Drexel
+43|6481|Philadelphia
Has anyone ever noticed that close to all of the populated servers running are 24/7 maps?  I know why most of these are, because everyone likes wake/kark/jalaly/dragon because of the vehicles and high (er) points.  I have no issues with people entering them, but I for one will never join one.  I can't stand doing the same thing in the same map more than 3 times in a row.

I'm lucky that I have a very active group of guys that I play with who are willing to get our server up and running right away.  All maps, 2 rounds each with a team-swich every round.  I notice that once we get it up, it fills really quickly.  I'm just wondering if the reason why is because we are one of the rare servers out there now.  I'm sure there are many players out there like me, who get bored with a map quickly and instead of unloading the server and finding another 24/7 map would rather just join a server that's on a rotation.
TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6678
I play 24/7 servers a lot but I also love playing on all maps, and often have more fun doing so. What is your server info? I'd love to hop on sometime!
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6407|dm_maidenhead
I like 24/7 servers because I don't have to wait like 5 mins to load every other round.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6563|Hungary
Some players only love 1 map and they wanna play that only.
And what about Zatar,Cleansweep,Daquing,Fushe,Songhua ? We had it in the cycle and a 16 slot server (full) went empty when it came to Cleansweep or Zatar.Especially i hate Karkand and i try to avoid playing it.
Sharqi is much better or some SF maps !

Our server runs 24/7 Wake like the other 40% of the servers but we also got Kark,Dalian,Jalala,Sharqi added so u can vote to play them.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6600|Toronto-Canada

petermassingale wrote:

I like 24/7 servers because I don't have to wait like 5 mins to load every other round.
this is the most reason i play on 24/7 server maps, either kark/oman/sharqi/
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6589|England

lxcpikiman wrote:

petermassingale wrote:

24/7 Oman FTW.
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6516

petermassingale wrote:

spuddy1981
+10|6367|england
I think there should be a fixed limit to the amount of times the same map can be played back to back.  Make people have some change. 
I tend to use the play now button to save picking what map am playing on but moset servers use the same maps so doesnt work very well.

Any 1 elso use play now??
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6497|Land of Cotton
I agree about the load time. Although it has been much better with 1.5 GB Ram and a new vid card, I'm still impatient. This was real bad during the whole 1.3 CTD phase. As for the maps, I am flexible. I prefer some over others. Some of the 64 players maps go so quick, I can't build any momentum up in the round. THe 24/7 servers help for continuity and practicing. Unless you go up against a coordinated clan. Then watch out! And that's my 2 cents.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6463|behind my rifle
hit up devils brigade 24/7 al basra for PR, i thinks thats the name. constant crew of people. great matches
Ryan
+1,230|6848|Alberta, Canada

lxcpikiman wrote:

petermassingale wrote:

I used to do that with my old computer. Now it takes like 30-60 seconds to load a map. Get some more ram, and it'll load much faster.
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6536|Amherst, MA

Ranked public servers, in the US, with "24/7" in the server name.
Drexel
+43|6481|Philadelphia

TechGuy wrote:

I play 24/7 servers a lot but I also love playing on all maps, and often have more fun doing so. What is your server info? I'd love to hop on sometime!
Server name is "=WFC= Mostly city maps RANKED"  We run a city map every 2 or three maps so those who love them might stay through the Zatar rounds.  IP is 66.148.74.12  regular port.

Granted it may not be up every time you're searching, if we're taking over some other clan's server ours might be empty 

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … ype=server
Fearmesnipers
+41|6450|Wales
the big draw is the no loading. If it switches every two rounds i wont join. 5 rounds a map is min for me.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6683|In You Endo- Stoke
I do enjoy 24/7 servers i spent most of my time on Dragon valley 24/7 or jahalabad 24/7 IO.

I don't mind playing other maps and i' not fussed about the map changing just prefer some maps to others.
The only map i dislike is songua or zatar wetlands i am happy to play any other map.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6630|Quebec city, Canada
The only 24/7 server I like is addicted-2-games 24/7 ghost town... and I even prefer a "normal" server than this one..

My dream would be to have a 30-44 players sf server than runs every map with no auto balance. Karma points for people that find me that. And the server has to be in north america so I can get a decent ping.

However ill take a look at your server, drexel, it sounds awesome .

edit :

Drexel wrote:

Granted it may not be up every time you're searching, if we're taking over some other clan's server ours might be empty 

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … ype=server
wow, you guys have money !

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-03-08 10:51:22)

Mad Ad
+178|6515|England, UK

Drexel wrote:

Has anyone ever noticed that close to all of the populated servers running are 24/7 maps?
Urm.........no

LawJik wrote:

Ranked public servers, in the US, with "24/7" in the server name.
There u go, from LawJiks link it says "Total Players/Max: 2,463 / 13,523 (18.21%)"

So only 18% of players are playing on a server with 24/7 in its name.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6570|England

I play on 24/7:
- Daqing
- Zatar
- Cleansweep
- FuShe
- Road Rage
- Gator
- Dragon

(mostly TV2)

Where else do you find servers running THOSE maps?
As well as 24/7 EF maps and AF maps.

I just wish there was a 24/7 Songhua.

Last edited by Snake (2007-03-08 11:10:59)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6353|Belfast
Snake...
how the hell can u play TV2
1. they kick for pings at around 150= fail
2. u cant stay connected that long= fail

last time i tried it CTD
TV2 sucks

Last edited by henno13 (2007-03-08 12:35:07)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6635|Washington, DC

petermassingale wrote:

I know that not everyone has lots of cash to spend, but seriously get with the times! My computer's got some rather old stuff compared to current options and I only take a minute tops to load a map in BF2. Get more RAM, get a new hard drive, and defrag every week.
PluggedValve
+17|6345
Ya, some ppl use crap cpu's.  My buddy will join same time as me and wont get "in" the server till the round is over.  So for him if it switches every 2 rounds it sucks cuz hes idle 50% of the time.

Me personally, I hate 24/7, gets boring hiding in the same nooks and crannies.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

there is a reason they are called load times.

It means take a bong load in between.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard