brome
brap.
+244|6585|Accidental, TK
How do I do this without having to overwrite my copy of windows and all my files? I haven't experimented with the disk for fear of fucking up my existing setup. Is it as simple as just choosing an option when i install it, or more complicated? I've read that it is possible, but not how to do it. Any help much appreciated.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6434|UK
you can partition the drive and install Ubuntu onto the new partition

then you will have 2 O/S running

you could then run them as a dual boot so you choose what O/S you want to or feel like running @ start up
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

if i remember correctly its an option during install to make a dual boot for ubuntu. why do you want to run linux? depending on the situation it might actually make sense to run it through virtual pc

EDIT: obviously you have to make a new partition(s) for ubuntu, but once you did that its fairly straight forward to add win to the bootloader

Last edited by max (2007-03-03 07:30:16)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard