CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6407051.stm

Sanctions on Iraq. Sanctions on Iran. Where are the sanctions on Russia? Why the double standard?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

Sanctions on Iraq. Sanctions on Iran. Where are the sanctions on Russia? Why the double standard?
A little tougher I guess when they are on the Security Council.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kmarion wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Here comes the cyclical discussion of the UN being useless and how it needs to be restructured...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Flecco wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Here comes the cyclical discussion of the UN being useless and how it needs to be restructured...
'scuse me?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jepeto87
+38|6699|Dublin
Since no journalists are allowed in the region I refuse to believe this slander, its impossible for a rational mind to accept that the Russian armed forces are engaged in such acts. This is clearly an evil ploy by the "Coalition of the willing" to take some attention off Iraq.........

Last edited by Jepeto87 (2007-03-01 09:59:19)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6543|Global Command
The article simply demonstrats that Russia has no credibility when they criticize us.

They are dealing with a radical Muslim terrorist problem, just like we are.

I don't really care what they do to people who storm schools and murder children.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
1)  They can bite back

2)  Criticising them for doing the same thing as the US would be difficult
jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

Because Russians are white people and have some essence of Christany / Judaism.

and ...

Bubbalo wrote:

1)  They can bite back

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-03-01 19:04:47)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706

ATG wrote:

I don't really care what they do to people who storm schools and murder children.
Those Chechens are fucking pricks and deserve whatever the Russian government can dish out to them.

Jepeto87 wrote:

Since no journalists are allowed in the region I refuse to believe this slander, its impossible for a rational mind to accept that the Russian armed forces are engaged in such acts. This is clearly an evil ploy by the "Coalition of the willing" to take some attention off Iraq.........

I hope you are joking. They took over an elementary school, blew up themselves inside with the kids, and took down 18 Speznas soldier in the process. That was just one incident on one day. If Chechen civilians are all emo cause they are getting killed in the war, then they should fucking move.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-01 19:12:16)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
You guys do realise that you're just siding with one bunch of child murderers over another bunch of child murderers, probably due to Islamophobia?
san4
The Mas
+311|6702|NYC, a place to live

ATG wrote:

True, but I think their Muslim enemies don't want to destroy Russian civilization. I'm not an expert, but I think the Chechens want independence. Russia has made their problem worse by being extremely brutal to civilians. I know it's not simple because oil is involved, and I'm not recommending that Russia reward terrorists by giving them independence, I'm just saying Russia's problem is a little more tractable than ours.

ATG wrote:

The real question is who is Russia torturing? How much confidence can we have that Russia's prisoners are all bad guys? Mostly bad guys? Maybe there are one or two bad guys in there among the innocent people? Personally, I have no confidence in the police work of a society in which bribery is a fundamental part of life.  It's gross if the people being beaten in Russian prisons are just the people who couldn't pay the bribes the cops demanded.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Remember the good ole' days when problems were solved with Polonium?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-02 01:09:46)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6533|Finland

Kmarion wrote:

Remember the good ole' days when problems were solved with Polonium?
LMAO, sarcasm FTW
...although in reality Pistolet Makarova was the weapon of choice back then, me thinks.
No need to be subtle you see.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569

Superior Mind wrote:

If Chechen civilians are all emo cause they are getting killed in the war, then they should fucking move.
Kind of like the Brits in WWII? They should have got on the boat to USA when Hitler started bombing them? I don't fucking think so. The Chechen cause is a just cause. They just ain't fighting it right.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6642|IRELAND

ATG wrote:

The article simply demonstrates that Russia has no credibility when they criticize us.
Indeed, the Russians were and are one of the most brutal of regimes.

ATG wrote:

It wouldn't matter is they were Muslims or Christians or whatever. Their country has been invaded, suppressed and stripped of resources and wealth for generations. Just happens that its a predominately Muslim nation.
Russia brought the fight to them first by invading. I am not defending their actions and tactics, just the fact that they didn't start the fight.

ATG wrote:

If the Russians were directly killing the people involved in the school siege I would agree. But the fact is that the Russians/Soviets are collectively punishing a whole nation in an attempt to keep their already fragmented union of states together. If they can get freedom, the other states which harbour much of Russians oil and gas will follow. They are breading generations of freedom fighters who have grown up so desensitized to war and carnage that they have no qualms using indiscriminate tactics themselves. Indiscriminate oppression and killing for 50 years, leaves two generations with no other memories but war and death and takes them to a level of desperation that none here can contemplate nor understand.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6533|Πάϊ

CameronPoe wrote:

They just ain't fighting it right.
How should they fight it then CP?

Last edited by oug (2007-03-02 03:12:29)

ƒ³
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569

oug wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Military and governmental targets only via guerrilla warfare. You have to win the media battle as well as the war itself and blowing up schoolchildren is about as far removed from pointfulness as you can possibly get.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

oug wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Military and governmental targets only via guerrilla warfare. You have to win the media battle as well as the war itself and blowing up schoolchildren is about as far removed from pointfulness as you can possibly get.
Killers with Cameras.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard