R0lyP0ly
+161|6652|USA
this isnt much of a D&ST thought-provoker, but was too good to be banished into the realm of the junk drawer:

Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete....

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Please keep this going!
Pass this around the World ?
Then pass it around again.
It says it all, for all of us

cheers to the land down under from NC, USA!!

EDIT :: Got this from an email from a family member, this was written by an Australian Dentist.

Last edited by R0lyP0ly (2007-03-08 18:37:13)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA

Cheez wrote:

*sigh*
warmed my heart for a second.
David.P
Banned
+649|6272
Nice. Aussies you rock! One day we gonna rule the World! *Talking under breath*
Of Warcraft...
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Cheez wrote:

*sigh*
warmed my heart for a second.
WEll. the 3 seconds before i read that made me happy.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6489|Menlo Park, CA
Some asshole from Europe or elsewhere will bash this topic as rubbish. . . .

Before they can spew their hate towards the land I love. . . I shall fire a pre-emptive. . . 

FUCK YOU!  Love it our leave it, if you bash it, I shall bash YOU! get off your soapbox

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-03-08 19:07:24)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

fadedsteve wrote:

Before they can spew their hate towards the land I love. . . I shall fire a pre-emptive. . . 

FUCK YOU!  Love it our leave it, if you bash it, I shall bash YOU! get off your soapbox
I'm more leaning towards Ty. Anything he can do to make us Aussies feel bad
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
TuataraDude
+115|6521|Aotearoa

Cheez wrote:

*sigh*
In the end, it doesn't matter who wrote it. It makes several good points. Ironically, telling people who would enforce their views upon others is what they are doing at present. But (in the voice of a 10 year old) "they started it".
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
This thread is going great, keep it up!
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6278

fadedsteve wrote:

Some asshole from Oregon here.

Fuck you right back, pal. I'm here for the duration of my natural life, not going anywhere else anytime soon and definitley not worried about being bashed.

America's not perfect. It's not above reproach and never should be. Screaming at anyone who makes a criticism that they're America-haters is dishonest and plainly dangerous. Our leaders are humans, not gods, and when they fuck up, they need to be called on it. We don't need people fanatically defending them no matter what decisions they make because of some childish notion that America can do no wrong or trying to define for the rest of us what's acceptable criticism. If you want to live in that kind of country, you're the one who needs to leave and find yourself a nice authoritarian state where they brook no dissent and no disagreement with leaders or government policy.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6569|USA

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Some asshole from Oregon here.

Fuck you right back, pal. I'm here for the duration of my natural life, not going anywhere else anytime soon and definitley not worried about being bashed.

America's not perfect. It's not above reproach and never should be. Screaming at anyone who makes a criticism that they're America-haters is dishonest and plainly dangerous. Our leaders are humans, not gods, and when they fuck up, they need to be called on it. We don't need people fanatically defending them no matter what decisions they make because of some childish notion that America can do no wrong or trying to define for the rest of us what's acceptable criticism. If you want to live in that kind of country, you're the one who needs to leave and find yourself a nice authoritarian state where they brook no dissent and no disagreement with leaders or government policy.
i do believe we have an appropriate placement for "owned"
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6620|Gold coast, Aus.
Np?
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

lets just all say i wrote it, im an Aussie and i mayvery well not be a dentist.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560
I'm sorry, but I find this hilariously funny.  It's crap like this that gives Americans a bad reputation.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6491|Connecticut

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm sorry, but I find this hilariously funny.  It's crap like this that gives Americans a bad reputation.
I know. Why a dentist? Should have made it a doctor.
Malloy must go
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
Just a few glaring issues in this smarmy, masturbatory, over-patriotic diatribe. Couldn't resist...

R0lyP0ly wrote:

In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan.
30 million muslims in Afghanistan. 1.5 million muslims in the USA.

R0lyP0ly wrote:

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.
Except that there is a reference to God in the oath of allegiance and 'In God We Trust' is printed on all banknotes.

R0lyP0ly wrote:

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.
There's the God stuff again!! Prosperous? That depends on what you hold dear in life - materialism or living a good life or living somewhere where as many of your fellow men are as content and happy as they possibly can be.

R0lyP0ly wrote:

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.
Oh! So you don't charge any interest or expect any money back on those loans you hand to middle eastern and African countries? My mistake....

R0lyP0ly wrote:

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country! As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.
And for what? So they could take their training and arms and kill 3,000 of your citizens. I think the US needs to learn the values of isolationism. People are willing to shake hands with the devil if it is to their benefit at the time. Receiving guns and training from what they would have regarded as 'The Great Satan' was just a means to a short term end. America shouldn't have been so naive and short-sighted.

R0lyP0ly wrote:

Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.
I thought Cuban cigars and rum were the best in the world? lol

R0lyP0ly wrote:

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.
Haven't you been reading the anti-Mexican rhetoric in your local newspapers lately? Things have changed since 1912....

R0lyP0ly wrote:

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.
Well frankly, I don't see Guantanamo bay as an 'embodiment of the human spirit of freedom'.

PS Stalin and Mao Tse-Tsung never attacked the US....

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-09 02:46:35)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Actually, what I meant is that an American printed something, and then, in all probability, an American claimed it was an Australian.  Then people find out, and decide Americans must be arrogant.

And, personally, I think the mistake wasn't so much making it a dentist as making it Australian: we're (arguably) your closest ally.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Actually, what I meant is that an American printed something, and then, in all probability, an American claimed it was an Australian.  Then people find out, and decide Americans must be arrogant.

And, personally, I think the mistake wasn't so much making it a dentist as making it Australian: we're (arguably) your closest ally.
apparently britan is their closest ally...
EVieira
+105|6477|Lutenblaag, Molvania

fadedsteve wrote:

You just killed the entire message.... way to go, American...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Britain didn't go into Vietnam (or South Korea?), for one.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

Bubbalo wrote:

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Britain didn't go into Vietnam (or South Korea?), for one.
they are just that cool
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560
They've also, y'know, declared war on them.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

fadedsteve wrote:

Off yours first.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6444|Australia.
Don't listen...

Dentists have the highest suicide rate in Australia.

He's probably /wrist by now.
The#1Spot
+105|6538|byah
This is old its already been posted here

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard