Bomomar
+4|6265
I suck out loud. When I'm in a jet I line the target up for a bomb run at the bottom of the cross-hairs. Sadly I'm only successful 10% of the time. The most kills I have in a round is 19. I'm looking for suggestions on how to be more accurate with a higher success rate. Thanks for any advise you might have.
aLeX
.?
+160|6331|:D

swe:D wrote:

Put c4 on the nose of the jet and fly into your target.
Trust me it works 100% of the time,
Productive response

Try http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/aviator-tactics
AlienWrath2121
+7|6313|Behind you with a large rifle
Besides the obvious way of reading all the posts here about how to be a good pilot(which if you havent read them yet, you should because they can be truly helpful), a few simple things to try:

1.  Take a steeper angle of attack on your target/ more like WW2 dive bombers until you can get a feel for how much your bombs actually glide when at speed and with less angle.
2. Practice bombing on static targets on an empty server.  This is helpful because your targets dont move and you can see exactly where your bombs land based on where you released. 
3.  Remember a bomb doesnt have to totally destroy a target for it to be a success for you/ if the bomb drop doesnt kill them roll back around and use the plane's cannon to finish off the target... Chances are the bomb did a good amount of damage and if you're quick about getting back with the gun you'll catch em before they all bail or maybe get an engineer trying to repair them.

Personal note here:  I totally disregard the bombing crosshair and do it by feel and when my experience tells me to release... I still miss now and then, but I'm more successful then when I tried lining up the crosshair for the "appropriate" bombdrop.
RasorX
+17|6743|Indianapolis
When practicing, after you drop your bombs and pull up, always switch camera modes and LOOK where your bombs have dropped.  Like Alien said, you'll get a feel for it eventually, just ignore the bomb sights.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard