ph4s3
engineer
+34|6825|Texas
All right, so I've been playing this game a while now.  I don't have a lot of hours as a casual player but I've seen, or thought I had seen, all the dumb bull$hit that can happen.  Well apparently not.

The other day on Sharqi I lost the race to the MEC chopper and got the gunner seat.  Not a big deal, it's usually a kill fest with a decent pilot so I hopped in and figured we'd get goin to avoid the TV from across the damn map.  Well, we finally made it up and avoided it, but instead of engaging, the pilot bugs out and ran around back behind the hills.  I thought, okay, I've got a wuss pilot but he'll play safe and I'll still get some kills.  Boy was I wrong.  This guy was a clanner and was apparently unhappy with his gunner (me), even though I'd just logged in hadn't ever seen him before. 

He proceeds to nose into the boundary limit to the point where the gunner seat is across the map boundary but the pilot seat is not.  I'm sitting there not realizing it's on purpose and freaking out of course, not realizing he's not being hurt.  It became fairly obvious what happened at the point I respawned, and saw him come over the hill to pick up a guy with the same clan tag then go on a rampage across the water.

What the hell is the appropriate reaction to that?  I was in shock for a few minutes and didn't know WTH to say or do.  Complain and sound like a winer?  TK and get kicked?  Or just accept that I'd been punked and had no recourse?  I've seen a lot of lame crap, but that seriously took the cake.  Then it happened again with another pilot a few rounds later.  Apparently since my hiatus over the last 3-4 months where I'd never even heard of this it has gone from unobserved to happening a half dozen times in the last week.

Is this really that common or have I just been playing with the wrong a$$holes this week?
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6362
If a gunny sgt went into my chopper I would do that too unless I knew he was good
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California
Just play your game...

It sucks and the guy is a douche...but TKing him just gives him a 15 second penalty...how many seconds are there in a round? Bitching will probably just make the guy laugh.
Nothing you can do cept play your game, and goto a diff server if it gets bad enough.
stef10
+173|6479|Denmark
It is common. But I actually really do not play this game anymore.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6523|Milkystania, yurop
assholes everywhere a dude did the same thing to me so i killed him an then used the flashbang needless to say i was in my mofokillin mood
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6486|Gogledd Cymru

its not too bad you probly played with assholes that week, or a nerdy 12yr old 1337 chopper crew
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6486|Kamloops, BC Canada
you know... people could ask the gunner to get out first because they wanted a friend with them... and kill them as a 2nd resort...

I'd get out if my pilot wanted his friend in there
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6286|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Well, it's called redlining, and some people tend to do it. A lot. Really, it depends on which server you go on and who the pilot is. Some people are nice teamplayers and will pick up just about anyone who wants to gun. Others are just people who want to solo. And then there's the clanners (no need to explain that). Usually, though, the pilot tells you to get out before redlining you. Did this happen, or did he just go straight to killing you?

Oh, and before anyone else says it: Use the search next time.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51
I would either TK him untill I got banned,
Or leave the server
Or get over it
devildogfo
+32|6319|Camp Lejeune
easy solution, play Project Reality. The experience is 100x better.
Crestfallen
+27|6446|England, Leicester
That is pretty lame.  Not happened to me for a while, most just ask me to get out if they have another guy from their clan there, but it just goes to show your probably best sticking to the ground when there are people like him in the air.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6524|Belgium

It sucks but it happens. If I notice they have the same tag and the pilot yells Hop out, I actually do that! But sometimes they just have to be gay and kill you. Nothing you can do about it. It happens every now and then but luckily not everyone is that annoying. Play with friends and you'll have fun.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6825|Texas

cowami wrote:

Usually, though, the pilot tells you to get out before redlining you. Did this happen, or did he just go straight to killing you?
Nah, he just went straight to it.  Although the second guy did tell me to bail out once he already had me past the boundary line.  Of course at that point I was already dead by the time I could float or walk back into bounds -or- I had a 5 minute walk to look forward to if I survived.  I opted to just die that time.
JAM7374
+6|6575
This happened to me last night as well.   Except it was a little different.   The guy was a shitty pilot and I was a medic,  so he was trying for well over a quarter of the round to kill me but couldn't.   The only reason I didn't get out was because the guy was being a dick about it,  so I stayed in it out of spite and kept healing myself.  As this went on our own team started yelling about where the attack chopper was, so I explained the situation and everyone started yelling at him to quit being a dick and just fly.   It got the the point where ppl even took the transport chopper over to shoot him down so the chopper would respond and hopefully someone else would get it.  Well after being shot at he flew back to the carrier to heal where he was promptly shot down.  Then every time he got in the chopper it was blown out of the sky.   Needless to say half the round was wasted without a chopper and after being shot down so much ( and not by me) he kept team killing me.  That was enough immaturity for me and it was late so I just called it a night, knowing that I pissed off the greedy chopper whore.  Hopefully next time he won;t be such a dick or maybe he could grow up and ASK!
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6739|London

That's terrible.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6736|Comber, Northern Ireland

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

If a gunny sgt went into my chopper I would do that too unless I knew he was good
says the Corporal
ifixphns2
+3|6712|Evanston, WY
Shit that sux.  Was he not aware of the "Bail Out" radio message?  What a Douche Nozzle.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

Yep, it happens. I've never done it and give all my gunners a chance.

You do get retards like that. But you do get less of them in SF. Vanilla is much worse for that shit, especially on the 24/7 servers on Oman, Sharqi and even DV.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6764|Tenn
yea im not a fan of it. ill fly around with a tard and let him get us killed. and of course he will run straight back up to me after already displaying his incapabilities as a gunner and try to get in. that will get u straight shot in the face. or ill just let him fly and then TK him after he crashes us.
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6291
dang PWNED!!! Ill never do that to someone
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6300|The | Netherlands

david363 wrote:

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

says the Corporal
Yeah lol, may be his second account but still it's pathetic.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6692|UK
ye sum times wen im flyin hey <gunners name> can u fly plz
"ye sure"
*he gets out so i can switch position*
and i fly off

hehe
Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

If you pulled a shit stunt like that, I prob. ban you from my server for life.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6522|dunno

Samtheman53 wrote:

ye sum times wen im flyin hey <gunners name> can u fly plz
"ye sure"
*he gets out so i can switch position*
and i fly off

hehe
I do the same thing lol.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6582|Seattle
bad gunners get bordered. douchebags (and pragmatists) border without giving the gunner a chance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard