TuataraDude
+115|6524|Aotearoa

Ricerckt93 wrote:

Expert Pistol will be my problem.  I highly doubt I will be able to get 18 kills in 1 round with a pistol.  Getting Vet Pistol (7 in a round) was bitch.  I am not sure how people get this with out going on a K & P server.  Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You'll get it if you stick with it and are not afraid to see your Kill/Death ratio take a hell of a beating.
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK

Ricerckt93 wrote:

Expert Pistol will be my problem.  I highly doubt I will be able to get 18 kills in 1 round with a pistol.  Getting Vet Pistol (7 in a round) was bitch.  I am not sure how people get this with out going on a K & P server.  Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Snipe.

Just shoot people Short-Mid range with the Sniper rifle (Not the automatic ones) and just finish them off, this tactic is best used on maps with large amount of action in small areas. Karkand would work
Baked Nut
+2|6466|Brisbane, QLD, Australia
hmmmmm

1. expert repair (havn't got it yet) (any tips on this would be nice)

2. expert sniper (got in a few days ago and in finally getting it i also got my Sharpshooter Infantry Medal)'

3. expert explosives (got this a couple of months ago claywhoring on karkand mmmm 30 ppl went bang)
Baked Nut
expert pistol is easy......got it on Sharqi Peninsula.

go into a inf only server wait for sharqi then......run around like a crazed banshiee until u get you 18kills....do not worry about flags or helping teammates....just focus on the job at hand.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6494|Berlin, Germany
expert transport is hard... especially since 90% of all servers are IO nowadays
DSRTurtle
+56|6687
Expert SF  Eng and Anti Tank Combat Badges.  44 kills in a round.   Closest i've come is 37 - 38 kills with those kits, including some vehicle whoring.

Expert Pistol just because you have to get 500 global kills and then another 18 in a round.

Expert Engineer.  It takes a ton of patience to get it.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2007-02-28 16:46:22)

DSRTurtle
+56|6687

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

Jalahabad.  USMC.  It's easy to get the 11 kills with the little DPV. 

I got like 15 in a round running people of over with it.
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
+22|6646|Top of the leaderboard.
knife back when i got it, 18 in a non p/k server was kinda tough

right now im working on expert heal, hardest one i've gone for so far, but i dont really go for awards, im usually surprised when i they pop up
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6457|The edge of sanity
the war collage ribbon pre 1.3 when it required 3 w/l ratio (i got it pre 1.3 yay me)
expert knife
expert pistol
airieal combat ribbon
MetalChont
+18|6550|Sydney, Australia
Repair/heal badges are not hard.  No skill involved.  Skill != patience + luck + persistence.
Explosives badge is not skillful either.  Any retarded cunt can spam claymores on an IO server.
Expert knife is so ridiculously easy too.  No skill there.
Pistol badge: same as knife badge, not hard or skillful, just pistol snipers
Expert kit badges are not hard either.  Even if you don't use a vehicle.

All of the awards reward patience + persistence, not skill.

They should make a KDR requirement on each of the badges and that would incorporate the skill factor you speak of.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle
...awards dont take skill...

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-01 03:59:23)

MetalChont
^ exactly
MetalChont
Expert pistol has new requirements?  It took me 18 kills IAR to get mine recently...
RD_The_Dog
+87|6538
Expert Repair!  Jesus that's tough to get.  Not sure if it's skill though.

Expert knife, when it was 18 IAR on a full server.
Baked Nut

MetalChont wrote:

Repair/heal badges are not hard.  No skill involved.  Skill != patience + luck + persistence.
Explosives badge is not skillful either.  Any retarded cunt can spam claymores on an IO server.
Expert knife is so ridiculously easy too.  No skill there.
Pistol badge: same as knife badge, not hard or skillful, just pistol snipers
Expert kit badges are not hard either.  Even if you don't use a vehicle.

All of the awards reward patience + persistence, not skill.

They should make a KDR requirement on each of the badges and that would incorporate the skill factor you speak of.
lol i guess not when you stats padd

Nice reset you got the other day MetalChout lmao

-1 for the stats padder
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
Very good topic!
I say - Expert Explosives
I got it last night, it was hard, it took me a loooooooong time to get it!
https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/nikolabathory/screen041.jpg
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Very good topic!
I say - Expert Explosives
I got it last night, it was hard, it took me a loooooooong time to get it!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/ … een041.jpg
9 tickets left too, phew. gj, deserves karma
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
hehe, thank you, man:)
I got a lot of [killed] instead of [claymore], that rally sucks, but I managed to get the badge.
dead_rac00n
+12|6484|DTC
The hardest award to obtain in terms of skill is the one you want to get when the conditions are not right for it.
If you can set the right conditions to achieve your goal, then you are trully skilled. [\Confucius]

- Expert explosive.
- Expert repair.
- Expert pistol.
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
lol i remeber when i heard that they where going to take bunny hopping and dolphin diving out of the game. i knew i must get the basic knife badge first LOL. it was easy getting it on karkand with cheap bunny hop and dolphin diving
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6494|Berlin, Germany

DSRTurtle wrote:

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

thx for the tip! +1 for you. and true too - jalalabad+DPV doesn't take alot of skill but its fun as hell

so now i'll say: yeah, awards don't take skill
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands

dead_rac00n wrote:

The hardest award to obtain in terms of skill is the one you want to get when the conditions are not right for it.
If you can set the right conditions to achieve your goal, then you are trully skilled. [\Confucius]

- Expert explosive.
- Expert repair.
- Expert pistol.
lol i got these three badges:

- Expert explosive. ---> pistol/knife/explosives server
- Expert repair. ---> boat upside down/car in the water
- Expert pistol.  ---> also p/k server

yep, im lame
DSRTurtle
+56|6687

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

thx for the tip! +1 for you. and true too - jalalabad+DPV doesn't take alot of skill but its fun as hell

so now i'll say: yeah, awards don't take skill
Congrats.  It is fun running people over with the DPV.
GCroke
+2|6265
I'm finding the 25 kill streak a hard one to get, unless anyone knows any tips on that one, the others just take patience and probably pig-headedness to want to go after that award next.

On the Purple Heart, I think the way of getting that is lame, it should be something like 20 kills and no deaths minimum 10 minutes IAR
Killya
+4|6292
expert repair is easy if you want to "cheat" to get it.   Its really stat padding and low to do this and a server admin could ban you for it, but if your are desperate: 

take a VOD on sharqi and flip it on it's side either by riding up the side of a hill or hitting one side of your tires on a down ramp.  hit f3 (i think) or whater function key puts you in the back of the VOD and repair away.  If you do this by yourself, the VOD will eventually blow up as you barely won't be able to keep up, if you have another engineer around helping (ie really stat padding) it can stay together all round as long as both don't stop repairing it.

I witnessed a couple of padders doing this way back during the 1.3 patch days and I tried it just to see what was up with it...  the server crashed of course during the game and never saved the progress.  I'm glad now as I would rather earn it rather than cheat to get it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard