cavdiver2
+0|6720
I was given the PH 3 times but it only shows 1. Is this normal?

Last edited by cavdiver2 (2005-12-03 23:00:14)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center

cavdiver2 wrote:

I was given the PH 3 times but it only shows 1. Is this normal?
im not sure if thats something to be proud of...

if i were you, id be glad its only showing one.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6847|North Texas
Yeah, this is normal. It doesn't accumulate like some of the other medals. It's not necessarily a bad thing it doesn't...
Rosse_modest
+76|6776|Antwerp, Flanders
How does one get 3 purple hearts anyway? Is this even technically possible?
I got mine on purpose!
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6786|Netherlands
I got mine on purpose 2

Wouldn't even want 3 of 'em
NamelessMarine
+0|6735
I got my due to TKing fags who believe that because I run past the plane on the carrier (wake) to get to the boats, I'm attempting to camp the plane and thus are free to kill.

Same with tanks.

I got 5 kills and 25 deats because every time I'd exit a tank or vehicle I'd get TKed.

It was my first medal...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6782|The Hague, Holland

Rosse_modest wrote:

I got mine on purpose!

LT_W.J.Kamikaza wrote:

I got mine on purpose 2

Thats what they all say ..
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6774|NRW,Germany
I´m proud that I don´t even have one of them!

In german the Purple Heart is often translated to Verwundetenabzeichen (Wounded Medal) but for me the BF2 Purple Heart is the Verblödetenabzeichen (Retarded Medal).
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6782|The Hague, Holland

Tigg@lot wrote:

I´m proud that I don´t even have one of them!

In german the Purple Heart is often translated to Verwundetenabzeichen (Wounded Medal) but for me the BF2 Purple Heart is the Verblödetenabzeichen (Retarded Medal).
To me its the "Time-to-find-a-new-game Medal".
brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6737|IL
Actually the PH is a very honorable medal IMO.  I do have 2 one cuase well I suck   and the other came from tring to get knife and pistol which I got but never showed up  damn it anyway.  I guess I will have to earn more PH til i get those 2 badges. 
Rosse_modest
+76|6776|Antwerp, Flanders

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

I got mine on purpose!

LT_W.J.Kamikaza wrote:

I got mine on purpose 2

Thats what they all say ..
No, seriously, I was playing 64 player Kubra Dam and a couple of people were lagging up the game with 400+ ping. It was the second or third round on that map with the lag and I got so annoyed by it... I hit TAB to see how many kills I'd gotten so far (5). Then this unclean thought came up - if I just die 20 times now I'll get a nifty medal!

So I noob tubed myself all the way to the purple heart...
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6847|North Texas

brickZ28 wrote:

Actually the PH is a very honorable medal IMO.
Sure, in real life, definitely honorable... but not in this game.
fizz85
+1|6790|Voice of reason
Ahhaah stat padders LOL.

I got mine fair and square by sucking. LOL luckily I am a bit better now. Plus being a tanks whore helps. Actually I am not a tank whore I just want my VET Armor Badge. It is all a matter of perspective.
FX924
+0|6720
i got one...b4 i brought the new display card
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

Rosse_modest wrote:

I got mine on purpose!
do u mean in bf2 or real life? ive seen people get more than one purple heart before.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6756|NH - USA

NamelessMarine wrote:

I got my due to TKing fags who believe that because I run past the plane on the carrier (wake) to get to the boats, I'm attempting to camp the plane and thus are free to kill.

Same with tanks.

I got 5 kills and 25 deats because every time I'd exit a tank or vehicle I'd get TKed.

It was my first medal...
Try spawning at the boats next time. (?) Sounds like you have some bad luck with vehicles. Just ride a bicycle next time.   And fags don't TK, they are too busy fixing their hair. TK'ers are frustrated breeders. 8)

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-12-04 23:45:01)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
I got the purple heart twice.... Once when I installed the game and went directly to the Multiplayer and another when I was trying for the knife badge... trust me it's nothing to be proud of. But no one cares about my stats anyway.
cavdiver2
+0|6720
The reason I should have three is because of campers. I not proud that I should have three but what are you going to do?
Fahrenheit
+0|6779
not proud to have a purple heart? got it on purpose?...poppycock!!! i got mine defending the last flag from full MEC onslaught! so i got a poor K/D kept me team mates alive as best i could in the vain hope some would escape and cap another flag...got owned by a slick hovering outside and above the spawn...shot it down twice!..(swapped to support) hell it was bloody good fun!! earning medals and ranks is good fun, makes the game more interesting. Lets face it without this award system most peeps would get bored of running around shooting at things thats why clans have their own personel stats page for games like MOH, COD, DOD etc. also why peeps play in clans and cup matches, ladders etc....BE PROUD OF EVERY MEDAL YOU EARN!!! lol...my mate got his PH fixing assets in an uncappable base which was being raped and bombed....his team still won!!!    IMDEAD nobody cares about anyones stats really do they! except if we think they earned them by cheating, but you atleast care about your stats..isnt that good enough? if we didnt then why do we play on ranked servers?...its all bloody good fun get out there and die with a smile on yer face soldier! the enemy will wonder why and lose confidence in their own abilities.......*cough* last stament was utter bullshit *cough*...it beats playing the sims!!!!

Last edited by Fahrenheit (2005-12-09 05:31:01)

dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6751|Cohog, RI
Someone please kill this post.  Ghey!
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6740|Hamilton, Scotland
Man, ive only attempted 2 get the purple heart once and i got 6kills to 20 deaths!!!! how gay is that

In one of the other forums (i think it was about new kits fr bf2) i made up a way to unlock the purple heart a fair sort of way, it just does not seem right 2 be killed 20 times just to gt a medal, it goes against bf2 and people that have TRULY died in conflict, amean cmon , ok check this out:

Requirements: I.A.R= 5 kills to 1 death (not at end of round, thats crazy!!)

Global= 3,000 kills to 3,000 deaths

not bad eh?

Last edited by A.Drew(G.Drew (2005-12-09 10:57:40)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6727|Debris From Space
i got mine becuase some stupid n00b in an APC was permenently spawn camping the MEC bases.
DaBigDragon
+3|6740|USA
I got my purple heart when I was going for my veteran knife badge. I'm proud I got a purple heart actually, and I did get the veteran knife badge that same round too.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield

Fahrenheit wrote:

not proud to have a purple heart? got it on purpose?...poppycock!!! i got mine defending the last flag from full MEC onslaught! so i got a poor K/D kept me team mates alive as best i could in the vain hope some would escape and cap another flag...got owned by a slick hovering outside and above the spawn...shot it down twice!..(swapped to support) hell it was bloody good fun!! earning medals and ranks is good fun, makes the game more interesting. Lets face it without this award system most peeps would get bored of running around shooting at things thats why clans have their own personel stats page for games like MOH, COD, DOD etc. also why peeps play in clans and cup matches, ladders etc....BE PROUD OF EVERY MEDAL YOU EARN!!! lol...my mate got his PH fixing assets in an uncappable base which was being raped and bombed....his team still won!!!    IMDEAD nobody cares about anyones stats really do they! except if we think they earned them by cheating, but you atleast care about your stats..isnt that good enough? if we didnt then why do we play on ranked servers?...its all bloody good fun get out there and die with a smile on yer face soldier! the enemy will wonder why and lose confidence in their own abilities.......*cough* last stament was utter bullshit *cough*...it beats playing the sims!!!!
Haha...true.. But really no one cares, but seems like they do judge people on the stats alone, I am a Meat Shield and go in blasting at walls just to get eatin' alive by a PKM. I play to get the dang unlocks and to have fun. Do you have to play on ranked servers to get unlocks?
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6728|Honolulu, HI
Guess it says alot about how n00b-y I am, that when I got my Purple Heart I thought it was a good thing.  Then when a friend brought me to bf2s.com I checked the requirements for my only medal..."IAR 1:4 K/D ratio"...and then I realised, "Wow, I really, really sucked that round, huh?"

Ah well, we all have our bad rounds...it's just people like me who seem destined to relive them every time I join a server

Last edited by [QXJZ]Capt_Kefra (2005-12-12 03:21:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard