mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Try this out for 2 weeks b4 you get rid of the disks:   http://realitymod.com/
Seriously, this is 10x better then regular BF2.  It has teamwork,  fixed hitbox reg, realistic damage(ppl do not live after a 5 second burst to the body), no Tks, realistic vehicles(Tanks kick ass), and everyone uses VOIP.  Just make sure you read the Wiki first: http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide
Q.F.E!!!

I went on a month long oversaes holiday during the christmas period. When I got back, I didn't feel like playing BF2. It was dead to me. I even tried a few times - no fun at all.

I downloaded PR...

Best. Fucking. Thing. Ever.

Try that one first.

Mcminty.
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney

Phatso wrote:

At the end of the day, it matters only what servers you join and whom you squad with.

BF2, imho is still alive and kicking. And i'm still having an awesome time doing it

(but then again, i have been playing with the same players on the same servers for 900+ hours)
Yeah alive and KICKING. It used to have a tank to drive around in, but then IO came along.
Des.Kmal
+917|6619|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

pebblebash wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

IO HAS ruined bf2...

i hate it. i made a long rant on it a long time ago. i no longer play IO, only reg server.. i play IO with my clan
how leet of you
fucking right
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
So this is what I get for not responding to my own post after being stuck home a week without a computer...some compliment, some flame, either way, it gets out of hand--not that I am completely innocent either.  So I'll address the most major things:

1.  When I started BF2, I was a n00b.  I'll admit it.  I'm still somewhat a n00b--of course, I learned from this experience and did far better in other games.  Which idiot said that 300 TK's in 330 hours is bad?  Sometimes bad stuff happens, and no matter what, some idiot with the medic pack out rushes in to revive despite the fact I'm screaming out 'throwing frag' into that sinister alley.  Shit happens, ya know?  I got better towards the end--and only because I was working with a couple clans at one point.  Of course, I can't help but feel stupid that somehow, I always, always managed to get stuck with the shitty vehicles on big maps--or worse, become a magnet for some persistent jet or chopper whore. 

2.  2142 rewards teamwork--and more than just success and wins.  Unlocks, upgrades, etc.

3.  I will probably go look up Project Reality and see what all the fuss is about.  Might be interesting.

4.  BF2142 has been getting better since it started--most of the major bugs and balance issues being worked out at a much faster pace than BF2 experienced--no offense, Dice dropped the ball a bit for BF2, before they learned the error of their ways (thank god).  Hit detection is much more reliable--I *know* when I've hit a guy.  Plus (latest news) another patch on the way--damn they come so fast now!  This one includes reduction on Clay (Gay)more whoring, buffing the gunships, fixing exploits, balance issues.  Check it out!

5.  For the record, I got the knife and pistol badges the old fashioned way--damn is it hard to pistol guys to death unless you soften them up first (M95, anyone?)

6.  Something else I'm probably forgetting.

Oh well, laters...maybe I'll yet hold on to those CD's.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6304|The | Netherlands
/care

Everybody plays for his fun, so whatever you like and if you don't like it switch to something you do like it.
The way your game goes, is your own choice imho.

Last edited by 3lmo (2007-03-23 11:16:27)

Fujin
+18|6548
Well, I gotta hand it to the guy, he could have shot back at some of you with both barrels but instead he replied with a pretty neutral post...good on you.

As for the game dying, nah...probably not.  I think to be more correct, your taste and pleasure for it has died.  I don't play it very much anymore, but when I do, it still has the same feel it did a year ago when I started.

btw...Kmal...your siggy...daddy likey...daddy wants...

Last edited by Fujin (2007-03-23 16:01:54)

reaper_654
confused??
+36|6298|ohio,USA

Phatso wrote:

At the end of the day, it matters only what servers you join and whom you squad with.

BF2, imho is still alive and kicking. And i'm still having an awesome time doing it

(but then again, i have been playing with the same players on the same servers for 900+ hours)
you pretty much said it all
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6272

Magius5.0 wrote:

So I played BF2 a few days ago, after months of playing Battlefield 2142.  I thought I'd hop back into a jet or a tank and just have some fun on Wake or Karkand, I needed some time off.

Hell apparently froze over by the time I got back--and I'm not talking about 2142 either.

Half the servers I browse that are ranked are infantry only.
There are still major twats who TK for the goddamn armor and other whorage vehicles.
Admins are complete bastards these days.
The K&P servers seem rampant.
Medic class still unbalanced.  Don't get me started on that one, Assault is still the shittiest class in the game.
No one ever makes a squad--and for that matter, no one knows even the slightest concept of teamwork.  BF 2142 doesn't have half this many retards.

WHAT THE FOOK HAPPENED TO THE BF2 I KNEW?!!!

Seriously, I uninstalled BF2.  After 330 hours playing starting roughly a year ago, I've had enough of this now-rampant bullshit that didn't seem all that bad at first.  Infantry Only KILLED this game for one thing--it's like a horribly bad version of Counter-Strike, with even more bullshit from lag, bunny hopping, and so on.  Or just grenade spamming.  I anticipate microwaving my Deluxe Edition BF2 CD's (all five of them) sometime in the near future...this game has died and must be allowed to be buried.

Teamwork never works unless you get clans--because there's no incentive to follow orders.  People TK over armor because they believe the punishment is outweighed by the killing spree they'll go on.  There are wide-spread accusations of hacks, micros, the list goes on.  And now I hear EA themselves is taking over the ROE--not that I cared, but now we'll get all sorts of shit anytime someone bitches'oh he's better than me, he must hack.'  More importantly, the last patch may have fixed many things, but I/O killed the game; it's slowly stagnating and I'm amazed people are stupid enough to keep doing the same stupid stuff...over and over again.

I'm heading back to the frozen wastes of BF 2142...where not everyone is completely idiotic.

(on second thought, IM me if you want my game discs...I'll sell em cheap.)
Infantry got rid of the retarted tank nub whores.. and also infantry only mode runs much smoother then regular mode did ;]
maxQ
+2|6461|NZ

cosworth1983 wrote:

2 Words....... Project Reality.

Greetz
amen, squad up or enjoy looking at the sky - a lot
Zukabazuka
+23|6687

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

You have only played for 300 hrs.....  still considered a newb...

You only seemed to play 2 maps....  in bf2 there's 14...

Now add SF, AF, EF, for 28 maps...  oh, you dont have those...

You are still TOO WET BEHIND THE EARS to even know what you're talking about....

AND you have expert in Knife and Pistol.... only....

25 kicks in 300 hrs?????

You stats show you play just like the players you complain about.... over 300 teamkills???

You Sir R A N00b.... So your opinion means NOTHING....
Yeah you should talk, 1392h and only 40k kills? That's BAD, the amount of total points you have is even worse.

Anyway, BF2 players are trigger happy when it comes to punish people, they don't give me a second to explain, or do they care. Most players are not aware of the commanders UAV that he places over them. The map is mystery for the players. Every friking person who has above captain seems to be able to do one shot kill a LOT often no matter what kind of condition he is in and the AK is magically the best weapon on the field. Superb accuracy, one shot kill can slaughter groups in a single clip. The loading times are huge in BF2 and hit registration is bad.

IO is fun, but not on Karkand. It will only result in mass nading the spawn untill you get there.

People who think the patch 1.12 will bring happiness will be mad when they don't land on the USMC, that's all they care about, oh and maybe the entire bunnyjumping serie to. Other than that jets are impossible to shot down and only an another pilot can bring it down. Now that it is actually possible to have a TV missile aimbot I wonder how many out there really use hacks and so.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
play sf...
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6740|Omaha, Nebraska
2142? PhReaKIN Laz3r beams.... neato....

pfft

Why is it BF2 still has more servers then 2142? er...

Last edited by splixx (2007-03-23 17:13:50)

BF2Craglyeye
+72|6674|Australia
BF2 is not dead or dying the best part was that sooky little bitches like you went over and now we dont have to deal with ya.

The quality of the players has risen(or its the hax), yes i have played 2142 and if i ever wanted a game where you couldnt move fast enough to evade enemies, im sure it'll be my first port of call.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard