Bomomar
+4|6316
Veteran Transport. See previous posts.
DSRTurtle
+56|6737

GCroke wrote:

I'm finding the 25 kill streak a hard one to get, unless anyone knows any tips on that one, the others just take patience and probably pig-headedness to want to go after that award next.

On the Purple Heart, I think the way of getting that is lame, it should be something like 20 kills and no deaths minimum 10 minutes IAR
25 kill streak just be commander for a couple of rounds and find a good hiding spot.  Artillery everyone to death.
Chorcai
+49|6699|Ireland
The 1000 repairs and heals or what ever it was took awhile.
JaggedPanther
+61|6525

TuataraDude wrote:

Ricerckt93 wrote:

Expert Pistol will be my problem.  I highly doubt I will be able to get 18 kills in 1 round with a pistol.  Getting Vet Pistol (7 in a round) was bitch.  I am not sure how people get this with out going on a K & P server.  Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You'll get it if you stick with it and are not afraid to see your Kill/Death ratio take a hell of a beating.
Yeah it dents my k/d ratio and I'm slowly getting my pistol expert.

I only bring out the pistol if someone doesn't see me (behind/ontop them) but I'll try to be alone as when I'm in a squad someone else will pickup the kill and all I get is a kill assist
JaggedPanther
+61|6525

Baked Nut wrote:

MetalChont wrote:

Repair/heal badges are not hard.  No skill involved.  Skill != patience + luck + persistence.
Explosives badge is not skillful either.  Any retarded cunt can spam claymores on an IO server.
Expert knife is so ridiculously easy too.  No skill there.
Pistol badge: same as knife badge, not hard or skillful, just pistol snipers
Expert kit badges are not hard either.  Even if you don't use a vehicle.

All of the awards reward patience + persistence, not skill.

They should make a KDR requirement on each of the badges and that would incorporate the skill factor you speak of.
lol i guess not when you stats padd

Nice reset you got the other day MetalChout lmao

-1 for the stats padder
LMAO  some stat padder saying awards take no skill lol

the other 2 saying the same thing don't even have 12 hours total , they probably got reset too since one started his account 2 days ago.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6743|Calgary

Killya wrote:

expert repair is easy if you want to "cheat" to get it.   Its really stat padding and low to do this and a server admin could ban you for it, but if your are desperate: 

take a VOD on sharqi and flip it on it's side either by riding up the side of a hill or hitting one side of your tires on a down ramp.  hit f3 (i think) or whater function key puts you in the back of the VOD and repair away.  If you do this by yourself, the VOD will eventually blow up as you barely won't be able to keep up, if you have another engineer around helping (ie really stat padding) it can stay together all round as long as both don't stop repairing it.

I witnessed a couple of padders doing this way back during the 1.3 patch days and I tried it just to see what was up with it...  the server crashed of course during the game and never saved the progress.  I'm glad now as I would rather earn it rather than cheat to get it.
GAY. Just repair a lot, its not skill it just takes time.
bingobones
+6|6777|London, UK

GCroke wrote:

On the Purple Heart, I think the way of getting that is lame, it should be something like 20 kills and no deaths minimum 10 minutes IAR
LMAO
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6728|respawn screen
Expert Armor: Takes a lot of skill to stay interested in tanking for 400 hours.

Seriously, Expert First Aid and Expert Engineer are often mentioned. I had to try really hard to get both veteran but I got both Experts without even trying just after meeting the global requirements.

You just need a some luck, the right map and the right game.
B!0H424|2D
+1|6315
Expert Pistol definatly hard.
morphman001
+9|6613|Melbourne
https://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3383/screen001nc8.jpg
morphman001
+9|6613|Melbourne
finally got that bastard...now on to expert explosives...sigh
DSRTurtle
+56|6737

Lucrative_Glory wrote:

knife back when i got it, 18 in a non p/k server was kinda tough

right now im working on expert heal, hardest one i've gone for so far, but i dont really go for awards, im usually surprised when i they pop up
Jalahabad IO as MEC medic.  I got 19 one round not even trying to get 20 heals.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6817|Cambridge (UK)
Based on how many people don't have it - the Purple Heart Medal.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-03-18 19:25:30)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6341|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ironically, though I have won it four different times (I've kept count), it only shows up as having won it once. Glitches in scoring system = win!
I remember a time when I actually thought it would be cool to have the Purple Heart .
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6817|Cambridge (UK)

cowami wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ironically, though I have won it four different times (I've kept count), it only shows up as having won it once. Glitches in scoring system = win!
I remember a time when I actually thought it would be cool to have the Purple Heart .
I lost count...
smacktardthefirst
+30|6636|Good ol' Canada
Ive GOt them all, I fuckin rule!!!!
ethrion
+25|6445|Hong Kong @ the moment
Ive search a lot to find this but couldnt so I'll ask it in here since there is a lot of repair talk being had in here.

Q: I read somewhere in this forum that repair points are capped at 8 or something for repairing the commander assets. So that after you've done it 8 times you no longer get points for repairing them. Therefore forcing you to find other things to repair. Is this true?
t0mhank5
+319|6763|Surge

ethrion wrote:

Ive search a lot to find this but couldnt so I'll ask it in here since there is a lot of repair talk being had in here.

Q: I read somewhere in this forum that repair points are capped at 8 or something for repairing the commander assets. So that after you've done it 8 times you no longer get points for repairing them. Therefore forcing you to find other things to repair. Is this true?
falso.
Benji77
+1|6469|Masterton - New Zealand
well i think expert Repair hardest
ethrion
+25|6445|Hong Kong @ the moment

t0mhank5 wrote:

ethrion wrote:

falso.
Phew!! I thought that would be pretty outrageous!
bryvb
+0|6554
i think the armor is the hardest who wants to spend 400 hrs in a tank when i/o is so much more fun,,,,,,,i have all mine but the armor and yes the wc ribbon was a bitch before new requirement and the knife was to also the pistol but the hardest, seems to be the elusive fourth star that i have been qualified for now for a while with 250,000 points and all badges and ribbons except sf mec and seals ribbons and exp armor, i have met the requirement in the game and yet people like weeb boy that plays on ff off sesrvers and nade spams the crap out of people with very few exp badges and almost no ribbons to speak of and missing alot of medals..? isn't the fourth star a sign that u have done all the game has to offer? so what the f##### gives ea what are the requirements for the fourth star?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6733|Disaster Free Zone

bryvb wrote:

what are the requirements for the fourth star?
Top 50 3 star Generals at the end of each month get a 4th star. ATM that means about 400k points good luck.
Ssandstorm
+73|6786|Perth, Western Australia

gene_pool wrote:

Snake wrote:

Varegg wrote:

They removed the IAR requirements of 18 knifekills.
Yep. Now its just a total of 100 knife kills. 

Respect for anyone who got it the old way.
I did

http://bf2s.com/player/64235673/

Expert pistol was pretty easy imo though.

My hardest by far was expert explosives.... I can't beleive i got that.....
FAIL, I have got over 40 claymore kills in a round over 10 times thus far.
GCroke
+2|6316
I thought of great one, Requirements for a new Weapons Unlock, which can only be used by those who qualify and can be used with any kit, but can't be picked up by another player without the requirements

Requirements:
1,000,000 Global Points

Weapon of Choice.... Mini Gun

(..)  Rock On

Whoops wrong topic... slaps head

Last edited by GCroke (2007-03-23 06:27:10)

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6703|The Netherlands
1:armor expert 400 hours in TANK!! NO WaY
2:Expert engeneer repair ... 20 repair? ... 1 round ! ... nà àh
3:expert medic heal ... 20 heals ... yes its very possible .. i just dont play medic very often any more

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard