Poll

If you Had a Trillion Dollars You would...

Help starving people in Africa17%17% - 29
Solve Immigration Problems in Your Country4%4% - 8
Fix Domestic Issues in Your Country6%6% - 10
Invade a Country for Oil4%4% - 7
Help Palestinians if they'd negotiate with Israel0%0% - 0
Chase Terrorists in the Middle East3%3% - 5
Spend it on yourself and your family34%34% - 56
Donate it to Unicef1%1% - 2
Donate it to WWF1%1% - 3
Other26%26% - 44
Total: 164
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

i got your point u need 5 bil max tbh even if u go crazy and spend like mad
I'd say a billion would do it for you.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
1. Take 50 million give it to my family, for all the things they have done for me.
2. Take 950 million keep it for myself, buy the biggest yacht ever, massive house, a company, etc.
3. Spend 100 billion on Africa.
4. Spend 100 billion on charity.
5. Invest 99 billion.
6. Spend 100 billion on R&D.
7. Spend 100 billion on my own personal army of merc's just coz that would be awesome. Bye bye anyone i dont like...
8. Dunno what to do with other 500 billion, maybe just keep it and then choose what to do with it after everything above was done. Maybe buy a small country

O and get a park with every animal in the world in... awesome.. my own army of killer elephants.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-03-18 08:17:11)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Medical research. Probably help develop new treatments for Malaria as well seeing as it is the deadliest disease and medicines that formerly protected, and saved people, have lost their effectiveness. Heart disease treatment/prevention would be another field I would help finance.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dersmikner
+147|6504|Texas
1. Buy a few spare Russian nukes and tell everyone in all the Islamic countries that they have exactly 365 days to identify and eradicate the radical Islamists.

When the 365th day comes, wait until a car bomb goes off or other terrorist activity happens, that kills Americans, and nuke (1) the country of origin of the terrorist, and (2) the country where he currently resides.

2. Tell all the African warlords that there will be free and fair elections on January 1 of 2009, and if they attempt even a single act of coersion they will be strung up on a stand in downtown, have their skin cheese-grated off, and then be doused in a mixture of Comet and bleach.

3. Buy 100 million condoms, make them free to everyone in Africa, and then tell them, in a massive advertising campaign, that money for AIDS drugs and AIDS healthcare is being shutoff for anyone not HIV positive and in the program at this time. If you get AIDS frmo today on, screw you. It's your fault and you don't deserve any of society's money or pity. Establish a leper colony in Greenland or Iceland for those with AIDS so they can't spread it to the rest of us.

4. Investigate and publicize the real skinny surrounding the death of Vince Foster.

5. Spend at least 1 billion on my college (The University of Texas), mostly on football. Double deck the rest of the football stadium, build a premier new 200 million dollar baseball stadium (named after me of course), and give grants to anyone who swore undying allegiance to the burnt orange and white, but who just couldn't afford to go to school without my money...

6. Buy fabulous houses in:

Napa Valley, specifically Yountville
Italian coast
Switzerland (probably Basel)
Scotland (I'm guessing the top two floors of the condos overlooking the 18th at St. Andrew's)
Manhattan, probably overlooking Central Park
Beaver Creek
Something in Phil Mickelson's neighborhood in Scottsdale.

7. Buy the island of Barbaretta off the coast of Honduras. Build a power plant, staff it, and build the home from hell. Buy a small military to protect it.

8. Buy Greg Norman's old yacht so I wouldn't have to spend much time at any of those places.

9. Own more of the world's great wines than I could ever drink.

10. A Rolex in every color to match the one and only one Submariner I already own.

11. Contemplate a used Space Shuttle, but probably settle for some kind of moon base. Yes, I'd make sure I had a retreat on the moon. I think I could get one, a damned good oen that would support me forever, for no more than 250 billion.

12. Hire a harem of insanely hot bi-sexual big-tittied women who would pleasure me and each other in all manner of sick and unimaginable ways, at my whim, and drag them around the globe (or off it) with me at all times.

13. Buy the Houston Texans and turn them into a winner.

14. Hire a cloning team so I could have replacement parts like they did in the movie "The Island".

15. Have Carrot Top killed.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

Put it in a bank and let it grow a lot. Eventually I can have 3 trillion for myself, 3 trillion for developing nations, 3 trillion for AIDS research, 3 trillion for cancer research, 3 trillion for other medicinal research, 3 trillion for space research (I bet that gets blown through in 2 days), and 3 trillion for Africa. I place Africa away from developing nations because frankly it's a whole different ballpark/shit storm.

Now then, what would I do with my share of the cash...

FUCK I hit "Starving people in africa" instead of "Other." Subtract and add 1 vote accordingly when you read the results
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina
We should keep a couple of billions to buy EA and fire all the assholes there.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6639|USA
"that entire list and more."
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
I would fund a private army to over-throw the united States government and replace it with a strict Constitutionalist group. There would be a one term rule.

The gallows would operate 24 hours a day until I had purged all who did not believe in border security.

And I'd buy a new motorcycle.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6548|Texas - Bigger than France
1) Hire a midget sidekick
2) Hire a marachi band - I need a soundtrack for my life
3) Buy the trademark and registered symbols and live off the royalties

Since this is really a question referring to what the US should do with it's money, I null voted as the poll is too simplistic.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6816|NÃ¥rvei

I would do a Mohammad Yunus stunt lending Africans the money to straighten up their continent by them self, they have the resourses to do it, they just lack the competance .....

Then i would hire a mariachi band (tnx pug)

Would also buy a scooter to drive to work instead of my company car ....

And finally i would hire Al Gore and ATG to hold a debate about global warming issues

Edit: Almost forgot, vote for Varegg and you`ll sleep better at night : http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=66914

Last edited by Varegg (2007-03-18 08:59:31)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command

Varegg wrote:

I would do a Mohammad Yunus stunt lending Africans the money to straighten up their continent by them self, they have the resourses to do it, they just lack the competance .....

Then i would hire a mariachi band (tnx pug)

Would also buy a scooter to drive to work instead of my company car ....

And finally i would hire Al Gore and ATG to hold a debate about global warming issues

Edit: Almost forgot, vote for Varegg and you`ll sleep better at night : http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=66914
I'd take that debate at no charge.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina
Spend it all on engineering a genetically superior race of humans with which to conquer the world.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Would certainly start my own charity, spend on others, my family and a bit on myself. Honestly, I'd keep quite a bit of it and pass it down the family.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

ATG wrote:

I would fund a private army to over-throw the united States government and replace it with a strict Constitutionalist group. There would be a one term rule.

The gallows would operate 24 hours a day until I had purged all who did not believe in border security.
You would never take me alive.

edit: I believe in border security, I just don't think building a damn fence is the way to go.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-03-18 09:33:52)

Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6711|Central Valley,California
Chase terrorists in Africa. Then get a computer that will run Crysis maxed out. Kthnxbai.
Ryan
+1,230|6849|Alberta, Canada

"If I had a trillion dollars, if I had a trillion dollars, I'd buy you George Dubya, just so you can torture him, and that ain't cruel."

Great song lol.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2007-03-18 09:51:52)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6543|Long Island, New York
Donate it to the WWF! I love wrestling!
lt603668
+6|6367|northern cali
id start off with buying my own jet then house and get maximum securuity.

then i would buy aboout 50 pounds of bud THEN i would pay my parents off and say i dont have to go to school. and have partys at my house everyday day
lt603668
+6|6367|northern cali
The WWE is a multi-million dollar buisness why the fuck would you donate..
by the way
Did you see last RAW?
Stone cold and The Rock came back.
lt603668
+6|6367|northern cali
i have a list of 100's of things to do.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

Pug wrote:

1) Hire a midget sidekick
2) Hire a marachi band - I need a soundtrack for my life
3) Buy the trademark and registered symbols and live off the royalties

Since this is really a question referring to what the US should do with it's money, I null voted as the poll is too simplistic.
What are you talking about?  The question refers to what you would do with your money.
Thoruz
+42|6332|Germany
I'd burn it
Fear_ofthe_Dark
+2|6395

Vilham wrote:

1. Take 50 million give it to my family, for all the things they have done for me.
2. Take 950 million keep it for myself, buy the biggest yacht ever, massive house, a company, etc.
3. Spend 100 billion on Africa.
4. Spend 100 billion on charity.
5. Invest 99 billion.
6. Spend 100 billion on R&D.
7. Spend 100 billion on my own personal army of merc's just coz that would be awesome. Bye bye anyone i dont like...
8. Dunno what to do with other 500 billion, maybe just keep it and then choose what to do with it after everything above was done. Maybe buy a small country

O and get a park with every animal in the world in... awesome.. my own army of killer elephants.
only I would spend some to invent and alternative to oil

EDIT 1: and find a cure for diabetes

Last edited by Fear_ofthe_Dark (2007-03-18 10:30:27)

daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6259|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

sergeriver wrote:

Imagine you have a trillion dollars, what would you do with that money?

I would keep a million to spend it in a few things (a couple of Porsches and Lambos), would put 999 million in a bank working for me, and the rest I would distribute this way:
-499 billion to my country.
-500 billion to the Clinton Global Initiative.
You could also fund an Argentine expeditionary Force to go to the Falkland isles so we could kick Argy arse again!!! J/K.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

daddyofdeath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Imagine you have a trillion dollars, what would you do with that money?

I would keep a million to spend it in a few things (a couple of Porsches and Lambos), would put 999 million in a bank working for me, and the rest I would distribute this way:
-499 billion to my country.
-500 billion to the Clinton Global Initiative.
You could also fund an Argentine expeditionary Force to go to the Falkland isles so we could kick Argy arse again!!! J/K.
I don't really care about those islands.  Besides, you should show some respect for the 900 people who died in the war from both sides.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard