usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio
It will never change a thing no matter what.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
I understand Israel's response to this, but I'm glad the U.S. is communicating with the Palestinians at a grave time like this.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

I understand Israel's response to this, but I'm glad the U.S. is communicating with the Palestinians at a grave time like this.
US is the one who can fix that.  Clinton was so close.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It cannot be fixed dude.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It cannot be fixed dude.
You are a bit pessimist about this issue.
Turquoise
O Canada

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

He was...  Clinton can be criticized for many things, but one thing he did well was arrange those peace talks.

We'll need someone else in office to bring us back to an agreement of that magnitude.  I'm guessing Obama or Mike Huckabee could probably arrange something like that if either of them entered the presidency.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It cannot be fixed dude.
We have to keep trying. Whats the alternative?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio

ATG wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It cannot be fixed dude.
A couple minutemen.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6588|sWEEDen
Fight fire with fire? From what I learned water is the most efficiant solution.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6700|U.S
What do the scorpions have to do with this topic?
ATG
Banned

usmarine2007 wrote:

ATG wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

It cannot be fixed dude.
A couple minutemen.
I know that reads well on a forum, but is not valid as a solution unless you are advocating the extermination of the Palestinians.

Are you???https://i19.tinypic.com/42s1u34.gif
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

usmarine2007 wrote:

ATG wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

It cannot be fixed dude.
A couple minutemen.
Oooh. Great solution that.

Advocating genocide.

It could be fixed and the US could fix it, but only by being harsh with Israel, who tend to be uncooperative bastards. They almost had something sorted when Rabin was in power, but then some war mongering Israelis shot him.
san4
The Mas
+311|6689|NYC, a place to live
The palestinian leaders who talk with Israel and the US typically can't control the people who commit and support the violence.
ATG
Banned

san4 wrote:

The palestinian leaders who talk with Israel and the US typically can't control the people who commit and support the violence.
I would say that is true about the Jewish side.
As Bertster correctly pointed out, powerful Jews advocated for peace with Palestine usually end up dead.
iamangry
+59|6646|The United States of America

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Screw that, its not our problem.  Britain can fix it, it is their problem.  Why is it their problem?  Because they started this whole thing in the first place.
Turquoise
O Canada

iamangry wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Screw that, its not our problem.  Britain can fix it, it is their problem.  Why is it their problem?  Because they started this whole thing in the first place.
I know what you mean, but diplomacy is a good thing.  Advocating for peace is certainly better than most invasions.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

iamangry wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

That's an interesting take on the situation. I'd say the Zionist movement with US backing started this whole thing.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
If you really want to get down to basics....blame the germans.....but nevermind who created the problem...lets try to find out how it can be solved instead.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
it's a problem we helped create, so it is our responsibility, along with other nations, to help resolve the situation.  what i find humorous is the we demand democracy in Palestine, so they ELECT terrorists, and then we're somehow surprised and upset.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

If you really want to get down to basics....blame the germans.....but nevermind who created the problem...lets try to find out how it can be solved instead.
Nope. The roots of this problem are older than Hitlers antics. It had hit crisis point quite a bit before the start of WWII, when Zionnist terrorism was at it's peak. Some Zionist terrorist organisations (branches of Lehi) even entered into talks with the Nazis encouraging the forcible expulsion of Jews to Palestine.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
You might be right Berster but I beleive Isreal wouldn´t have been created if WW2 hadn´t taken place.
Turquoise
O Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

iamangry wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That's an interesting take on the situation. I'd say the Zionist movement with US backing started this whole thing.
I think he's referring to Britain's occupation of Palestine and the subsequent process of settling Jews there.  That really is the beginning of the problem.  Granted, what you mentioned is the more relevant case of today's politics.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

iamangry wrote:

I think he's referring to Britain's occupation of Palestine and the subsequent process of settling Jews there.  That really is the beginning of the problem.  Granted, what you mentioned is the more relevant case of today's politics.
I'm well aware of what he's refering to. I just think he's wrong. The US were the driving force behind the establishment of the state of Israel. The British didn't want them in Palestine, which is why they kept putting Uganda on the table.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-03-18 14:52:17)

Turquoise
O Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I'm well aware of what he's refering to. I just think he's wrong. The US were the driving force behind the establishment of the state of Israel.
How did America influence this back in the 1800s, or are you just talking about the state being created in 1948?  Jews had established themselves in the area quite a while before that, so it was only natural to have a Jewish state there eventually.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-03-18 14:52:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard