daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6593
My xbox 360 requires repairs...I call microsoft support...The broken record which I spoke to kept saying "Theres nothing wrong with my console" "Its against our policy" "You can speak to someone else, but you will probably get the same reply".

Eventually I just hanged up. I could tell from the sound of his voice that he was struggling with me

I tried getting an e-mail response, but it just refered me to the support phone line.

My disc drive is causing scratches to all my discs. It gives loud cliking/scratching noises. Somtimes it fails to read the discs.

Has anyone sent an xbox back for repair? How did you manage it?

Probably best if its a UK response, but I'll take any.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6707|Fort Lewis WA
In all honesty, I have not had a problem with getting my origional X-Box repaired or my 360.
I had 1 of them 360's that burned out after 2 hours of usage...Yeah I was on hold for a while but they repaired my 360 all it cost was the price of a box and postage.

My origional X-box has a mysterious lifetime warrenty ( It was plagued by CD Rom errors and being the Jew I am I juiced them for everything possible.)

Next time you contact microsoft, tell them "Your CD drive locks up, and gives you "unable to read CD" errors while playing games, Tell them its a random event, sometimes you have to cycle the power repeatidly, and the games work fine, sometimes it jsut randomly tells you the disc is dirty or damaged in the middle of a game.  Also leave out the fact its scratching your games, and tell them it has a problem reading old games and new games just purchased.  Stick to your story and you will get them, to fix or replace your X-Box.
Don't get irritated, start a ticket and keep going for a repair or replacement.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6593

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Is this to do with the email support, or phone support?
tino275
+14|6630
Good LUCK man!
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6593
ok, a second phone call and success

If you speak to someone called mike hang up imedietly.

The lady that helped me on my second try was much more helpful. I mentioned it not being able to read some discs like CannonFodder mentioned, it seemed to work.

Last edited by daffytag (2007-02-28 06:29:54)

CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6707|Fort Lewis WA

daffytag wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Is this to do with the email support, or phone support?
Both its called building a packet.  Its good for several reasons.
1) You make sure you get your component repaired
2) If the cost to repair exceeds the cost to replace, they will drop off a new one rather then waste money on repairs.

Seriously though dont tell them the drive is scratching CD's, They wont cover that, after all if theres debris in the CD tray, thats a user fault.

Now Random CD disk read errors... That makes the tech support believe its a hardware issue.  If it happens with multiple game old and new, that builds it up more.  Age of the system is another biggie, I'm assuming its still under warrenty? If so, with a hardware issue, you have them and they will fix or replace.  Just dont give up if the techie cant help you get a superviser, DONT loose your cool.  If you start getting an attitude they will remember that and they will give you the run around.  Remember they are people and have feelings to, Only difference is they can escalate your ticket, or they can let it sit as "unresolved"
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6593
New question!!!!

I need to remove the hard drive before sending it off. I expected it to come off just by pressing the small button. I even went to microsoft to check the FAQ. It seems to require a lot of force. Are they normaly so hard to remove?
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6593
Ok its off. Silly thing
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6707|Fort Lewis WA

daffytag wrote:

ok, a second phone call and success

If you speak to someone called mike hang up imedietly.

The lady that helped me one my second try was much more helpful. I mentioned it not being able to read some discs like CannonFodder mentioned, it seemed to work.
Good Job Bro, glad to see it helped you.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6707|Fort Lewis WA

daffytag wrote:

New question!!!!

I need to remove the hard drive before sending it off. I expected it to come off just by pressing the small button. I even went to microsoft to check the FAQ. It seems to require a lot of force. Are they normaly so hard to remove?
Yeah the first few times they are pretty stiff, but after a while its easier.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6677|The darkside of Denver
I had to send mine in for repair last week. Had the three lights of death. It will be back on Friday. Its pretty painless proceedure. just be patient.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6569|Scotland
I heard around one million units have been returned in the UK... PS3 FTW!
CrazeD
+368|6690|Maine

White-Fusion wrote:

Haha, PS3 has way more problems than XBox 360 does.
T4rd
+44|6693|West Point, NY
I dunno if you can do this in the UK or not, but what I did with my PS2 when it did the same (wouldn't read the blue-bottom CDs) is took it to Wal-Mart and told them I just got this as a gift from someone who got it at Wal-Mart (without the receipt, of course, lol) and it wouldn't read CDs.  They gave me a brand-spankin new PS2 without any hassle.  I know this sounds bad/wrong, but I worked there and truly believe that they deserve it, haha.  I do this with pretty much everything that breaks and costs over $30, lol.  I don't know if you have that many Wal-Marts there or something equivalent to their exchange rules, but I would try that.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6466

CrazeD wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Haha, PS3 has way more problems than XBox 360 does.
What do u mean?. I haven't heared a single thing about the PS3.

http://forums.xbox.com/8347347/ShowPost.aspx  360 FTW muahahaha!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard