FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6526|so randum

trex1210 wrote:

Your A Fuckin Dumb Shit!!! Battle Field 2 Is The Best Fuckin Game Out There!!!
Language young one...plus You Don't Need Capitals For Every Word
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6537|Gold Coast
I agree, but hey, its a game. I lived with 10 FPS for over 6 months playing this game. And look where its got me. First Sergeant.

I too have an upgraded system (but its getting repaired, the motherboard broke or some shit like that), with an E6600, 2GB G.Skill RAM, 8800GTX, etc etc. It took the same amount of time as this old computer, if not longer. I think its just the game or the internet.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6505|Sheffield-England

Longbow wrote:

know anything better on other engine ? I don't . SO stop bitching about how crap bf2 is . Theres nothing better anyways ..
Very well said
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6435|Espoo, Finland

stkhoplite wrote:

Longbow wrote:

know anything better on other engine ? I don't . SO stop bitching about how crap bf2 is . Theres nothing better anyways ..
Very well said
IMO, CS:S is better, I've been playing it quite much lately.
Loading times much faster, no veh-whores, more teamwork, no random CTDs, much better hitreg, better physics...

But most of these BF2's problems are fixed or "tried to fix" in 2142.
1. Loading times much faster.
2 & 3. Not happened to me.
4. Who listens to music while playing? I don't.
5. Much less crashes, still random.
6 & 7. A little better IMO.
jord
+2,382|6704|The North, beyond the wall.
He does make a few points,but it's all been covered before.

The idea of the game of Bf2 is great,with all the variety,if they spent an extra year making it it would be the best game i've ever played.
HavoK.uK
Banned
+6|6286|Bolton
If you dont like the game, why play it?
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6435|Espoo, Finland

jord wrote:

The idea of the game of Bf2 is great,with all the variety,if they spent an extra year making it it would be the best game i've ever played.
Yes, that's what I was thinking.
GodanLiHar
+2|6573

WatchDog wrote:

1. It takes ages to load up the game
Simply TURN OFF your AntiVir before starting the game and then it only takes 30 seconds to load a map/get on server.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6328|Sweden
Seriously, I'm getting sick of all these "omg bf2 sux wtf" threads.

If you don't like the way the game is, then why the bloody fucking hell keep playing??

Sure, there's a few bugs here and there, but I don't see them destroying gameplay.
I like the BF2 engine, I think it's cool.

Nothing is forcing you to play this game, if you don't like it, don't play.

Last edited by Daniel_Blue-Delta (2007-03-10 04:26:18)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6494

Dauntless wrote:

I don't have any of those problems, apart from the last two, but you can put up with those.
QFT...

Try optimizing your comp + settings  and stop whining.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6512|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Because you can't spell! Dose?? WTF is that?
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6608|MANCHESTERRR
Lol, if you dont like it dont play it
tupla_s
+455|6618|Finland

WatchDog wrote:

6. The hit registration is terrible. I empty multiple clips into people from close range sometimes. Also its fun to see people jumping repeatedly around groups of enemy's without them being able to hit them.
That's the only problem I'm having (sometimes), but it's my ISP having bad days. Try optimizing your comp and BF2.

Windows Tweak guide
Bf2 Tweak guide
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6682|The View From The Afternoon

WatchDog wrote:

ii)The login, connecting to account server, takes at least 1.5 minutes.
That's because you have too many servers in your favourites list. Remove them (or at least most) and then it'll only take few seconds to login.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6435|Espoo, Finland

CruZ4dR wrote:

WatchDog wrote:

ii)The login, connecting to account server, takes at least 1.5 minutes.
That's because you have too many servers in your favourites list. Remove them (or at least most) and then it'll only take few seconds to login.
I'll try that. I've got like 200 servers in favs and it really is annoying to connect 2-3 minutes.
zeidmaan
+234|6441|Vienna

BF2 had its ups and downs, but it was enjoyable. But after playing Project Reality for few weeks, BF2 just seems like a childish joke in all possible aspects of the game. From rules of the game (no assault lines, spawn directly on flags, 15 sec respawn time etc) to design of maps (simple, lack of details etc). Project Reality beats all that and its still in development.
But in all its idiocity BF2 and BF2142 still beat every other FPS that I have played (except PR) but only if you play on those 3 servers that dont run 24/7 Wake or ever worse 24/7 IO FF OFF Karkand (Ill rater play doom than that nonsense). And BF2142 is slightly better
Widow_Warrior
+7|6514|SOUTH ENGLAND

Exxorcism wrote:

My guess is that you have a shitty computer, thats all.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6435|Espoo, Finland

Widow_Warrior wrote:

Exxorcism wrote:

My guess is that you have a shitty computer, thats all.
Why are you people guessing? The specs are found in the first post.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6584|Hungary
1. I cleared all the intro movies at the beginning so i just get my login screen when i start it.Login takes me 10 sec or less.

2. I allways check my favorites so i dont need to search for servers if i wanna play a certan map i search for it.

3. CTD's are happening offten like yesterday when i klick "disconnect" or when i select a kit to respawn.Or when i click "join game"

4. Wired problems with AF or EF mostly i get "buy that boosterpack to play this map" or "unmodified contet shit" if i try to connect 2nd time it works fine

5. I get a lot of LAG during the game especially when iget into a jet or chopper can be anoying..you know crashing into something when i get a 10 sec long screen freeze via lag
Anyway i disabled all effects or shadows but its sucks.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6652|Sea to globally-cooled sea

GodanLiHar wrote:

Simply TURN OFF your AntiVir before starting the game and then it only takes 30 seconds to load a map/get on server.
Antivirus is becoming increasingly invasive.  I keep an AV installed but i do not leave it running in the background.  If I suspect a problem i fire up that bad boy and deal with it then.  AV is becoming more like a virus and less like a solution because of how unweildy it can become.

To be honest, I am completely unaware of any of the problems you encounter.  It seems that a lot of you get windows errors when leaving the game.  I haven't heard of this!  Even my old POS PC didn't have that and it was half of everything I run now--decent, not too fancy, $900 custom built.

my condolences if playing this game is so miserable for you.  I, personally, enjoy this game so much that i have not bought a new game since i got this game in 2005.  Granted, i have all 3 expansions, but this is the last game i bought.  oh wait i bought AOE III, but that's just for my wife and me to play on our own time so it doesn't count.

peace

Genius
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6759|Singapore
Upgrade your com?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6647|Gold coast, Aus.

Ayumiz wrote:

Upgrade your com?
The rig he supposedly has shouldn't be behaving like this.

So either its a case of

a) Him exaggerating
b) Him lying about his PC specs
c) Someone ripped him off when he bought his PC somewhere along the line.
Dragonclaw
+186|6331|Florida

HavoK.uK wrote:

If you dont like the game, why play it?
Exactly.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6435|Espoo, Finland

venom6 wrote:

1. I cleared all the intro movies at the beginning so i just get my login screen when i start it.Login takes me 10 sec or less.
Why not just put '+restart 1' in launch options? Much easier, same effect.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6284|Basel, Switzerland
Bf2142 is better than bf2. You should try it lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard