deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6464|Connecticut

topal63 wrote:

^^^ My conundrum, confusion in retrospect, is why we just didn't take him out in 1991 with Stormin Normin at the Gates of Baghdad, & destroy / defeat the remaining republican guard.
Just out of shear speculation, I dont think we were prepared for whooping their asses in a week. I dont think there was a set contingency for infiltrating Baghdad without resistance.
Malloy must go
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Commie Killer wrote:

You need to understand that a few people on this forum, such as CamPoe and Bubbalo will not concede to being wrong.

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

What about the sentence where I typed they need to get out?(return the land)
It just seemed liked you softened your whole stance considerably by exempting the Israelis from blame on the grounds of the UN partition plan but on second reading I guess I was wrong.
Bahhh .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Of course, this all misses the fact that a key part of the US rationale were supposed mobile weapon factories which could be found from orbit pre-invasion, but now that troops are on the ground have magically dissappeared.
Found 'em, right................here!
*Ahem*

Bubbalo wrote:

supposed mobile weapon factories
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532

deeznutz1245 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

From that very same article:
1.) “The weapons are thought to be manufactured before 1991 so they would not be proof of an ongoing WMD program in the 1990s. ”
Ok, so because they were made pre 1991 they are inoperable? Their entire fucking arsenal practically comes from the cold war era, does that negate their ability to use it?
No, the point is that there was not, as the US suggested, an ongoing program.

deeznutz1245 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

2.) “Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.”
Right again, *sighing* they had almost a year before we infiltrated to dismantle them. Im sure they were knitting bullet proof sweaters instead.
Well, as we've already discussed, they certainly weren't making WMDs.
Commie Killer
+192|6358

Kmarion wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

You need to understand that a few people on this forum, such as CamPoe and Bubbalo will not concede to being wrong.

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

What about the sentence where I typed they need to get out?(return the land)
It just seemed liked you softened your whole stance considerably by exempting the Israelis from blame on the grounds of the UN partition plan but on second reading I guess I was wrong.
Bahhh .
God Im sorry. Forgive me. I was talking more generally though, large political issues.
imortal
+240|6636|Austin, TX
Okay, I am going to give some of you a cookie.  Suppose for this excersise that Iraq had no WMD. I am not going to even start on the 'who knew what when and why' game here.

Ok, so what do you think we, the United States, should do now?  Immediately pull out?  My feelings are, right or wrong, the US is at least partially responsible for the current state Iraq is in, using 2002 as the status quo.  I think that we should show a sense of responsiblity for what we have done, and leave the place in a better condition than we found it in.  To pull out in the midst of what is going on now, with the sectarian violence, and rival factions tearing the country apart would be irresponsible, and mearly laying the groundwork for the area to rise and give us even more trouble later.  I do not care how it started or why, and I was over there.  It is past, deal with it.  The issue is what to do now.

And remember, it is the fault of the French that the US got involved in Vietnam.
CC-Marley
+407|6799

topal63 wrote:

^^^ My conundrum, confusion in retrospect, is why we just didn't take him out in 1991 with Stormin Normin at the Gates of Baghdad, & destroy / defeat the remaining republican guard.
Because Bush Sr. was advised not to in fear of the Arab forces leaving the coalition. Also the images of the highway of death brought some outrage around the globe. Especially in the Muslim world.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2007-03-08 14:11:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard