Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6362|Vancouver

Pubic wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Thankfully the guy is over 80, and won't last too much longer.

(2007 Cricket World Cup, March 15th, Ireland vs Zimbabwe...)
LOL. That shows how popular cricket is in Ireland - I didn't even know there was a world cup on and am surprised that Ireland even has a team!
14th in the world rankings, just behind the Netherlands and just ahead of Canada...and we're playing England today, fingers crossed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_cricket_world_cup
Canada has cricket? Since when? I'm shocked!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644

apollo_fi wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

china is pumping billions of dollars into zimbabwe
Why on earth?

Is it going to Mugabe or the opposition?
mugabe.  they also have a lot of PLA there guarding the various industries that china has investment in.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
I am finding it increasing difficult to read all of your past posts wishing that the US, stop being the worlds police, and mind our own business and stop forcing our will and our democracy on other countries. Then I come in here and read how terrible we are for not doing just that in Africa.

A bunch of people in this forum really really need to take one stand, and one stand only, on the US's roll in the world. Keeping in mind the US is not your countries, genie in a bottle, that you can conjure up whenever it suits you.

Forget what the US SHOULD do!! What the hell are all of you Eurotrash countries doing about it?

Last edited by lowing (2007-03-15 22:13:26)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

I am finding it increasing difficult to read all of your past posts wishing that the US, stop being the worlds police, and mind our own business and stop forcing our will and our democracy on other countries. Then I come in hear and read how terrible we are for not doing just that in Africa.

A bunch of people in this forum really really need to take one stand, and one stand only, on the US's roll in the world. Keeping in mind the US is not your countries, genie in a bottle, that you can conjure up whenever it suits you.

Forget what the US SHOULD do!! What the hell are all of you Eurotrash countries doing about it?
Where did you hear that? CPoe said explicitly that western intervention was not the answer.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
Why should we do anything - he was elected.

(/sarcasm)
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am finding it increasing difficult to read all of your past posts wishing that the US, stop being the worlds police, and mind our own business and stop forcing our will and our democracy on other countries. Then I come in hear and read how terrible we are for not doing just that in Africa.

Where did you hear that? CPoe said explicitly that western intervention was not the answer.
I didn't  mention Cpoe. I am responding to the multiple of posts that compare our involvement in Iraq to the lack of involvement in Africa
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

I didn't  mention Cpoe. I am responding to the multiple of posts that compare our involvement in Iraq to the lack of involvement in Africa
OK.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Pubic wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Thankfully the guy is over 80, and won't last too much longer.

(2007 Cricket World Cup, March 15th, Ireland vs Zimbabwe...)
LOL. That shows how popular cricket is in Ireland - I didn't even know there was a world cup on and am surprised that Ireland even has a team!
14th in the world rankings, just behind the Netherlands and just ahead of Canada...and we're playing England today, fingers crossed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_cricket_world_cup
Off topic: GJ Ireland on getting only the 3rd ever one-day tie in their first ever World Cup match.
~ Richard Feynman
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

The people of Zimbabwe should unite in arms to overthrow him and their neighbours in the region should say 'No more' to this animal. South Africa: CUT OFF ALL LINKS NOW. My respect for South Africa, who support this despot, has plummeted as a result of their support. Do they not remember the days of apartheid? Democracy for Zimbabwe now!
Uh-oh. They'd need guns for that.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

CameronPoe wrote:

Robert Mugabe is a corrupt dictatorial brutal cunt and deserves death.
Couldn't agree more. He's just a modern day Idi Amin, but worse. His solution for the economy was to declare inflation illegal and take three zero's off the value of their currency, which, if you ask any economist, you just can't do.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6519|Πάϊ

CameronPoe wrote:

Robert Mugabe is a corrupt dictatorial brutal cunt and deserves death.
Quite so. Lets hope his crimes do not go unpunished.
ƒ³
san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live

Vilham wrote:

Dont take this the wrong way... but you only just noticed this? Mugabe has been doing sick things for like 10 years now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard