Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
Anyone else having issues with EA Link? 

I've reinstalled and it shows none of my games and does not show the main page properly.  Keeps showing the "do you have a prepaid code" slot, but shows nothing in My Games like it used to.  When I go under Edit and look in my profile on the web it shows I've purchased Northern Strike so that's good.  Just wondering what the deal is and if other people are having it, too.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
Come on.  There has to be someone with an answer with all the vast array of knowledge represented here.

Edit: did those of you who downloaded NS get a code?  I didn't get one yet.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-03-05 18:51:50)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

mmm same problem here, some friends of mine have it to, and I dunno wtf the problem is but alteast ur not alone m8 ,

Martyn
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

you 2 are not alone, same problem here. actually its happening on both my desktop and my lappy. dunno what causes it and havent found a solution yet. grrr......

EDIT: EA better fix this fast or i cant buy NS

Last edited by max (2007-03-06 11:53:03)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6763|Rotherham, England
Same problem here, been like it since saturday
Trel
+70|6669
Thats because EA Link is the devil.
Good to be back.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6588|Michigan, USA
While I don't doubt the issue, Ea Links working great for me, seems like their servers might have just been bugging out, I would suggest trying again later or something, if thats not the case bug EA about it to get your generic email back
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

r2zoo wrote:

While I don't doubt the issue, Ea Links working great for me, seems like their servers might have just been bugging out, I would suggest trying again later or something, if thats not the case bug EA about it to get your generic email back
i have been checking if it works since saturday every couple of hours and it never did. maybe EA just hates me
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

My mate came on asking if anyone was having it on saturday to, I checked it last night and no joy.  I was going to download NS tonight since I have sfa to do all weekend and wanted some whoring done as soon as   But I get nothing, well slight lie, I can download trailers!!!!!!  Why I would wanna do tht though is beyond me 8-).

Martyn
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

hmmm im getting this too... maybe its something telling us not to buy it...
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

Trel wrote:

Thats because EA Link is the devil.
Sounds like its time for a patch 
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6347|England - Kent
same here cant pay for NS and when i tryed to download the BF2 patch 1.41 it kept coming up kurpt
some thing smells bad round here... ive came to call it EA.
1MaNArmY
+2|6790
well I was able to purchase NS back on 2-22-07 and then I was able to preload last Thursday but this weekend all of my previous boster packs disappeard and I had no countdown clock.  I viewed my account and it said that I owned all of the booster packs including NS but they never showed up on the my games tab.  I finally uninstalled and re-installedEA link last night and all is well.  My games show up and I have the countdown clock for NS.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

Yea I re-installed it and now have NS ready for tommorow

Martyn
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

if i uninstall ea link will i have to uninstall/reinstall bf2142 since it is a downloaded game?

Edit: I reinstalled EA Link and i still cant download it, any other advice??

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2007-03-07 13:40:05)

joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6590|Cheshire. UK
you have to delete the folder you installed ea link into.as well as ea link itself...so it removes your cache...happened to me once removed link installed correctly then updated itself and worked fine.....
Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … dID=190260

My EA Link list (My Games, Demos, etc) is empty!
This can happen when there is a corruption in the cache folder for EA Link. There is a work-around to restore your games list that allows you to avoid reinstalling.

Before you begin, log completely out of EA Link. Make sure you have exited the program.

First you will need to backup the EA Link cache folder. To do this:

1. Exit out of EA Link.
2. Double-click on My Computer.
3. Double-click on the C drive.
4. Double-click on the ProgramData folder.
5. Double- click on the Electronic Arts folder.
6. Double-click on the EA Link folder.
7. Move the cache folder to your desktop.
8. Now log back into EA Link so it can re-create your cache folder. This should help restore your “My Games” section.

Next bring back the cache folder:

1. Exit out of EA Link again.
2. Double-click on My Computer.
3. Double-click on the C drive.
4. Double-click on the ProgramData folder.
5. Double- click on the Electronic Arts folder.
6. Double-click on the EA Link folder.
7. Move the cache folder from your desktop. Replace the empty cache folder when prompted.

You should be able to see/access your games from the My Games section once you log back in to EA Link.

Does this help any of you?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Ive tried everything here, reinstalling, removing cache, deleting everything, but nothing works... any other ideas??
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

nevermind i solved it

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2007-03-09 07:20:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard