+284|6265|England
if 1 may be bold and say why are you buying from overclockers try

www.novatech.co.uk
www.scan.co.uk
www.microdirect.co.uk
www.aria.co.uk
www.ebuyer.com
www.dabs.com

they are cheaper and provide a better service than overclockers, novatech are especially good and so are scan, overclockers have brought some of there prices down recently but the are still not as cheap as scan or novatech.
Please shop around first before paying out a lot of money.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6563|UK

How much was that?  I re-ordered a near Identical system today (hope it dont break down this time!)

Martyn
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6806

Bertster7 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

I'd recommend one of these: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … subcat=821

I've only seen one reveiw of the 900 case but it was quite favourable.  The rest of the equipment looks top notch,

Having said that, I do wonder why you've gone for the e6600 processor.  The e6700 is the top one excluding the silly-money extreme processors whereas the e6300 is the one the over-clockers )not to be confused with the re-seller you'vr gone for  scan.co.uk and savastore.co.uk might be worth checking out as well.  Personally I've had bad service from Scan but their prices tend to be the lowest.
I'd recommend one of these
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … subcat=821
Much, much cheaper and a brilliant heatsink.
I agree.  That's a better cooler than the one I suggested.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6857|Waikato, Aotearoa
Drop Vista Ultimate for now. Stay with XP for @ least the next 12-18 months. Allow time for the bugs to get ironed out with the release of SP1.
I have been hearing reports of Vista not working with certain video and sound card manufacturers, that resulted in those persons returning thier brand new PC to the stores and insisting on XP instead.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6507|N. Ireland

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Drop Vista Ultimate for now. Stay with XP for @ least the next 12-18 months. Allow time for the bugs to get ironed out with the release of SP1.
I have been hearing reports of Vista not working with certain video and sound card manufacturers, that resulted in those persons returning thier brand new PC to the stores and insisting on XP instead.
Screw him (in a polite manner). I have Vista Ultimate and it is amazing, even with games! 10x better than XP could ever be.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6792|Long Island
In my opinion, that would be an excellent PC.  I LOVE that case even though I don't have it, I plan on upgrading in the future to it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

leetkyle wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Screw him (in a polite manner). I have Vista Ultimate and it is amazing, even with games! 10x better than XP could ever be.
Ditto. As a matter of fact I recently moved from 32 to 64 and it was absolutely painless. Here are my specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo x6800 Extreme Edition
BFG 680i chipset
BFG 8800 GTX |4 GB DDR2 800 (Patriot low latency)
WD Dual Raptors 10k RPM Raid 0 150x2|Sound Blaster X-FI
Internal HD 2 Western Digital 500GB (Seperate array)
Lacie 500 GB EXT HD Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme Music

Not a single driver issue. Much has changed since those early 5k builds. One of the best parts was I didn't have to do anything for it to properly see my Raid config. The XP days of booting from jump drives and floppy's may finally be behind me
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cerberus666
+4|6568

Kmarion wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

cheers kamarion... any way of bringin the price down a little  without loss of performance ?
You could opt for a lesser C2D and just overclock it a bit. The core 2's are highly reliable and efficient when it comes to overclocking. I did not see your heat sink in your specs. Make sure you add one.
Just remember, getting a lower C2D means half the cache size. E6600 is definitely the best value-for-money processor out there at the moment, sadly, quad cores are gonna knock it for 6 pretty soon. But nice choices nonetheless
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6595|SE London

Cerberus666 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

cheers kamarion... any way of bringin the price down a little  without loss of performance ?
You could opt for a lesser C2D and just overclock it a bit. The core 2's are highly reliable and efficient when it comes to overclocking. I did not see your heat sink in your specs. Make sure you add one.
Just remember, getting a lower C2D means half the cache size. E6600 is definitely the best value-for-money processor out there at the moment, sadly, quad cores are gonna knock it for 6 pretty soon. But nice choices nonetheless
Lies.

The E6300 is the best value.

You see very little benefit from the increased cache size for most real world tasks. Higher FSB tolerances for the E6300 and E6400 mean they get the best performance boost from OCing. A 6300 will clock to about 3.5GHz on air, a 6600 will clock to about 3.6GHz on air, the extra cache doesn't add much, so performance when OC'd is pretty simillar and the 6300 costs half as much.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-03-22 09:13:28)

Chorcai
+49|6661|Ireland

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

any 1 got good recommendations for sound card etc..for this amount of money i would probably use this as main form of entertainment with speakers and tv reciever etc ?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … mp;subcat=
I have that card mine came with I/O drive bay as well, I have to say the 3d effects, game modes, rec mode enter. mode, 24bit + Xf-i + loads of other stuff with 64mb ram that with the 7.1 S/S/S just change BF2 so much I was like WOW crystal clear nade blowing up (Me with soiled panties !!) If ya get a good sound card plus 5.1/7.1 it makes a differance, I love it.
Chorcai
+49|6661|Ireland
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … ;subcat=35

that case is nice plus heat info thingies
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6792|Long Island
Be sure to post the results!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard