RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6570|Oxford
This was a recent BBC Documentary analysing the most prominent 9/11 conspiracies. It's worth the watch and shows how stupid some of these 'theories' are. If you can't be arsed to argue the obvious with the conspiracy theorists just point them here...

Last edited by RicardoBlanco (2007-03-04 01:26:53)

HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6281
If you really want to get them going, point out how steel support beams don't have to melt in order to fail. That always pisses them off.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6650|Hong Kong
How the hell did you host a 1-hour documentary on Youtube? I thought the max. limit for time was 6x shorter...
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
Amen...

God bless America....

Can I go back to playing with my Wii now?
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney

SmilingBuddha wrote:

How the hell did you host a 1-hour documentary on Youtube? I thought the max. limit for time was 6x shorter...
Director.
BVC
+325|6697
Theres a guy at work whose a liberal by american standards.  We share a computer, and when his password came up for renewall he wasn't around so I changed it to 'ilovebush'
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6488|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Way too long, only got 2 min into it lost interest
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655

RicardoBlanco wrote:

This was a recent BBC Documentary analysing the most prominent 9/11 conspiracies. It's worth the watch and shows how stupid some of these 'theories' are. If you can't be arsed to argue the obvious with the conspiracy theorists just point them here...
Hmm, so your debate winning tactic is the "straw man" approach?

designdynamics.org/dictionary.html wrote:

The arguer makes up a proposition never offered by her opponent (usually weaker than the true proposition) and then attacks it as if his opponent had offered that proposition. This is most common on Internet chat sites.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6488|Latvia
That Dylan Avery guy and his friends.. profit from that shit...

I want that too.. hmm.. George W. build a time machine to create Mohamed so he can later take over the Middle East and it's oil!.. doesn't make sense... PERFECT!
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

If you really want to get them going, point out how steel support beams don't have to melt in order to fail. That always pisses them off.
https://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/thermiteonwtccolumns_small.jpg

I am no expert but that looks cut to me.

There are plenty of good unanswered questions along with a lot of shite as well.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

UON wrote:

That seems to be about all anyone does on this site.
psychotoxic187
+11|6711

BN wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGE … _small.jpg

There are plenty of good unanswered questions along with a lot of shite as well.
That could of been where it was welded as well. The black by the edges is melted steel, like when you cut steel with a torch, it's slag. Jet fuel definately burns hot enough to distort, and weaken metal.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6570|Oxford

UON wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

designdynamics.org/dictionary.html wrote:

The arguer makes up a proposition never offered by her opponent (usually weaker than the true proposition) and then attacks it as if his opponent had offered that proposition. This is most common on Internet chat sites.
I'm not trying to win a debate. This documentary interviews the creator of 'Loose Change' and shows him to be the whiny/bored/deluded teenager he is. As soon as he's presented with the real explanations for what happened, the ones supported by fact, he crumbles. I respect the hard work he put into his little film but come on kids, it's rubbish.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6570|Oxford

BN wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGE … _small.jpg

No, you're not an expert, so why not let the structural engineers decide.
jonsimon
+224|6497

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Jet fuel definately burns hot enough to distort, and weaken metal.
Not when it all burns at once in a giant fireball.
jooshoo
+0|6266
Yes steel will loose approx half it's tensile strength at 600 oC.
Regarding the 'cut' look of the beams, the weakest part of the structure will be the weld. This due to the differeing mechanical properties of the weld after the extreem heat treatment of the welding process it's self.
There fore when it fails it will happen along the weld path giving it a 'cut ' look
your friendly design engineer
psychotoxic187
+11|6711

jonsimon wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Yes it does. As well as all the material inside the building that caught fire from the jet fuel fire. The jet fuel acted as a catalyst.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
Watch "Loose Change II" its streamed on both youtube and google, gotta give him credit though i sat down with the feeling boy am i gonna see a worthless conspiracy but it´s very well made and gets you on the hook. before i was 100% sure it was bs now i´m not 100

This was a good show as well interesting however the conspiracy people would´nt they only say this is made to proove them wrong cause they are right?
jonsimon
+224|6497

psychotoxic187 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Yes it does. As well as all the material inside the building that caught fire from the jet fuel fire. The jet fuel acted as a catalyst.
Dude, to burn anything you need heat and time. If any kind of starter burns all at once, you don't develop a fire. You can wave wood through a fire without it catching, and anyone who has made a campfire knows that the conditions required are very specific. Nearly all the limited supply of fuel burst into flames at the same time, it just isn't physically possible that flames took that building down. (Esspecially since tenfold larger blazes have burned for hours, one even a day long, and the worst damage was the partial collapse of a few floors at the top.)
Bottom line, those two planes could not have taken down those buildings, so something else had to.
psychotoxic187
+11|6711

jonsimon wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Dude, to burn anything you need heat and time. If any kind of starter burns all at once, you don't develop a fire. You can wave wood through a fire without it catching, and anyone who has made a campfire knows that the conditions required are very specific. Nearly all the limited supply of fuel burst into flames at the same time, it just isn't physically possible that flames took that building down. (Esspecially since tenfold larger blazes have burned for hours, one even a day long, and the worst damage was the partial collapse of a few floors at the top.)
Bottom line, those two planes could not have taken down those buildings, so something else had to.
Yes, all the stuff in the building caught fire. It will burn from an explosion. Look at the story here of Faulk corporation. Propane blew apart buildings with nothing standing left. The impact alone from the jet would of weakened the structural integrity, then all it takes is one suppost beam to fail, and the rest will follow. If one floor fails, and crashes down, the lower floors will not be able to sustain further pressure from the crashing down.

Here's a good read.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol … tml?page=4

Last edited by psychotoxic187 (2007-03-04 07:32:11)

jonsimon
+224|6497

psychotoxic187 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Yes, all the stuff in the building caught fire. It will burn from an explosion. Look at the story here of Faulk corporation. Propane blew apart buildings with nothing standing left. The impact alone from the jet would of weakened the structural integrity, then all it takes is one suppost beam to fail, and the rest will follow. If one floor fails, and crashes down, the lower floors will not be able to sustain further pressure from the crashing down.
Propane blew apart skyscrapers? Because your average 4 story building is drastically different from a skyscraper. Skyscrapers are better imagined upside-down. They are suspended by the foundation, the only way to knock down a skyscraper the way the towers fell is to attack the foundation. Did the planes hit the bottom of the buildings or the top? The top. They couldn't have knocked down those buildings. For another analogy, think of the towers as two trees. If you take to the top of a tree with an axe, it will never fall. Chop away at the bottom and it falls. Not exactly the same as a skyscraper, but it gets the point across.
psychotoxic187
+11|6711

jonsimon wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Propane blew apart skyscrapers? Because your average 4 story building is drastically different from a skyscraper. Skyscrapers are better imagined upside-down. They are suspended by the foundation, the only way to knock down a skyscraper the way the towers fell is to attack the foundation. Did the planes hit the bottom of the buildings or the top? The top. They couldn't have knocked down those buildings. For another analogy, think of the towers as two trees. If you take to the top of a tree with an axe, it will never fall. Chop away at the bottom and it falls. Not exactly the same as a skyscraper, but it gets the point across.
Not true at all. With the force of floors falling from above, and a fire burning. The floors below it will have a hard time staying intact, and not collapsing. It's simple gravity. Steel changes drastically under fire, and stress. Steel is in no way the same as a tree, neither is a skyscraper. All buildings are supported by the foundation as well, so not sure what you mean here. My point was, propane blew, started the building on fire, and destroyed it. It was still a steel erected building.
Fen321
+54|6499|Singularity

psychotoxic187 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Not true at all. With the force of floors falling from above, and a fire burning. The floors below it will have a hard time staying intact, and not collapsing. It's simple gravity. Steel changes drastically under fire, and stress. Steel is in no way the same as a tree, neither is a skyscraper. All buildings are supported by the foundation as well, so not sure what you mean here. My point was, propane blew, started the building on fire, and destroyed it. It was still a steel erected building.
Isn't this where people then argue the free fall speed. If that's the case how is this accounted for?
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6533|Amherst, MA
The pancake theory ia a joke.. you people havent even mentioned the word "pancake" , none of you have studied this topic, dont base your debating on things you heard in passing by on Fox News.

The World Trade Towers, were demolished by using Thermate, it is a known, discovered, fact.

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6369|Columbus, Ohio

LawJik wrote:

dont base your debating on things you heard in passing by on Fox News.
Yes.  Watch youtube instead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard