FloppY_
­
+1,010|6304|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Am i really the only person who has realized that the AA (rail)guns placed around the map does not damage armored units such as tanks, APCs, walkers etc. nothing anoys me more than noobs spamming my tank with AA rails for no reason,, all he does is reveal his position to everyone on the map and anoys the hell out of his target, because you cant see a friggin thing with rails exploding on impact with your tank, apc, walker etc.

PLEASE spread the word about AA guns inifficiency agains armor so that these noobs can stop annyoing the h*ll out of people,,, nothing i hate more than stupidity in gaming,,, how hard can it be to realize that you are not damaging the unit you are shooting at,,, once a noob was railgunning me for about 5 mins without ever thinking "now i've fired one gazillion lazers on that tank and it has not exploded nor started smoking, could it be that this futuristic sci-fi lazer-like weapon might not damage that tank??" but noooooooooo they must have an IQ below the 50s

I find it hare to believe anyone being capable of such stupidity,,, what about you? are you a lowIQ nub or another anoyed player in the know, who just wants to seek out theese noobs home and punch 'em in the face....??

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-02-28 02:03:38)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6575|Brisbane, Aus

they're spending more time uselessly attacking you while you can kick their arse.

free kill, don't complain
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6553|Valhalla
AA are not Rail guns more like Flak Cannons
But yet it is bloody annoying

Last edited by loonitic (2007-02-28 02:10:34)

Sambuccashake
+126|6629|Sweden
I guess it could sometimes be usefull in an attempt to "blind" the tank while his recon buddy is preparing a surprise in the form of RDX.
FloppY_
­

loonitic wrote:

AA are not Rail guns more like Flak Cannons
Flak works by exploding in air near aircraft,, AA guns in 2142 has no splash damage which is the whole idea about flak,,, so no i dont agree with them beeing flaks   anyway you know what i mean?!

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-02-28 02:12:57)

cMD-RR
+17|6306
aa vs armour = Fail
FloppY_
­

cMD-RR wrote:

aa vs armour = Fail
+1 Karma for you
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6458|Brisbane, Australia

AA vs armor = fail......(i just want karma )

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2007-02-28 02:45:09)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Janysc
+59|6701|Norway
AA vs ShawN_ in armour = fail

EnemyOfAllkind
+28|6488|Finland

Same thing has happened to me in BF2 lately... I have been in an armor and some poor corporal/sergeant starts shooting me with an assault rifle ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/e01c5bfa5f0a95a99794736ab44fb78102fe70ec.png
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6687

EnemyOfAllkind wrote:

Same thing has happened to me in BF2 lately... I have been in an armor and some poor corporal/sergeant starts shooting me with an assault rifle ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!
That's nothing, I've chased tanks with a combat knife.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6667|Hong Kong
Do you really need that many commas? I know some girls who write like that, for Christ's sake.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6769
I always just find it funny when something like that happens. The number of times I see some, dare I say it, Noob running after a tank shooting it with his gun or sitting in the AA shooting at it. You have to just laugh it off and thank the all mighty Sl4y3r that you are not as stupid as these inbreads.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6775|Hell, p.o box 666

theDude5B wrote:

IYou have to just laugh it off and thank the all mighty Sl4y3r that you are not as stupid as these inbreads.
I liek
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6464|Australia.
The Railgun is a ground defense weapon specifically used against armoured vehicles. I believe the one you're talking about is the Mounted Anti-Air.

Yes, the people that attack armour in a Mounted-AA gun are pretty stupid, though, they're not really stupid if its providing a distraction for his team mates.
Icleos
+101|6760
Well the AA isn't bad if you can manage to hit the armor with the EMP missiles.
Say an enemy walker is attacking a friendly tank near by.
If there is no railgun or if it has a bad view for the situation then I might get in the AA and try to hit the walker with EMP to give my tank a better chance at killing him.
You have to aim down so that the missiles compensate for their curvature flight.

I wouldn't necessarily say the AA is useless against ground vehicles.  EMP Assistance wise...
The flag bullets however aren't designed for armor.  But you can still can kill infantry and cars with it.

Last edited by Icleos (2007-02-28 08:54:11)

chiwai
+2|6295|New York City
I never understand the AA gun. 
The AA gun on Titan is strong on everything.
The AA gun on Tank only good on Gunship but not on Air Transport.
The AA gun on Walker is good but hard to target while Walker is moving.
The AA gun on ground is good but the EMP missile never hit.  It hard to kill when someone run toward you.  I know the AA gun is not good again ground armor but at least the EMP missile should work.
chiwai
+2|6295|New York City

Icleos wrote:

If there is no railgun or if it has a bad view for the situation then I might get in the AA and try to hit the walker with EMP to give my tank a better chance at killing him.
You have to aim down so that the missiles compensate for their curvature flight.

I wouldn't necessarily say the AA is useless against ground vehicles.  EMP Assistance wise...
The flag bullets however aren't designed for armor.  But you can still can kill infantry and cars with it.
The EMP missiles on target sky object.  I shot up instead the armor right in front of you.
Icleos
+101|6760

chiwai wrote:

Icleos wrote:

The EMP missiles on target sky object.  I shot up instead the armor right in front of you.
There is a timed window before the lock on is established.
You could have turned away, unlock, turn back, and then fire before there was a lock on.
chiwai
+2|6295|New York City

Icleos wrote:

chiwai wrote:

Icleos wrote:

There is a timed window before the lock on is established.
You could have turned away, unlock, turn back, and then fire before there was a lock on.
Well, see, by the time you do all this, you are already kill by the Tank and APC, the only change is the Transport since the Transport gun is weak again Ground AA.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6604|Montreal
It can be useful if you are blinding the armor while a tank or walker on your side is lining up a shot, or if a recon is planting RDX or an AT guy or a friendly railgun is lining up a shot, but otherwise yeah it's pretty dumb to just sit there in AA shooting a tank, but hey, free kill for the tank.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6600|Eastern USA
The EMP from secondary fire, even without lockon and if placed right, will EMP the tank.
FloppY_
­

Janysc wrote:

AA vs ShawN_ in armour = fail

Hahaha nice try ^^ +1

And i know that the emp is effective, but im talking about the flak shell thingys... sorry for not making that clear at first...

rule #1 when in a tank,,, never stand still long enough for a sniper to plant RDX :]   if i ever have to, i change view angles like mad

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-02-28 12:58:35)

JimmyBotswana
+82|6604|Montreal
your kitten is freaky looking
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

ineffective, but sometimes a good distraction against a mediocre tank driver ... so your squads engy can go to work.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-02-28 13:41:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard