unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Flecco wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

With games, I guess I'm pre-order happy because I have money enough for it. If it's a stinker, I just give it away or trade it for something else.
If you have enough money to pre-order crap games and give them away, do you have enough to pre-order a second copy of BioShock and send it to me via express post?

Thought not.
Actually, I do. But there's nothing in it for me...like the chance to have a great game delivered to me.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6684|England
So is this game really worth it?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
I downloaded the Steam demo when I bought my new DX10-capable machine thinking it would WTFBBQ blow my socks off. After the first 15 minutes - particularly the intro - I was in a full state of "WOW!". But, after the shiny graphics and the stunning visuals died off, I was slapped in the face with the hard, cold realization that this game is a purebreed console shooter. The shooting/aiming mechanics are infantile, the game is incredibly easy and simple on any difficulty other than the most extreme, and it's all a little bit cliché and predictable to be honest.

Doesn't touch Half Life or any other well-established series as far as Single-Player goes. If you have money to burn on a game that is decidedly average (by my standards) in single-player, and offers nothing more in the longevity/lifespan department (No Multiplayer)- then sure, sink it, I'm sure you'll find some parts entertaining and jaw-dropping the first time around.

I'd probably direct you to Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review of Bioshock. Despite the contrived efforts at humour, it's probably the only rational PC-review that doesn't subscribe to all of this 'OMG THE NO.1 CONSOLE SHOOTER CAME TO PC IN DX10!!!!111ONE' hype.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Shadow893
lel
+75|6684|England

Uzique wrote:

I downloaded the Steam demo when I bought my new DX10-capable machine thinking it would WTFBBQ blow my socks off. After the first 15 minutes - particularly the intro - I was in a full state of "WOW!". But, after the shiny graphics and the stunning visuals died off, I was slapped in the face with the hard, cold realization that this game is a purebreed console shooter. The shooting/aiming mechanics are infantile, the game is incredibly easy and simple on any difficulty other than the most extreme, and it's all a little bit cliché and predictable to be honest.

Doesn't touch Half Life or any other well-established series as far as Single-Player goes. If you have money to burn on a game that is decidedly average (by my standards) in single-player, and offers nothing more in the longevity/lifespan department (No Multiplayer)- then sure, sink it, I'm sure you'll find some parts entertaining and jaw-dropping the first time around.

I'd probably direct you to Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review of Bioshock. Despite the contrived efforts at humour, it's probably the only rational PC-review that doesn't subscribe to all of this 'OMG THE NO.1 CONSOLE SHOOTER CAME TO PC IN DX10!!!!111ONE' hype.
i thought so about this game - i may buy it in a few years once my machine can run it 100% max details etc.

and lol i was literally just reading (or watching) the reviews yahtzee's review of it.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I was going to get it,,, untill i heard it had SecuROM..............

Too bad i had the demo before i heard it came with a rootkit

Last edited by FloppY_ (2007-12-03 03:53:56)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker

Shadow893 wrote:

No, buy anything else. 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article … n-BioShock
Shadow893
lel
+75|6684|England

Stingray24 wrote:

Shadow893 wrote:

No, buy anything else. 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article … n-BioShock
well i got it anyway and yeah it does suck a bit. average gameplay (way too easy - i don't think i've used anything but the wrench + plasmids on all of the splicers) graphics are mediocre etc etc.

I can't see how everyone gave this game 9/10 and perfects. stupid hype...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard