namtih
+0|6766
I've installed SF and patched game to 1.12 yet when go into the game, it shows the "update to patch 1.12 message from EA, and when i try to connect to any server, it says i'm running an older version of the game. Anybody got a clue whats wrong?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6774|The Netherlands
Uh Oh I think something is wrong
BudRell
+2|6856|Home
yes...I agree...something IS wrong...

Anybody got a clue whats wrong?
Yes... I have a clear vision of EA...
I did twice exactly what EA has written in their technical help and still same shit appears.
It is simply so that :
- those EA-guys who are coding this game are not doing their job properly...
- those EA-guys who should supervise the process are supervising ONLY their own bank accounts

If I code some software for myself it's damn sure that I
1. test procedures one at a time
2. change the code if it makes errors
3. assemble tested and WORKING procedures as one

THEN I use it. So I do beta-testing too.

I would say that EA should hire/take some better beta-testers and use them too...(only one of multiple actions they should do).

These constant bugs/errors/bullshit will really give EA a bad image.
bad-dog
+0|6851|Israel
I've the same problem, I'm trying to fix it now.
What happened is I did a fresh install of BF2 and then BF2:SF, SF wrote it's updating BF2 and then I tried to connect to a BF2 server and it says old version, I'm trying to fix it now, if I do I'll keep you informed

This is hell strange but here is a way to fix it ( worked for me ), uninstall all games, install both, patch with the 1.12 patch after installing both, worked great.

Last edited by bad-dog (2005-12-05 12:49:06)

Schizferatu
+0|6739|West Central Indiana
I get that message but, it means nothing.  I still show that I have version1.1.2254.356.0 and I got my 3 ranks and unlocks.  I got it after a clean install of BF2 and then patching. I just ignore that stupid message.  Hell - that message never showed up when I DIDN'T have the patch...

Last edited by Schizferatu (2005-12-06 17:45:21)

bad-dog
+0|6851|Israel
True, in both cases it showed me the same version, I mean before I patched with the patch from the site and after, showed same version and yet, it doesn't show the "Old Version" messange any more, very strange but still works.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard