Pineapple_Pez
+2|6744
I just had the WORST BF2 experience I have ever had.  Be prepared for a LONG rant.

Where do I begin.  I decided to go for my Vet Sniper badge...should be no problem right?  Wrong.  I join a Mastuur City map and the round ended very quickly.  The new round started, im on the USMC team.  I hop in a humvee, get a full load of passengers and drive off.  Along comes bertel007 to ruin my day.  He jumped onto my full humvee trying to get a ride and dies as he bounces off the moving vehicle.  BAM...Teamkill.  I throw out every insult in the book because I start out on a bad foot.  about 10 minutes after my last swear word is typed I get banned for bad language. 
Now I join a new server, with Mashtuur as the map.  Im put on the MEC team, and even though about 100 tickets are left, no bases are available and I get another loss without even spawning. 
I leave the server after another round of being tank whored on a terrible team.

My brother hops onto Xfire and we join a new server together.  We play Karkand as the USMC.   I happen to get the worst kind of commander ever-the kind that spots EVERYTHING.  I tell him to shut up, he replies "dont worry about it, I spot everything."  I hate this because it its so annoying.  Another teammate is a medic whore and kept shooting teammates a little bit in order to get healing points.  A bit later I tossed a grenade and 4 TEAMMATES RAN INTO THE BLAST RADIUS OF MY GRENADE so that the medic could revive and heal them.  I was down to -14 points.
I switched teams because of this and found that the MEC commander also SPOTTED EVERYTHING AHHHHH!  Anyway, I had placed 2 claymores in an alley because an enemy was chasing me.  I killed him with the first claymore, but along comes a teammate towards the second claymore.  I was throwing grenades at the claymore to blow it up.  My teammate stopped, thankfully, and looked at the claymore.  Funny cuz the grenades never blew up the claymore.  My teammate must have grow tired of waiting to get to the other side of the alley and ran past the claymore.  THe claymore blew him up AND HE PUNISHED ME!!!   WHAT KIND OF A FUCKER DOES THAT?  HE CLEARLY saw the claymore, yet he still ran past it and had the nerve to punish me.  OMFG I CANT STAND THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent what seems like 2 hours trying to get the damn Vet Sniper badge.  I believe I only needed 15 kills and one and a half hours more time to do so, correct me if Im wrong.  I can go on more about what went wrong, but this is too long already.   Long story short: Worst BF2 experience ever.

So...whats yours.

Last edited by Pineapple_Pez (2005-12-04 20:32:59)

TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6724|New Hampshire
I think mine was when I was in this Kark server, and this guy was tryin to get his vet sniper badge...and the stupid bastard threw down a claymore and i had NO idea how to get around it...and, well, I ran in front of it and the damn thing killed me!  This guy was obviously a dufus, so I punished him.  Yea, I punished him.  And I'd do it again if I could!

Just playin man - if it helps, just try to armor whore for that badge on a kark server...it goes quickly and you can get back to playing kits that aren't so boring.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6755|NH - USA
Sounds like a lovely time. What where you drinking? (Nothing? Then start! lol)

I find it much less stressfull not being concerned about badges and TK deductions, etc. Just go on and have fun and the rest will fall into place. If crap starts hitting the fan Im off to the next server...."Next".

But I know what you mean, every time I try to get serious and get a medal or something I get rammed one way or another.
philbymaris
+0|6735|Brissvegas AUST
Mate try going for the expert sniper, i did it with 2 tickets left, its bullshit hard

go sharqi pennisula, i find that there are soooooo many good sniper holes, i usually get 15-20 before i get arty raining down on me, and then for some reason after i died i find it hard to get another spot unseen, thats the only problem
philbymaris
+0|6735|Brissvegas AUST
And i complete;y agree, i love using claymore they are a deviates dream, but fuck they are a TK magnet and people love to Punish you for their stupidity, i just give them a fuck load of abuse, and type alot of obsenities... i dont even lay claymores in high traffic areas, only near my position usully near a ladder that i climbed but peoples GROW A BRAIN AND ACCEPT RESPOSIBILITY FOR YOUR OUR ACTIONS FOR FUCK SAKE...

enough said
IC_Draconis
+9|6718
I know how you feel Pineapple_Pez;)

I only lay Claymores when I'm deep behind enemy lines....and I always make sure I'm not a squad leader by that time....they spawn on you and immidiately they run for the Claymore...like it'd be some kind of power-up.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6724|New Hampshire
Oh, and another thing - if you're going to be using claymores, don't be in a squad.  I find playing lone wolf as sniper is advantageous because your team (or squad) generally don't have you showing up bright as day in green letters on their hud.  This way they won't be inclined to come and run over your claymores.  Another tip for claymores would be is to find an enemy spawn your team isn't near taking, and put claymores down right where people spawn.  That way - spawn - bang - ahhhh!  Hope I helped...
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6838
My worst experiance is being on a server that I got autobalanced onto a very crappy MEC team in Kirkand.  The USMC had no intentions of capturing the last spawn point.  They were very content with just spawn camping for the round.  I died so many times just trying to run away.  I left before the round even ended.
kranky
+1|6793|uk
ppl who punish ppl are fucking retards and are probaly littel shits who have no respect
Sud
+0|6747
I happen to get the worst kind of commander ever-the kind that spots EVERYTHING.
Where I come from, we consider that the best kind of commander
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6752|Leipzig/Germany
2 things (one has already been said)
- dont try to get your vet or expert sniper badge with hand weapons - although it is possible (at least the vet) it can take a long time - instead get into a plane (if u r able to fly) or in a tank - 15 kills in a tank in karkand in a tank or 15 kills in wake with a plane is a joke

- if you join a server and u don't spawn you won't get a loss (if your team looses)
kranky
+1|6793|uk
i think if some 1 runs over your claymore or mines u should get 2 punish them cos they know skull and bones might mean death even when i in a jeep and i see skull on the floor i will get out to look if they are c4 or mines and if i see a clymore go a dif way all fucking punish junkies
warco3
+1|6729|Orlando, FL
A commander who spots everything is a moron. Use the UAV FFS! Now stuff OUT OF THE UAV RADIUS, thats actually IMPORTANT like a TANK going for an UNDEFENDED OUTPOST, that's fine. Otherwise SHUT UP and spot only what's necessary. As far as worst BF experiences, I've had my fair share. Every now and then I have a really bad round or my team just sucks ass. But the WORST thing ever is dealing with childish, stupid admins that kick people just because they are owning. Freakin GROW UP YOU LOSERS. TAKE YOUR SERVER AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS YOU LITTLE $HITS! I have a list of several servers I stay away from because of this crap. BURN IN HELL YOU BASTARDS! Have a nice day
chitlin
Banned
+36|6763
alot of times the claymore warning comes when youre very close to it .. and when youre going down stairs theres no way for you to stop before you run into it ...
Sud
+0|6747
Now stuff OUT OF THE UAV RADIUS, thats actually IMPORTANT
I was referring to anything that poses a threat outside UAV. Snipers, anything proximal to troops that they can't see, etc. Why would anyone spot stuff inside a UAV?

Given the choice between a commander who spots LITERALLY everything and one who spots nothing, I'll take the one that spots everything with no complaints.
Jodah3
+1|6739

VirtuaLResistancE wrote:

I find it much less stressfull not being concerned about badges and TK deductions, etc. Just go on and have fun and the rest will fall into place. If crap starts hitting the fan Im off to the next server...."Next".
This is the best piece of advice.  Don't worry so much about the crap that happens and if others on the server are being idiots then just move on.  A couple of days ago I was having a decent game in the Linebacker and the next thing I know I get the Air Defense ribbon.  It's a nice surprise when things like that fall into place.

Also, I happen to like a commander that spots everything.  I have the voiceovers turned down so that doesn't bug me, but seeing everything blinking on the radar is much better than seeing nothing and really helps the team out.
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6744
Yeah, it was a bad day.  Everything that could have gone wrong did...no joke, I could point out several more instances.  I did haooen to put the claymores down in a high traffic area, but I attempted to blow up the remaining claymore with 4 grenades, but none of them blew up the claymore...and then shitface comes along and runs into after he CLEARLY saw it sitting there.  Its not like he didnt see it, I know he saw it.
This commander actually was spotting everything, even inside the UAV.  Spotting s useful for some lonewolves and if someone is sneaking up on a teammate, but I hate it when it is overused because it makes me lose my concentration.
I also was in a squad while sniping, but only with my brother who is awesome at this game, even more awesome than me
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6731|Peoria, Illinois

kranky wrote:

i think if some 1 runs over your claymore or mines u should get 2 punish them cos they know skull and bones might mean death even when i in a jeep and i see skull on the floor i will get out to look if they are c4 or mines and if i see a clymore go a dif way all fucking punish junkies
How about when I'm running from a tank and have no where to go except over your claymore?
How about when I have my hud turned off because I can't see where I'm being shot from with all of the flags, med packs, ammo bags, and the enormous ranks above people's heads in my way?
How about when I jump over a low wall running from a low flying chopper and keeping my eye on him rather than the ground?
How about when I spawn on a squad leader who has stopped before hitting the claymore, yet I spawn too close to it?

Claymores are not intended to get you your ordiance badge. They are not intended to defend a flag. They are not intended to kill transport drivers that drive over it. They are not intended as a primary weapon whatsoever. For God's sake, claymores are to protect your ass when you are using your scope. THAT"S IT! If you leave your sniping area, toss a grenade at your claymores so a teammate doesn't hit it.

If I walk over your claymore, I will punish you. I do not walk near snipers and I always check the tops of ladders. If I hit your claymore it's because you used it in an improper manner in which it makes my game difficult.
Chard_Wreck
+0|6733

M1-Lightning wrote:

kranky wrote:

How about when I'm running from a tank and have no where to go except over your claymore?
How about when I have my hud turned off because I can't see where I'm being shot from with all of the flags, med packs, ammo bags, and the enormous ranks above people's heads in my way?
How about when I jump over a low wall running from a low flying chopper and keeping my eye on him rather than the ground?
How about when I spawn on a squad leader who has stopped before hitting the claymore, yet I spawn too close to it?

Claymores are not intended to get you your ordiance badge. They are not intended to defend a flag. They are not intended to kill transport drivers that drive over it. They are not intended as a primary weapon whatsoever. For God's sake, claymores are to protect your ass when you are using your scope. THAT"S IT! If you leave your sniping area, toss a grenade at your claymores so a teammate doesn't hit it.

If I walk over your claymore, I will punish you. I do not walk near snipers and I always check the tops of ladders. If I hit your claymore it's because you used it in an improper manner in which it makes my game difficult.
TK punishing is for one thing and one thing only. For deliberate tk'ing. Not because you found yourself in a bad situation and lept on someones claymore, not because your not paying attention to your warning icon that doesn't require you to be looking at the ground, and especially not because you turned your hud off for some strange reason.
Sud
+0|6747
Deliberate TKers don't care if you "punish" them, they're going to do it anyways, so that blows that theroy out of the water.

I see it more as a tool to be there as a deterrant and a punishment for stupidity. It's a wonderful device for making people THINK before they throw that hand grenade. Accidents can happen, but as in real life, if it's an accident brought on by gross negligence, you deserve the punishment.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6734|cairns australia
tried turning the commander off you can mute him?
OUROBOROS
+0|6758

M1-Lightning wrote:

thats a bad statement. theres always another route you can hide behind. if youre out in the open then its youre fault for being there, and being "the open" you have EVERY OTHER direction to run. there is also the fact that you can jump over the claymore. you just need the right angle. claymore are not definate kills. you can alway stop and let the tank shoot. with a little dodging you could get it to hit the claymore and your scott free. dodgeing is not guaranteed but its possible. you can jump over claymore without dying if you know how.
and if you said  you had nowhere to go then YOU had to choose. die by the tank or die by the claymore. obviously you made the choice and have no right to claim it was a rightful punish.

M1-Lightning wrote:

no one says you have to leave it off. no one say you need to turn it off at all. thats your choice not they guy who dropped the claymore. you getting hit by one is youre fault whether its a teammates or your enemy's, you didnt check. the fact is thats why theres a hud option to help you. youll hit it regardless but you cant do anything about it if its an enemy claymore. dont punish because youre mad at your own fault. if you couldnt avoid it that that means it was superbly placed. thats why the crossbones can been seen though walls.

M1-Lightning wrote:

does it matter. youre not keeping an eye out. what does it matter if its a team claymore. it could be a guy standing there waiting for a knife for 2 minutes. but how would you know. youre not keeping an eye out. if i see a heli\tank\anything when i turn and run i doent make them magically disappear. they will still be behind me going in the general direction they were going a moment ago whether im looking at them or not. my problem would be not seeing where i would have been going if i wasnt looking and gettign my self killed.

M1-Lightning wrote:

shit happens, its nobody's fault. if you want to blame someone blame Dice. your squad leader stopped. what did you want him to do? run into it and die instead? what if you spawned and didnt die. but then you moved into it? whose fault is it then? is it the squadleader's cuz he didnt warn you? maybe he tried to but you already walked into it and there no need to warn anybody because the problem was neutalized by you.

M1-Lightning wrote:

Claymores are not intended to get you your ordiance badge.
funny how they are ordinance. and you can get badges.

M1-Lightning wrote:

They are not intended to defend a flag. They are not intended to kill transport drivers that drive over it. They are not intended as a primary weapon whatsoever. For God's sake, claymores are to protect your ass when you are using your scope. THAT"S IT! If you leave your sniping area, toss a grenade at your claymores so a teammate doesn't hit it.
claymore are for defence just as AT mines and c4. they are using them correctly. maybe theyre sniping from the base. it shouldnt matter, cuz theres a warning on them. if they were place in the middle of nowhere then i woudl agree with you. but by looking at where the placement of the crossbones you can usually deduce what kind of weapon is sitting there.  all it take is a pair of claymore/mine/c4 at a base to defend it. ive seen many of people prevent a capture with them. they should be proud. if you spawn at low conflict base you shoudlnt be too preoccupied by anything to not watch out for such. if you set one off you should be mad at yourself for destroying something meant to defend a base so you can concentrate on other matters. setting claymores at the flag youre capturing works too, its a good tactic. you just have to nade them before you go. sometimes people just so zealous to spawn there that they hit it before you get a change to drop them. thats is no reason to punish. at least they went to capture. if they didtn then you probably wouldnt even have that base to spawn from.

M1-Lightning wrote:

you shouldnt need to check ladders. the warning is supposed to be there already. its not about you, deal with it. claymores deny access. go the other way. if it works on you it work on the enemies. thats a bonus for everyone else on the team. if youre destroying a snipers/base/whatever's defence and then punishing for it then youre making the game more difficult for the team. snipers will not set down claymores in good places. nothing will stop a squad from rushing your back base(which is how most games are lost).

you gotta look at the bigger picture. its not just about you. i punish all the time. you cant forgive blatent stupidity. but i forgive for everythign else. sometime shit happens. sometime you rush someone but theres already a nade. sometime you rush  4 idiots looking the other way and get c4'd. well if you saw idiots waiting to get ownd someone else saw it too. if you and an enemy are 2 feet away from each other unloading whole clips and no one dies until a teammate ends up shooting both of you. its your fault for not dropping the enemy in the first place. shit happens. just let it go. it was a bad situaltion.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON
I have never punished anyone playing since June with the exception of about 9 instances where I was being shot at for attempting to get into a plane, I just M95 them out of the seat.  And yeah, they punish me, I don't care because in the end I end up with the gold and they end up on the bottom of the list.

In other words, I am the only player in BF2 that forgives because it's very rare to find people INTENTIONALLY trying to TK you.  I even forgive stupidity (such as putting claymores in our own spawn points) because everyone has to start somewhere.

If someone punishes me for walking into my claymore, I still don't care.  I end up in the Top 3 irregardless of their futile attempt to remove me from there.

So basically what I'm saying is, everyone (except for me) are finger itchy punishers (I don't care if you punish for stupidity, it was NOT intentional and they didn't deserve it).  But, you purchased the game with your hard-earned bucks (I purchased it with my easy-earned bucks) so do whatever you want, in the end... I win.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard