Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
Fix global warming.

Yeah yeah, it's still a theory, blah blah blah... (by the way, 100ppm of extra CO2 could very easily cause a sharp increase in global temperature, especially considering the other 300ppm brings the global temperature from -20C to +20C...)

But everyone agrees that it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement some of these greenhouse gas-reducing measures, right?

So, any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to give all the developing nations of the world 100 bulldozers each. A third of all CO2 emissions come from forest clearing through burning.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CommieChipmunk
+488|6562|Portland, OR, USA

Spark wrote:

Fix global warming.

Yeah yeah, it's still a theory, blah blah blah... (by the way, 100ppm of extra CO2 could very easily cause a sharp increase in global temperature, especially considering the other 300ppm brings the global temperature from -20C to +20C...)

But everyone agrees that it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement some of these greenhouse gas-reducing measures, right?

So, any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to give all the developing nations of the world 100 bulldozers each. A third of all CO2 emissions come from forest clearing through burning.
eh, I'm guessing/hoping that last statement was sarcastic??
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6769|Kansas, USA
Hmm...Let's see - the annual cost to maintain and operate a bulldoze woould be many thousands of dollars x each bulldozer. Or purchase a pack of matches for less than a buck. Yeah, that will vertainly chnage their current methods.

But seriously, I agree that global warming exists. I'm just not convinced that it is because of human activities. While I think it would be wise for us to drastically reduce the amount of pollution we create I don't think it is any guarantee that it would reduce or reverse global warming. The earth has been warming ever since the end of the last ice age and I highly doubt cromagnan man had anything to do with the ice age anding.
Spark
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Spark wrote:

Fix global warming.

So, any suggestions?

Partially. The bulldozers idea is sarcastic, the fact that a third of all emissions come from forest fires were not.

Plus there's the added side affect that it would mean that South East Asia wouldn't have to breathe in smoke for half the year.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CommieChipmunk
+488|6562|Portland, OR, USA

Spark wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Spark wrote:

Fix global warming.

So, any suggestions?

Partially. The bulldozers idea is sarcastic, the fact that a third of all emissions come from forest fires were not.

Plus there's the added side affect that it would mean that South East Asia wouldn't have to breathe in smoke for half the year.
yeah, but getting rid of the trees is like, double fucking ourselves.  people need to stop having so many kids

less kids = more resources.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6685|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Spark wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Spark wrote:

Fix global warming.

So, any suggestions?

Even if there are regulations against the slashing and burning of the rain forest, I honestly think that most of the governments won't enforce them too much, or at all for that matter.
Spark
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
Well at least we could give them something slightly less smoky to do it with.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709
Find new energy sources, cars are the largest polluters in the world.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6822
Supposedly you could shut off a supprising number of power stations if people turned off their computer while they weren't using it. Office workers will apparently leave their pc running overnight so they don't have to wait for it to turn on in the morning.

Using less energy can be both economical and environmentally friendly so even if you don't believe in or care about global warming, you'll more than likely care about spending less money.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Begin a global program whereby all vacant land has to be planted with trees as a legal obligation.

Phase out fossil fuel cars - making them illegal by say 2020. Electric cars only from then on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard