thanls
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6759
Weapons powered by compressed air rather then gas i think not sure
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
its basicaly a shorter version of a certain rifle. and they usually have lower muzzle velocity and are weaker.

now days they dont even have to use the same amo or parts as the mother riflet to be classified a "carbine".
can be kinda confusing.

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-12-04 02:01:36)

DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
In BF2, your carbines would pretty much be your Spec Ops weapons.

For example, the M4 is a carbine version of the M16.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6722
Remchester
+0|6720
Any short rifle, not necisairly a shorter version of another rifle.  M1 Garand, M1 Carbine are very diffrent weapons.  Carbine is usually somewhere between a handgun and a full-on long arm.  M1 Garand fires the 30-06 round, while the M1 Carbine fires a .30 carbine round (glorified .38 special, slightly smaller), making it more powerful than a 1911 .45, but easier to carry than an M1 Garand.  Modern carbines tend to be assigned to Spec-Ops as well as support units (truck drivers would carry carbines), no-coms and officers.  Also, in accordance with the idea of only one kind of ammo, they tend to be chambered for the same rounds.  Since they use the same rounds, they tend to have the same action, same frame etc, but cut down and usually a gas cylinder moved closer to the chamber (accounting, in part for a loss in muzzel velocity).  M4 is a good example of that, basically the same weapon as an M16, but shorter.  Some have more finly tuned actions, such as the AK74U (U for shortened).  Some have entirely diffrent stocks, such as the SOCOM 14, being built on an M14 action.  Makes the weapon appear very diffrent, but its still pretty much the same.

In BF2, it would be the spec op guns, but just remember....you're armed just like a truck driver.

Last edited by Remchester (2005-12-04 03:18:27)

faust82
+0|6788|Sykkylven, Norway
To put it in easy terms, a carbine is smack dab in the middle between an assaut rifle and a sub-machinegun.
akbigd
+-2|6734
thnx alot,    the reason for asking is because i have 40 kills with it,      and i wasnt sure wt weopen was it,  iam 100% sure now that it s the spec op unlock

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard