1tdiestoday
+2|6752
I have been using my ball mouse that came with my dell. I bought the logitech mx3000 mouse and keyboard, wireless, and it was some shit. So I returned it. I am about to get the G5 mouse, as my ball mouse is startign to mess up a little, and the scroll isnt working very well anymore. Razer or the G5? Also, is there any need for a new keyboard? wireless, etc.?

Last edited by 1tdiestoday (2005-12-04 14:41:06)

sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6729|USA
i usw the zboard to ply. i love it buttons arent all bunched 2gether. worth the $30 IMO
=LES=LIGHTS_OUT
+0|6719
I love my Razer I have the copperhead, very nice mouse.
Skinnister
+43|6725|UK

=LES=LIGHTS_OUT wrote:

I love my Razer I have the copperhead, very nice mouse.
I have also bought myself a zbord and a Razer boomslang mouse and it is a ball mouse and all i can say is HELL its responsive and fast but onto the BF2 keyset is crap cause im so used to using the shift key to sprint but on the key set its prone so every time i wanna run for my life i just seem to lie down ....lol But trust me if u got ££££ the zboard and a razer mouse with a everglide mouse pad are well worth it. :-)
alki_myst
+0|6720|Manchester, Uk
I, too, am a ball-mouse user. Dropped my lovely, logitech Mx700 and cant afford//be arsed to buy another// a replacement, so found the only other mouse in my flat. Neededless to stay, movement makes it = asplode

God turning the tank turret is such a effort and worse bit is cleaning the gunk out of the rollers inside.
*shudders*

*Pines for a welcomed return, to the optic age*
AFlyingNun
+0|6720
I don't like laser mouses. If you ever see someone just randomly start spinning quickly in circles and looking straight up or down, guess what's causing it. XP
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
I guess the kind of people who make things like Zboard forget that not everyone is right handed.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820

AFlyingNun wrote:

I don't like laser mouses. If you ever see someone just randomly start spinning quickly in circles and looking straight up or down, guess what's causing it. XP
They are more accurate and alot smoother. I've had my Microsoft Intelli mouse for two years with no problems. Also, once you take off the little stick-on plastic 'feet', theres virtually no cleaning ever required.

I took off the little thin slivers of feet on the four corners because occasionally they'd build up gunk from the cloth mouse pad, once you take them off there's a thin outline of plastic emboss where they would fit into, that act like the feet. Its pretty thin so no build-up ever happens, and infact, alot smoother on the surface.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
iv got g5 and ithink its kick ass
i ldidnt like the razer mice but iv got large hands and some people have said thats prob why.
and keybaord iv just got a logitech wireless on nothing flash.
_|x|ake|x|_
+0|6752|greenville, sc
i have just a plain logitech laser mouse, serves the purpose, but it has a short cord so it sucks
GoalieLax
+2|6735
I use a trackball...much better than mice once you get used to it...
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
i have a razer diamondback and copper head.  just go for a diamond back.  copper is 2 much and only 2000 dpi compared to a 1600dpi diamondback.  Also i dont like using a ball mouse cause it doesnt work sometimes
the_ubernoob_
+8|6743
I still use the ball mouse that came with my dell.  I have an optical mouse that I could plug in...but I don't want to have to adjust to using a new mouse.  So far I haven't noticed any advantage to using the ball mouse or optical mouse(used the optical with my old PC but never got around to pluging it into my dell).

The ball mouse works for me and I still have better accuracy than my friends (who all use optical mice).

I guess the question on mice boils down to a personal preference...pick one that you like and you can afford.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6765|Toronto Canada
yo dogs you need a plasma mouse. its the only way to go...
Rascapillion
+1|6718|Michigan
I use a ball mouse.  It was messing up super bad and i couldnt aim right so i had to clean it but now its running awesome.  But i set my mouse sensitivity higher to compensate for the slow rolling and now its crazy so i gotta dumb the sensi down a bit.
1tdiestoday
+2|6752
i ended up buying a razer diamond =back, been spending a little time config'ing it. It will take a little time to get used to, but so far i like it.
starman7
+15|6724
Basically, any mouse/keyboard is good so long as you don't have any major problems with it (i.e-the buttons are much smaller than your fingers) and so long as it's tracking right.  So long as that's down, all you have to do is mess with the sensitivity.  Also, it's just plain not worth it to buy anything else unless either A, you're rich, or B, you're a hardcore gamer.
TigrisJK
+3|6725
I have a Logitech Mx500 now (only 800 dpi) but I used to run a ball-mouse. As far as price to performance goes, ball mice are actually excellent gaming mice, if you keep them clean. I used to have a 6:1 kill ratio at CS 1.3, mostly because I could turn and shoot with extreme precision. (That, and I was still young enough to have faster-than-average responses back then... alcohol, term papers, age, and other things have killed my reactions over time)

I used to swear by ball mice till mine broke. I still prefer the accuracy of a ball mouse to a similarily priced optical mouse... however those new high-dpi mice are pretty nice (I tried one at a store)... but I can't justify buying one just for video games, when I could spend that money on other things.

If you got the money to blow...
GTKtino
+0|6769
Iam using a ball mouse..
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6722|Oregon
ball mice can clog with dirt/etc. get a CORDED optical mouse, either the G5 or the diamondback plazma se, and a CORDED keyboard. logitech has a cool new one with a lcd readout display for l337 gamerz (i think its called the G15, not shure...its on thier website.)
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6847|San Francisco

the_heart_attack wrote:

iv got g5 and ithink its kick ass
i ldidnt like the razer mice but iv got large hands and some people have said thats prob why.
and keybaord iv just got a logitech wireless on nothing flash.
Yeah, I can't stand the Logitech mx510/518 etc. because they are so huge. Give me my razer diamondback any day of the week!
InnerMonkey
+62|6718
I'm using a MX500 as well.  Great mouse btw.  I used a ball mouse with no problem up until the day my last one died.  I cleaned that thing every few days, and never had a real problem with tracking.  A clean ball mouse is a great mouse IMO. 

I'm in no hurry to buy a new fancy mouse, as I can not fool myself into thinking that a new mouse will make my gaming any better than it is with my mx500.

On a side note, I use a nostromo speed pad + mouse combo, and that thing improved my gaming more than any mouse ever could.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6726
I haven't used a ball mouse for years. I got tired of cleaning it. Now i have a Logitech Cordless Desktop. Its great and it only cost me $25.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I have a ball mouse. It's not too bad.
I thought you meant those things that have the big ball on the top that you move with your thumb. It was meant to decrease chances of Arthritis but it actually increased them.
Those were seriously crappy. You could hardly move the damn arrow where you wanted.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
InnerMonkey
+62|6718
Yeah, that's a trackball.  I still keep one of the old kensington ones with the big white "que ball" in the center.  It's great on my workbench where there is usually so much clutter, a normal mouse is a problem.  I don't game from there though.  It's just for the KVM hookup to the servers.  I never could play games with a trackball.  Well, that's not entirely true....Marbel Madness and that style of game work fine with it.  I even used it to play centipede with much success.

;

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard