Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6285|Outside your Back window
Who do you believe in and why? I once read a book called 1984 and a quote from that (not word for word) was something like

'God is an invention by the government to keep the people in order, making them think that their actions on this planet will have an effect on their life after death'

That was basically what the quote was saying and thinking about it, it really makes me think. Alot of people keep in line because they feel that their actions will determine what happens when they die, what better way to control this than to put in place a God.

People need a leader, someone to worship, someone to help them in their time of need and a God is what they have. My question is, is that is it debatable that God is just an invention of government, Kings, Pharoahs ect.?

Personally my God is mother nature, Nature made us, kills us and no matter what humans do they will never stop nature. Nature controlls our lives even though we do not realise it.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6485|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
TITS!!! are my god
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6681|Everett, WA, US
If you live in the United States, then it is almost certainly the almighty dollar.  Especially if your affiliated with any church.  The leaders of religeons have much better cars than the followers.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio
Jenna Jameson
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6538|Milkystania, yurop
None of your business...............
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6347|Oregon
music
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6307|ohio,USA

Magpie wrote:

None of your business...............
really
Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California
God is whatever controls your thought, actions, and guides your moral compass. For some it's money, a career, alcohol. Anything that guides you along the highway of life.

For some it's Christ, Buddha, Allah, sometimes people worship their ancestors.

I follow Christ. I was raised in a household that never went to church, and never stressed religion upon me. I found my God my way. The right way.

Others may disagree, but hey, that's your choice. Whoever, or whatever you choose to call God, God bless ya.
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6598|Sweden
Me.
topal63
. . .
+533|6729

Erkut.hv wrote:

God is whatever controls your thought, actions, and guides your moral compass. For some it's money, a career, alcohol. Anything that guides you along the highway of life.

For some it's Christ, Buddha, Allah, sometimes people worship their ancestors.

I follow Christ. I was raised in a household that never went to church, and never stressed religion upon me. I found my God my way. The right way.

Others may disagree, but hey, that's your choice. Whoever, or whatever you choose to call God, God bless ya.
No it is not, God is an unknown, it is placeholder, a namesake that defines nothing other than the mystery of being (the mystery surrounding the source of all things; it is a mystery; not a known thing and probably is utterly unknowable).

And, Buddha Bless you.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6791|Great Brown North
Mr. Binky

the all knowing half leprechaun half lawn gnome that lives in my closet
Th3PredatoR
Taking smurfs to school since 2005™
+11|6462
Jebus.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6644|USA
I beleive that there is some greater force out there. I also beleive that the power for ones destiny lies within oneself. God, is the ultimate scapegoat and should be purpose for doing good, not taking the blame.

O, and i am god.
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6400|USA, MICHIGAN
not gonna touch this one with a 10 ft. pole.
topal63
. . .
+533|6729

hate&discontent wrote:

not gonna touch this one with a 10 ft. pole.
What about a 12 foot pole?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567
I'm partial to the old Celtic deity Lug. The Norse pantheon of Gods is pretty cool too. They really lend my life a deep sense of purpose and I'll die happy knowing that my place in Valhalla is assured. I think Zeus shades it over the whole Judaeo-Christian-Islamic god so if I was forced to abandon my northern european beliefs I'd adopt him as my god. I just find his existence so much more plausible.

/ sarcasm - petty jibe at religions who peddle the whole 'afterlife' myth as their selling point...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-07 09:43:11)

Velker
Accused aimbot user
+31|6285|Ohio
I believe in God as Christianity would depict Him. While I was raised in a Christian home I came to make my faith my own in my late teens and became able to explain why I believed what I believe. It is a matter of faith on the most part, yes, but I also believe it because of the experiences that I have had in my own life. Answer to prayer is a part of that. About 2 years ago my dad's health was failing him and it was doing it fast. He downplays it now, but I seriously thought that he might die from complications with his heart; I even had a dream that he died one time (scared the crap out of me). I prayed for God to heal him of his condition and restore him to health. About a week after praying that prayer my dad met up with his doctor to find out just how he was doing in his condition. The doctor informed him that his blood pressure was miraculously back to a healthy state, something that doesn't just happen with medication because it stayed that way long after that particular checkup. Prior to that his blood pressure had been so high that one time a blood vessel burst in his nose and wouldn't stop bleeding; I had to take him to the hospital just so they could stop it. Anyways, I know that God exists because of the situations that He has helped me through and the joy that I have in my own life in knowing Him by having a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ. I don't pretend to believe that God will answer all prayers, but He does hear them. They have to be in accordance will His will, and for whatever reason my dad still had/has a purpose to fulfill on this earth. I know at least one guy will probably try to rip me for the statements that I've made but its all real to me.......very real.

Last edited by Velker (2007-03-07 09:42:08)

stef10
+173|6493|Denmark
God

And no, I am not Jewish.

Christianity has the same god.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567

stef10 wrote:

God

And no, I am not Jewish.

And so does Islam.
stef10
+173|6493|Denmark

CameronPoe wrote:

stef10 wrote:

God

And no, I am not Jewish.

And so does Islam.
I do not think so.

Better read a bit more religion.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker

CameronPoe wrote:

stef10 wrote:

God

And no, I am not Jewish.

And so does Islam.
Uh, no.  Allah's characteristics are polar opposite to Jehovah.
stef10
+173|6493|Denmark
How in the world can you say that Christianity/Jewism and Islam have the same God.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6567

stef10 wrote:

How in the world can you say that Christianity/Jewism and Islam have the same God.
DO you know ANYTHING about the Q'uran? Jews, Muslims and Christians are people of 'the book', i.e. the old testament. They all worship the same God and have common prophets between them. Jesus is a prophet but not a deity in Islam. Abraham is common to all three. You do some fucking reading yourself sonny jim.

The schism between the three occurred between 33 AD (death of Jesus) and 600 AD or so (the time Mohammed was knocking around).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-07 10:06:07)

topal63
. . .
+533|6729

stef10 wrote:

How can you say there is only one true-God, and then say those people over there there full of shit, that's a different God, that's not the same one true-God, that's a myth but my faith isn't, that's a false Idol but mine isn't, etc.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6669|California
My God is the planet Im standing on......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard