boojiboy16
+2|6494
there are too many unlocks that can detect infantry, commanders uav, pulse meter, and the NS infantry detector. Most games I've played recently I've had the enemy spot and chase me and my normal tactic of doubling back to get behind them is ruined even if I go way off to the side and hide I'm getting rushed by 3 or 4 guys.  they're in danger of removing strategic play from the game and turning it into just a face off fire fight
Exxorcism
Vatican's Holy Sniper
+2|6267|Vatican
Adapt or die.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6564|Brisbane, Aus

Exxorcism wrote:

Adapt or die.
emp them or find some distraction, then kill the uav/detector/enemy
boojiboy16
+2|6494
adapt or die is a useless reply, and to the emp them and kill answer, I used to do that but now there are so many people with devices it is getting impossible
psH
Banned
+217|6391|Sydney

Exxorcism wrote:

Adapt or die.
0r f4c3 teh_konsequ3nc3es!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6717|Sweden
Remove UAV and support infantry detector they can leave the pulse meter that one is ok, the game would be allot more fun when people would have to actually think more, use "spot" and the commnader would play a more active role in spotting.
NoGodsNoMasters
+6|6384
Use the sniper decoy
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6817|Nårvei

Welcome to the future, our future
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

Yeah I agree all the simple detection methods make the game quite retarded. Now its just chasing after red dots on the minimap. You dont even need sound anymore

The game went from "simple" to "OMG SIMPLE"
Sambuccashake
+126|6618|Sweden
Hmmm I hadn't thought about this until I read this thread but zeidmaan is 100% correct.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6575|NYC / Hamburg

play PRMM then. It has no UAV or infantry detection
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker
I disagree, Zeidmaan.  It's not just chasing red dots on the minimap.  Tactics still have to be used because the detection methods don't have much range at all.  Even the commander with the scan and UAV can't cover the whole battlefield.  I still spot enemies so they show up on the NetBat for my squad, the same goes for vehicles.  Even if you know the enemy is there, you still have to kill them.  The enemy will probably flank you if all you do is look at the minimap.  I glance at the minimap and keep my eyes on the battlefield. 

And you do need sound, or you won't hear me pulling my knife to take your tags.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-03-16 07:08:58)

Sambuccashake
+126|6618|Sweden

Stingray24 wrote:

Good luck remaining undetected when getting even remotely close to someone with the infantry sonar mounted to the Otus...
Brasso
+1,549|6637

Sambuccashake wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Good luck remaining undetected when getting even remotely close to someone with the infantry sonar mounted to the Otus...
I thought you couldn't do that anymore.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Sambuccashake
+126|6618|Sweden

haffeysucks wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I thought you couldn't do that anymore.
Yep you still can (if you manage to actually deploy the Otus without having it killing you) but I believe it will be patched in due time.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716
I agree that there is no place to hide from support troops now.  The pulse meeter is week and there is no longer a need for it in the game because the infantry sonar does a much better job and informs the troops around you.

A few support players can put up sonar at the key spots on a map and then the other team can't sneek anywhere.  Your only chance for capping a flag behind enemy lines becomes a mad dash in fast vehical ( does not work because of the vehical motion mines).

Note to self: Whore the infantry sonar and loller mines.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker

Sambuccashake wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ok, I'll just flip my assault rifle to single shot and pick him off from a distance then.
weamo8
+50|6450|USA
It is getting harder and harder to roll around by yourself without getting hatcheted by 3 or 4 guys, but I think that encourages more squad coordination and such.  I would argue that it actually makes the game more strategic.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6717|Sweden

weamo8 wrote:

It is getting harder and harder to roll around by yourself without getting hatcheted by 3 or 4 guys, but I think that encourages more squad coordination and such.  I would argue that it actually makes the game more strategic.
Very true solo-play get less sucess lately, unless you´re in a walker then you embrace all the tight squads moving around in sixpacks.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
It is the year 2142. Keep moving, keep alert and keep in range of teammates! Also, if a Support troop Dystek's you, then just lob an EMP Grenade back at them.
Mexanick
+3|6460|Russia
Otus + support's infantry radar = wallhack for you and all teammates around you. Wait for aimbot unlock in the next booster. I think its hard to make cheats for 2142...
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

weamo8 wrote:

LoL is so very much totally disagree with that, no offense.

Strategy is not running around with your squad and reviving each other. Most important thing for strategic gameplay is remaining undetected. And that is becoming almost impossible.

Whats even worse is that they gave the stupid infantry detector to support class, OMG THE STUPIDITY in that.

You drop one on the ground, run 10 meters than drop another one, run 10 meters than drop another one, run 10 meters than drop another one etc. How is that not idiotic ?
Not to mention the possibility to put both Vehicle detector and infantry detector on you tank

Sambuccashake gets it

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-03-16 08:59:38)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
Adapt. You didn't code the game so you don't make the rules. Don't like it, shut the hell up and don't whine about it to us, EA won't change it. They know it works. They know people buy it. They wouldn't change something that is selling very well.
Slickfish
+24|6630
From my experience the only major effect it has had, you get less people just hiding in a corner waiting for you to run past.
It is alittl harder to sneak about but by no means impossible.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

leetkyle wrote:

Adapt. You didn't code the game so you don't make the rules. Don't like it, shut the hell up and don't whine about it to us, EA won't change it. They know it works. They know people buy it. They wouldn't change something that is selling very well.
LoL I payed for the game which means I have the right to moan all I want. Its say so in the EULA.
Altho I wasn't actually moaning I was just stating the obvious

And "adapt" implies that I'm getting owned and pissed of. Its quite the opposite. I was and still am a really good player. Im just sad ()

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard