yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY
first of all i don't want to hear about how the marines are better or navy or blah blah blah.

I'm keeping a family tradition going so keep you opinions on who is better to yourself.

now with that out of the way, im going to phoenix this saturday to take my asvab test and get my physical (MEPS), but i have a problem, I'm not sure what i want to do in the army. And no I dont want Infantry. I want a job that i can build a career on in later life. ive talked to my recruiter many times and he just keeps pushing infantry or scout. But to tell you the truth i would rather get out of the army and have job skills other than getting out of the army and knowing how to successfully clear a house and getting laughed at when i apply to a civilian job. I was thinking military police but my recruiter said ive had a few infractions in civi life so that would be "difficult" to get. Well, im not sure what to do but maybe my interest would help....i like guns (lol) and computers mostly but i dont really want to be stuck at a desk with a computer. Any help would be great
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Well when they send you into action keep your head down and pretend your a Canadian on holiday. Trust me.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6496|Milkystania, yurop
Watch buffalo soldiers and u will know what not to become anyway good luck
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Communications.

^Thanks in advance for your service. God speed, be safe.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6503|Cardiff
ELINT.   about ur best bet i reckon.  might not get to fire a gun that often but im sure ull prolly be able to wrangle some LAN games of bf2 at some point.
GEN. PATTON
+0|6240
well my dads in the navy so i dont know much about army.

but i know its hard to get from the army life to the civilian life.

did you go through boot camp yet???

because there is a job in the army where you can work with computers but not sit at a desk.

so what your saying is you dont want to be in war???

because if so they will probaly call you out to go to war anyway.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6648|In You Endo- Stoke

Magpie wrote:

Watch buffalo soldiers and u will know what not to become anyway good luck
hahah yeah and run a petrol station over and not even notice or htow your mate out the window when he kills himself.

Back on topic-

I would if i was you be an engineer or tank division.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6394
Ya'll be shooting them I-Rack-ees in no time.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY
well, im leaning towards parachute rigger. Basically I will be packing chutes for troopers, supplies, HumV's, and Abrahm's. I would have to be airborne qualified and i would get the chance for ranger school if i would like. Which is a high possibility.

Alexthegreat, is this what you mean?   
Satellite Communication Systems Operator/Maintainer (25S)
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY

GEN. PATTON wrote:

well my dads in the navy so i dont know much about army.

but i know its hard to get from the army life to the civilian life.

did you go through boot camp yet???

because there is a job in the army where you can work with computers but not sit at a desk.

so what your saying is you dont want to be in war???

because if so they will probaly call you out to go to war anyway.
its called "basic training" in the army not boot but no i havent i still take my test, pick my job and kiss my ass goodbye.....lol

and im not scared of the war, but im just thinking of a future and not a combat orientated job. Not matter what i pick i'm 98 1/2% sure im going to iraq. I would actually enjoy being a scout or even infantry. I would be able to watch over my service men a little easier and make sure they come back not in a box. Im joining 90% for my brothers in arms, 4% for me, 3%for tradition and 3% for my fetus child...lol
ssj3barua
+55|6659|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
In all reality, if you want skills for a civilian career I would have to suggest the Navy, or hell even the Air Force. Basically the Army is going to put you where they need you right now (infantry). I'm not knocking on the Army or anything, I highly respect them. If you are hell bent on serving in the Army I say go for a cryptologist job, I have a friend in the Army doing that right now. You get Top secret clearance which can get you just about any government job you want after you leave the Army.

Also, good luck!
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY

yuckfou09 wrote:

I'm keeping a family tradition going
sry, no navy
ssj3barua
+55|6659|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
Just a suggestion
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY

ssj3barua wrote:

Just a suggestion
thank you, i appreciate it
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Army engineer.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517

ssj3barua wrote:

any government job you want after you leave the Army.
Going for anything that would lead you to a position with the DoD after the army. 
Engineer
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6601|USA
First off congratulations! 

Its a big step and I hope you do well.  After that, go communications.  Most of the guys I work that are prior Army backgrounds in comm.  Its a great way to start your career!

I was active AF for 10 years in comm and reserve now and it has definitely helped my career.

Good Luck to you!
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6422|Bradford UK
Military Engineers.......all the way...Career for life. All trades covered. Im In the Royal Engineers in the British Army. Training as a Joiner. Done Carpentry, Bricklaying. Its all good. Plus in a war zone its fun too!!
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6358|USA, MICHIGAN
what ever you do make sure that you don't have an open contract!!!  make sure that the job you pick out is in your contract, or they will FUCK YOU!!!  be a plumber or commo, i was infantry in the the USMC, and there isn't a large number of legal jobs for trained killers that have a fucked up back, knee and shoulder, so i sell fucking cars.  good luck and have fun!!
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY
yeah but im not really interested in construction.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
Army>everyone else

remember that, and you will have an easier time getting through everything
If you join the rangers, remember that you will very likely get deployed to a very dangerous combat zone however.  Much more dangerous than those regular soldiers have to experience.  But it also looks good on a job application/resume so it will be worth it

good luck and keep safe

edit: I'd like to point out one of my life goal's is to join the Army Rangers some day, and then maybe special forces

Last edited by Blehm98 (2007-03-06 10:33:50)

HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany

yuckfou09 wrote:

yeah but im not really interested in construction.
Maybe you should first think about what you want to be in civilian life later, before you choose an Army MOS. This way the guys around here have a better chance of pointing you in specific direction.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

hmmmmmmmmmmm alot will depend on your ASVAB score bc you could start to lean toward a certain MOS in the ARMY but if you score low then you can forget it but if you score high enough then you can have many doors to chose from

Since you are thinkin toward the future ( as of using your skills in the civilian world ) what would you like to do after the ARMY

oh and this -  Today 12:22:13
                    yuckfou09
                     getting out of the army and knowing how to successfully clear a house and getting laughed at when i apply to a civilian job.
Noone will laugh at you in the civilian world for having this knowledge and theres plenty of jobs out there where this could benefit you - selecting the INFANTRY shouldn't be a door you close, take a good look at it bc you can pick up a lot skills that will help you in a job and in life
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6628|South West England
Pushing for infantry or scouts... i dont blame em atm, but kudos for looking for a career in the forces, communications or intel sound like a winner to me
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6422|Bradford UK
Engineers keep the Army moving in ALL aspects from logistics to Construction....there is ALWAYS a need for Engineers. If a trade is what you want just go Engineers and apply for the trade you want. After basic its so simple. you will enjoy it very much. At the end of the day a recruiter is given a sheet of paper with stats and shit on it, most posts are grunts and its his job to get it filled. you are just a number to him, its your future career hes fucking with. as someone mentioned, dont let them bully you into infantry. hope this helps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard