[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6588|sWEEDen
Actually I´m not very content and happy about the situation in Sweden either....all nations has their flaws and make their mistakes....Sweden is no different...forgive me if my rant was hard but the land of the free has been going the wrong way for many years, lets hope it has turned with the last election for congress and perhaps even a change in foreignpolitics that doesn´t create more problems then it solves....I know the every day american is not a blueprint of the people in office and that is why I have hopes for a better future....becuase we are all linked together...US politics effects the entire world....Make love...not war.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

Oh noes....lowing played the WW2 card again.....is that all you got?

Talking about mistakes my nation did 50 years ago? I can admit Sweden has made many mistakes and probably will make more of them in the future...the thing is I don´t support them...and I can admit it they happen....unlike you my friend that actually support the mistakes beeing done by your nation now and can´t admit your earlier mistakes has lead to the current situation for your nation...unlike many other older nations USA fails too learn anything from their mistakes and are caught in a wheel of terror that will never stop. And don´t give me that shit about co-operating with fucked up leaders and nations...we all know USA is the master of that kind of politics.

Fact is...I know much much more about your nation and it´s doings then you ever have or ever will about mine and thats why we don´t discuss about Sweden here right? I hope that some day soon americans will wake up and see that they are heading towards a society not very unlike DDR....your freedom isn´t what I would call freedom....keep it too yourselves.
Not playing any card, merely speaking fact. Your nation, since WW2 has not changed their views on anything, you are still a nation of appeasers and will collaborate, once again, with whoever threatens you most at the time, to secure your own interests. You are a nation of sideliners that do nothing but sit back and soak up all the benefits of a free world that others provide. I have no respect for your country's position in this world, and really, couldn't care less about your views on the US. Just know along with the US you have plenty of neighbors that guard your right to leech off the world.

Also, I know the US isn't perfect, it is far from it, but we are constantly striving for a perfect country even if we never establish one.

Last edited by lowing (2007-03-16 04:07:42)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Actually I´m not very content and happy about the situation in Sweden either....all nations has their flaws and make their mistakes....Sweden is no different...forgive me if my rant was hard but the land of the free has been going the wrong way for many years, lets hope it has turned with the last election for congress and perhaps even a change in foreignpolitics that doesn´t create more problems then it solves....I know the every day american is not a blueprint of the people in office and that is why I have hopes for a better future....becuase we are all linked together...US politics effects the entire world....Make love...not war.
No need to apologize about your feelings toward the US, they are insignifcant compared to the facts about it as a whole.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ
Maybe this has been answered before, I didn't read the 5 pages... 

Al Quaeda is supposed to be an international terrorist organization. The Mexican boarders are practically open. How do the war in Iraq and the Patriot Act prevent terrorist actions from happening within US soil?
ƒ³
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

oug wrote:

Maybe this has been answered before, I didn't read the 5 pages... 

Al Quaeda is supposed to be an international terrorist organization. The Mexican boarders are practically open. How do the war in Iraq and the Patriot Act prevent terrorist actions from happening within US soil?
Talk to big business I guess. Most of congress is in the pockets of places like Bank of America. The average American knows this. It's tough to make a choice for a candidate when none of the politicians are taking a hard stand against the shame that is known as our border. Sooner or later there will be hell to pay. Although all the hijackers were in this country legally, a porous border with a laughable "fence" idea can't be good. They do what they need to do in this case just to appease. They need more man power and equipment. We need to adapt stricter laws and punishments for those who feel they can just sneak in. I'd be happy if we had policies similar to Mexico.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6676|Belgium

Kmarion wrote:

...The CIA was reduced by 20 percent in the 90's under Clinton. He moved to cut the CIA budget up to 25 percent by 1998.

CIA Director George Tenet-
In the early 1990s, the Clinton administration drastically cut back "Humint" – efforts by the CIA to recruit indigenous on-the-ground assets regardless of their backgrounds – after Democrats like then-Sen. Robert Torricelli complained that the agency was relying on too many people involved in criminal activity and human rights abuses.

Tenet said it would take "an additional five years of rebuilding our clandestine service" before the U.S. has the kind of on-the-ground human intelligence necessary to effectively fight the war on terrorism.
Do you have any information on the reason why Clinton reduced the effectiveness of the CIA (and possibly other services)? Was it the "good ol '90's" cheer after the cold war so one could get the economy going?

I guess it must have been the fact that in the early 90's no clear enemy existed since the collapse of the former USSR. Happened here too - they even abolished the draft in my country without even thinking of the consequences or making a serious plan for the armed forces.

You could call it short sighted of Bill to cut these programs, and it sure explains this.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I know why he cut them. His predecessor took step to reduce it to a lower level following the cold war. However Clinton overdid it and continued to reduce it below acceptable/effective levels. I of course am for a strong economy but security comes first. Without good intelligence none of your enemy's or threats are clear. I guess Americans should ask if we were not giving billions in aide to Israel maybe we could have maintained our intelligence and saved a few thousand of our citizens. Those questions are rarely asked. Do they really need 2.4 billion a year to tear down houses in Palestine?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6676|Belgium

Kmarion wrote:

I know why he cut them. His predecessor took step to reduce it to a lower level following the cold war. However Clinton overdid it and continued to reduce it below acceptable/effective levels. I of course am for a strong economy but security comes first. Without good intelligence none of your enemy's or threats are clear. I guess Americans should ask if we were not giving billions in aide to Israel maybe we could have maintained our intelligence and saved a few thousand of our citizens. Those questions are rarely asked. Do they really need 2.4 billion a year to tear down houses in Palestine?
Good question. Americans should ask why so much aid is given to Israel. I guess AIPAC might be one of the reasons why so much aid is given, and why such questions are not asked.

Back on topic: Bill clearly made a mistake cutting the budgets of the services too much, but to defend him a little, the threat of international non-state-sponsored terrorism was really small in those days, all eyes were focussed on major countries such as Lybia, or major groups such as Fatah or Hamas, and imo Al Qaida was only beginning to rise. But you're right, the bombings of the Cole and the African embassy should have made it clear there was a new danger lurking.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Pierre wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Good question. Americans should ask why so much aid is given to Israel. I guess AIPAC might be one of the reasons why so much aid is given, and why such questions are not asked.

Back on topic: Bill clearly made a mistake cutting the budgets of the services too much, but to defend him a little, the threat of international non-state-sponsored terrorism was really small in those days, all eyes were focussed on major countries such as Lybia, or major groups such as Fatah or Hamas, and imo Al Qaida was only beginning to rise. But you're right, the bombings of the Cole and the African embassy should have made it clear there was a new danger lurking.
I have seen surveys where Americans were asked if Americans thought our government was doing more now to protect them against terrorism. The responses generally were they felt like the government is doing more but they feel "less safe" now. To me this says Pre-9/11 most were oblivious and unaware of the desire some extremist had to cause death and destruction to Americans (certainly not on American soil). The media playing on the fears in order to get viewers I am sure also has helped to instill a feeling of insecurity. I think more and more Americans are able to see through the smoke yet still maintain a sense of alertness everyday.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Pierre wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I guess the bombing of the WTC in'93 wasn't much of a clue??
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I can't rightly guess when something will happen, because I don't have access to all known facts.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal

UON wrote:

I think the republicans will wait at least a year before arranging another attack
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
There are other ways of aiding the world then using warfare and troops...fact is that Sweden does alot for a nation the size it is....but I can understand that american media doesn´t write much about a 9 000 000 ppl big country that does other things then picking fights....Sweden is a big international player thinking of our size and we also aid more in % then the US.

Sweden hasn´t been in war for about 100 years...we rarely interfere in other ways then politics or aid and therefore we don´t have many or none real enemies. Soo what enemies do we need to be protected from?

But Sweden still suck...as most nations it´s filled with corrupt politicians and many times it makes strange turns in politics....we´ve had US planes landing here with terrorists beeing transported to Guantanamo but our goverment hasn´t admited that officialy yet and we have sold weapons to restricted nations...no nation is perfect as previously stated...but I just can´t understand how many US citizens can´t see that their nation has degenerated soo much.

And for the answer to the OP is that it doesn´t matter what kind of president or congress you will elect because the enemies already made are to many....you will always suffer from terror and enemies...all you can do is minimize it. But who knows for sure....my guess is sadly very soon.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

There are other ways of aiding the world then using warfare and troops...fact is that Sweden does alot for a nation the size it is....but I can understand that american media doesn´t write much about a 9 000 000 ppl big country that does other things then picking fights....Sweden is a big international player thinking of our size and we also aid more in % then the US.

Sweden hasn´t been in war for about 100 years...we rarely interfere in other ways then politics or aid and therefore we don´t have many or none real enemies. Soo what enemies do we need to be protected from?

But Sweden still suck...as most nations it´s filled with corrupt politicians and many times it makes strange turns in politics....we´ve had US planes landing here with terrorists beeing transported to Guantanamo but our goverment hasn´t admited that officialy yet and we have sold weapons to restricted nations...no nation is perfect as previously stated...but I just can´t understand how many US citizens can´t see that their nation has degenerated soo much.

And for the answer to the OP is that it doesn´t matter what kind of president or congress you will elect because the enemies already made are to many....you will always suffer from terror and enemies...all you can do is minimize it. But who knows for sure....my guess is sadly very soon.
It is because of our size and wealth that we have ourselves spread throughout the world. Do you honestly think that the average American would not like to sit back and remain unengaged while someone else protected us and our global interest? Europe's current role of pacifist was enabled under America's protection of the Cold war. They have been allowed to get away with minimal chores. Too many do not understand that freedom has a price at times and can not be purchased with appeasement. What I can't understand is with all the comforting Europe gives to itself in telling us the US is full of lies, ignorance, violence, crudeness, naivety, degeneration, and the clumsiness of our pathetic mediocrities. How could the USA have become the most richest, powerful, and advanced country in the world? We have our problems of course, especially in recent years. But understand our role in the world is not always by choice. Don't forget that these are our Brothers, Sisters, Mothers, and Fathers that are away from us and dieing. Governments can lead their people in the wrong direction. But our society has shown us in our short history as a nation that the people are able to make choices, and regain our direction based on our values.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

lowing wrote:

How long do you think it will be, after the election of a democratic president, to the next terrorist attack in the US.

Or do you think once we retreat from Iraq and dissolve the Patriot Act, and put terrorists rights as the leading concern of our nation, that we will all live in peace?

I give it 1.5 years.
Are you Extreme Right wing Republicans/Neocons members of a club?  Do you receive a weekly magazine with BS?  How do you get your brain washed?  Is it free or you pay a fee?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

The US needs to utilize the Particle Cannon on the GLA Arms Dealers if they want any chance at survival.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
The cold war....I beleive european nations did their share of "combat" against the "very damgerous" Russia...but US did the biggest part...becuase europe didn´t feel threatened like the US did as a superpower...it was a cold war for controlling the world and the economy and the US won it.

I can see the resemblance with the current war on terror, war is buisness and earns money...that´s one of the reasons US is always at war and have one of the biggest fighting forces in the world. Fear is good for controlling the masses and keep their minds on other things.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

The cold war....I beleive european nations did their share of "combat" against the "very damgerous" Russia...but US did the biggest part...becuase europe didn´t feel threatened like the US did as a superpower...it was a cold war for controlling the world and the economy and the US won it.

I can see the resemblance with the current war on terror, war is buisness and earns money...that´s one of the reasons US is always at war and have one of the biggest fighting forces in the world. Fear is good for controlling the masses and keep their minds on other things.
How did the cold war earn money? No land was taken and no markets were changed. The Soviet Union never competed with the US economically. The US will never regain the amount of money it has dumped into Iraq. We have a majority in Congress trying to pull the troops out of Iraq.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
War is sometimes also about robbing your own nation....perhaps the US didn´t get rich as a nation...but some companies and persons sure got.....just look at present day discussions about Cheeney and his involvement in Haliburton.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
when will americans wake up to the fact that 9/11 was an inside job and all this talk of having to protect itself from al qaeda is bullshit.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio

JimmyBotswana wrote:

when will americans wake up to the fact that 9/11 was an inside job and all this talk of having to protect itself from al qaeda is bullshit.
Here we go again.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

usmarine2007 wrote:

JimmyBotswana wrote:

Here we go again.
This will help you understand https://i19.tinypic.com/2moqn14.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
That small thing won´t make anyone understand anything...damn junior joint...seems like a nice girl though =P
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

That small thing won´t make anyone understand anything...damn junior joint...seems like a nice girl though =P
Good point..
https://i17.tinypic.com/42wlkyd.jpg  :}
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
Hhahahhhah .....dread out........my record is a 36g joint in the kingdom of haschish.....Marocco....spent 5 days at one of the growers for the King there, 1800 m above sea level.....yeeehaw...but now i´m sober since November last year.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard