Green Jello
+47|6652|Reno, NV
I contacted our server company about what needed to be done to run Northern Strike on our server when it comes out. They said nothing needs to be done. The maps were included in the 1.2 patch. So after Thursday we can just add NS maps into the rotation.

Is this right?

When I look in 2142CC, I don't see the maps listed. Is there something they have to do?
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6435|Norway | Unkown
No, the maps are only included in NS and not the patch.. If it had been included in the 1.2 patch there whould have been server (unranked maybe) with those maps.

edit.. you need the own NS to be able to get the NS maps..

Last edited by PhaxeNor (2007-03-07 10:48:57)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6756

PhaxeNor is right, your server provider needs to install Northern Strike on the server. Patch 1.20 was only to make the game compatible with the new unlocks, but NS only maps/vehicles need to be installed.

The new 10 unlocks were in the 1.20 patch, but not the remaining NS content.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6636|UCF
On a somewhat similar note, are Maps in NS like that of Armored Fury and the other one, where there will be a small minority of servers running NS and then the other servers remain the same; or will people without NS be able to play on servers with NS maps included in the rotation but those w/o NS installed can't use the new additions?
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6752|Germany, near Koblenz
The three new maps may be included in a map rotation in any mix with the vanilla maps and players who don't have NS installed will just be kicked when a NS map has to be loaded.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-03-07 12:01:53)

PhaxeNor
As DerGraueWolf said..

It's just like in BF2, you will be able to play on the server but will be kicked when a map you don't have is loading.
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6742|England
I see the maps on my bf2142cc. Wont be able to do with them much at the moment though lol.
DJStoney69
+4|6555|New Jersey
They were added with the patch. They are shown in the CC.
PhaxeNor

DJStoney69 wrote:

They were added with the patch. They are shown in the CC.
Server Providers that are going to host NS server got those maps... And they were not added in the patch.
The server providers got their own version of update than we normaly do. They got the maps from there and not the patch for the reason that then we would have seen those maps...
Icleos
+101|6762
Are you assuming that bfcc is the same as the game client?
If you are then you assumed wrong. They're not the same thing.

Go into the game client and look at where the maps are located to be called up by the server.
You will not see any NS maps there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard