Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA

Another delinquint thwarting modern law enforcement. If she lived in New York City, she'd be in jail for a long time. Go Granny!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6534|Global Command
Looks like granny knows her Kush.
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6536|Amherst, MA

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

If she lived in New York City, she'd be in jail for a long time. Go Granny!
If she lived in New York City before 1950, she would just be an old lady with less pain and the right medication...

"We havent moved forward into the 21st century, like the rest of Europe has, or like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Italy, all these countries have deciminalized cannibis and are alllowing people to grow it in their own home."

Edit: I want some of Grannies magical hot coco and scrambeled eggs...

Last edited by LawJik (2007-03-08 09:35:08)

SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6565|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
pffft she smokes the leaf.. after all this time people are still so uneducated it's a FLOWER... they need to add more to the story.. when they found she was still growing how many plants did she have? how much weed was currently in her possesion?  it almost sounded like she had one plant if thats the case then what a waste of time.. i love seeing old folks in court its funny
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6573|Oxford
She had four plants and used it for all her cooking be it casseroles, pasta dishes, whatever. The beauty of England is most police will turn a blind eye to cannabis and it's freely available. The only reason she got her token punishment was because of all the media hype. In the words of Mason4Assassin444, "Go Granny"

Last edited by RicardoBlanco (2007-03-08 10:27:09)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6295|Éire
I really don't get society sometimes, it can be so hypocritical. Why are alcohol and cigarettes legal and cannabis illegal? Look at the damage alcohol does both in terms of violence on the streets and in nightclubs and in terms of health issues such as liver disease and alcoholism and look at cigarettes...horribly bad for your health.

Now take cannabis... you don't get a hangover the way you do with alcohol, it doesn't fill you with the desire to punch anyones head in (you don't hear of too many brawls breaking out as a result of too much cannabis being taken), most research has shown there's little difference in terms of the damage it does when compared with tobacco. On top of that you have research suggesting some of the cannabinoids naturally present in cannabis are more effective at treating certain conditions than those artificially created in laboratories ...why then is it illegal? is it by any chance because big pharmaceutical companies can't copyright a naturally ocurring plant!?

Read the book Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser, a very interesting debate on the subject.

P.S: I am not someone who militantly believes cannabis should be totally freely available as I've seen the bad effects that prolonged or over-use of it can have on some people (there is research out there that suggests people with a certain psychological make-up can exacerbate certain conditions with cannabis use) but adults should be allowed to make their own minds up about certain things. If it were regulated then awareness about it could be raised much more easily and we could finally reap the benefits it evidently has to offer.
BVC
+325|6701
Good on her!!!  I wish all the countries she lists had actually decriminalised weed, tho
JahManRed
wank
+646|6633|IRELAND

My uncle who has been written off by National Health and Private doctors as untreatable gets a hell of allot of relief from alittle weed mixed into his cigs. He had/has massive trauma to his nervous system and is in constant pain. Had most of the nerves in his back, legs and arms severed in a car accident. He takes MS drugs to dissipate the pain into every sensory cell in his body so he can just get through life.
He takes 32 pills a day and they do shit. He works heavy machinery so insists on only smoking at night The 32 pills don't seam to bother him?? He gets a few hours relief in the evening now.
I am going tonight to pick him up some High THC content weed my friends grow tonight, for him.
Go Grass Granny Go!!!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473
I think it should only be legal if prescribed. If used under a doctor's supervision it can help releive intese pain, but if it is not, it is just used by everyone then everyone be high all the time and when people are high, they are stupid and stupidity is a very bad thing.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I think it should only be legal if prescribed. If used under a doctor's supervision it can help releive intese pain, but if it is not, it is just used by everyone then everyone be high all the time and when people are high, they are stupid and stupidity is a very bad thing.
In that logic, Vicodin and Percoset (SP?) abuse is even more dangerous. Little Billy just pulls that out of Moms medicine cabinet.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

No they aren't.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6657
There is not a damn thing wrong with smoking weed, right along with drinking alcohal. You just got to be responsible with it. Dont do the shit when you got to drive somewhere, or operate a piece of heavy machinery.

Except when your spawn raping in bf2. once you get to your spot and sit you can get as fucked up as you want because all you gotta do is move the turret and the splash damage takes care of the rest. lol....
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

Braddock wrote:

Read the book Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser, a very interesting debate on the subject.

P.S: I am not someone who militantly believes cannabis should be totally freely available as I've seen the bad effects that prolonged or over-use of it can have on some people (there is research out there that suggests people with a certain psychological make-up can exacerbate certain conditions with cannabis use) but adults should be allowed to make their own minds up about certain things. If it were regulated then awareness about it could be raised much more easily and we could finally reap the benefits it evidently has to offer.
Actually Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser is not really a debate for the legalization of marijuana.  It exposes the black market effects, and a little more but really doesn't offer factual debate for or against.

That being said, I agree with your post script 100%.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me.  Get some cash together and bribe some politicians into legalizing marijuana use (and tax the hell out of it).

edit:

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

There is not a damn thing wrong with smoking weed, right along with drinking alcohal. You just got to be responsible with it. Dont do the shit when you got to drive somewhere, or operate a piece of heavy machinery.
Like getting a DUI on a rideable lawnmower?

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-03-08 14:06:28)

Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6657

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

edit:

LOL. If i didnt take out 2 mailboxes infront of a cop i woulda been fine.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6473

ghettoperson wrote:

No they aren't.
Well it has been proven that when you are high on cannabis related narcotics you suffer from impared judgement, sort-term memory loss, loss of attention, and a lack of ability to take in information. Is that not being stupid?

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2007-03-08 14:28:50)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

ghettoperson wrote:

No they aren't.
Well it has been proven that when you are high on cannabis related narcotics you suffer from impared judgement, sort-term memory loss, loss of attention, and a lack of ability to take in information. Is that not being stupid?
Well, I smoked pot throughout college (and still do everyday) and graduated near the top of my class at a pretty tough university.  How is that stupid?

The point being, its all about situational awareness.  When I went skydiving, I didn't smoke, because I didn't feel it was a good choice.  When I need to get critical work done at work, I don't puff.  When I am about to play BF2, you bet your ass I'm going to smoke a doobie right before I play.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6657

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Actually Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser is not really a debate for the legalization of marijuana.  It exposes the black market effects, and a little more but really doesn't offer factual debate for or against.

That being said, I agree with your post script 100%.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me.  Get some cash together and bribe some politicians into legalizing marijuana use (and tax the hell out of it).

edit:

The main problem on why the government wont leagalize it is because the government cant control it and tax it because its so easy to grow. I know if it was leagalized i would never buy it again.

So the governments childish additude in this whole deal is "well since we cant make money off of it, then you cant have it" and thats bullshit in my book.

Oh well, nothin wrong with the good ol' boy network.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2007-03-08 14:34:16)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

ghettoperson wrote:

No they aren't.
And that is different to having a glass of beer how?
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6523|USA
as i do not support drugs, there are always exceptions.
PluggedValve
+17|6345

R U high??  Cause the stupid level just went up.  Does alchohol NOT make ppl stupid??  Should the doctor perscribe me a bottle of booze also??
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6473

ghettoperson wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

No they aren't.
And that is different to having a glass of beer how?
It isn't. The problem though is we already know that if we ban beer it will cause a surge in organised crime. The prohabition failed because alchol was already in very high demand, cannabis drugs are in a much lower demand so keeping them banned will not cause such a massive rise in organised crime. If it were unbanned, and everyone starts doing it then banned again organised crime will skyrocket. That is why it is best kept banned.
Fen321
+54|6503|Singularity
Can you refer me to any sort of statics somewhere because to be honest i find the low usage argument to be unfounded.

Organized crime evolves out of banning the usage of a particular substance, which the public is demanding. I can take a look at the statistics in countries in Europe that have decriminalized Marijuana and guess what....the number of people using it didn't SKYROCKET. And if it does skyrocket is that not an indicator of demand hence the black market dilemma??

To be honest i don't see where the US government can derive its power to regulate the consumption of a substance outside of placing taxes on it.

Marijuana is already the third most popular recreational drug in America, despite harsh laws against its use. Millions of Americans smoke it responsibly. Our public policies should reflect this reality, not deny it. --NORML
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6565|Canaduhhh.. West Toast

It isn't. The problem though is we already know that if we ban beer it will cause a surge in organised crime. The prohabition failed because alchol was already in very high demand, cannabis drugs are in a much lower demand so keeping them banned will not cause such a massive rise in organised crime. If it were unbanned, and everyone starts doing it then banned again organised crime will skyrocket. That is why it is best kept banned.
you cant be serious.. organized and unorganized crime thrive off the the marijuanna industry.. lets see a pound of weed costs (roughly and in Canadian dollar) $1600 and up a pound.. a decent grower will get about 1.5 to 2 pounds per bulb... and you can stick a grow anywhere 20 bulbs in a residential house or get a barn and stuff it.. your bankin big cash and you dont think organized crime has their hands in that cookie jar????

edit:  dont confuse my statement with wanting it legalized.. i want decrimilization not legalization

Last edited by SuperSlowYo (2007-03-08 16:25:49)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6555|CH/BR - in UK

Meh. I am against cannabis and it's usage. It damages you and gets you addicted. What annoys me, however, is not that she used it for her own cooking. That's fine with me, she can do whatever she likes to herself. When she, however, did the media thing, where she went out into the open to advertise it, she was, in my opinion, going to far, and deserves far more than 250 social hours for that. Be that as it may, seeing as she is an elderly woman, she can get away with it for some reason. Hypocritical society once again going against it's own laws.

edit:
To add on to the above: even if this were legalized, and crime would stop in terms of cannabis, it would simply be replaced by another illegal substance, thus bringing in a new branch to organized and unorganized crime. It's a losing battle, but sometimes you just have to fight anyway.

-konfusion

Last edited by Konfusion0 (2007-03-08 16:16:20)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6473

SuperSlowYo wrote:

you cant be serious.. organized and unorganized crime thrive off the the marijuanna industry.. lets see a pound of weed costs (roughly and in Canadian dollar) $1600 and up a pound.. a decent grower will get about 1.5 to 2 pounds per bulb... and you can stick a grow anywhere 20 bulbs in a residential house or get a barn and stuff it.. your bankin big cash and you dont think organized crime has their hands in that cookie jar????

edit:  dont confuse my statement with wanting it legalized.. i want decrimilization not legalization
I wasn't saying that organized crime does not make money off of cannabis products but I was using the organised crime surge of the 1920s as an example of why we should keep alcohol legal and cannabis illegal. I am not attacking you, but I was posting in context of previous posts that I, I am not dumb I know organised crime makes alot of money off of cannabis products.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard