delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6754

Kingswat wrote:

IDF = terrorists
So is CIA, MI6, SEALS remember the good old seal team 6 ?
thinner44
+1|6811

Dizik wrote:

Nobody on these forums are involved with a country's Special Forces, therefore everybody's opinion means jack shit. Any opinion saying that X is better than Y is arbitrary. Considering that there's no way to actually judge who is better, then why even argue about it? Oh wait...I forgot, this is the internet. Let the flaming begin.
Don't be so sure, but then if someone did tell you, they would have to kill you and eat you
Ssandstorm
+73|6736|Perth, Western Australia
notice most of the people saying one particular countries SF are the best r from that country, talk about biase, anyways i have absolutely no idea which is the best and i dont think any1 else here does
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

thinner44 wrote:

Dizik wrote:

Nobody on these forums are involved with a country's Special Forces, therefore everybody's opinion means jack shit. Any opinion saying that X is better than Y is arbitrary. Considering that there's no way to actually judge who is better, then why even argue about it? Oh wait...I forgot, this is the internet. Let the flaming begin.
Don't be so sure, but then if someone did tell you, they would have to kill you and eat you
They don't actually have to eat you. They're allowed to, but there isn't any specific regulation telling them to do that...
thinner44
+1|6811

Rosse_modest wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

Dizik wrote:

They don't actually have to eat you. They're allowed to, but there isn't any specific regulation telling them to do that...
.... but ribs are so tastey
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6784|The Hague, Holland

RDMC wrote:

shaunboulton wrote:

No way is the IDF the best in the world, its the SAS, how many times do i have to say it. SAS is the best in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, for those who have read  this post.
No man the Dutch Special forces rock the world:p only i don't know what their name is".. Lol
Do we actually HAVE a special forces squad?

EDIT :

Btw Ive learned on school that the SAS and the Mi6 are the best in the world.
Dont know if thats true.

Last edited by Sgt.Gh0st (2005-12-04 06:14:28)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
well id have liked to see aus spec forces.
although they are not really well known enough. but anyone in the know would tell you how good they are.
super high level of training!!

they are allways involved in whatever us is doing at the time and always play a big part in spec operations.
tard
I'm a Bitch
+6|6720

the_heart_attack wrote:

they are allways involved in whatever us is doing at the time
... because australia is Americas bitch
chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
cia and mi6 are NOT elite military organzations they are intelligence groups ...

calling seals terrorists? youre a scumbag dude ...

the dutch special forces are The Korps Kommando Tropen they have one active unit and 2 reserves and are basically inactive

hahahaha SAS was the first and will always be the best
thats funny seeing how the seals and sas were formed for world war 2 and the army rangers first action was in 1675. as far as combat experience they have the most barnone.. revolutionary war, war of 1812, civil war, world war 1, world war 2, korea, vietnam, grenada, iran, iraq, somalia, bosnia/croatia, afghanistan..

the idf is not an elite group but the name for the entire iraeli military .. thier best scpecial forces group is Sayerot Mat'kal and while they are good they are used mainly in wartime and crisis situations i think you are refering to thier version of swat who do most of the raids in israel.. however they do still do assassinations..
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794
I was going to make a reasoned argument on this but I really can't be arsed.  I don't give a hoot who's in the game so long as it's not Al Qaeda and the IRA (terrorist groups that have attacked my country).  I'm slightly dubious about having Americans in the game as they funded the IRA (and other Irish terrorist groups) for a long time and most Britons killed in wars in Iraq were killed by the Americans but I'm prepared to accept that SEALs are probably not to blame for these things.

So, I can understand people that would have been upset about Israel's inclusion had it happened but I can also understand any Chechnyans that have suffered the Russians' wrath etc.

Making any game that uses real-life military organisations is bound to run into problems somewhere in the world.  Live with it.

Last edited by aardfrith (2005-12-04 11:18:58)

batman_psu
+3|6752
ummmmmmmmmm,  i pretty certain that most of the British soldier deaths in Iraq were definitely NOT caused by the USA.  Thats ridiculous.  Maybe one incident where a group was accidentally killed and there was a large number of British dead at US hands.  But to say that the US has caused the most British casualties in Iraq is ludicrous.  Back up your wild claims with at least some evidence please.  Or people will start saying that the British caused the most US deaths in the revolution and other stupid shit like that.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
the insurgets could be al quaeda ^^ but really theyre mahdi army .. and ira while they might call themselves an army are just terrorists so putting them in a battlefield situation wouldnt make sense.

im all for whatever army they want to put in there cuz it makes for a more diverse and interesting ..oh yeah other than dutch special forces .. why dont we put the jamaican special forces while were at it ^o^
bs6749
+3|6745

shspunkrockr wrote:

chitlin wrote:

nothing beats the military might of the american navy seal, marine corps green berret, and army rangers ..

any other opinon can lick my hairy beanbag ^^

all other organizations attempt to emulate the perfection that is the american war machine =0
did u say "Marine Corps Green Beret" or "Marine Corps, Green Beret"?
Let's post a dumbass comment because he forgot a comma. Great catch. I don't think that I would have understood what he was sawing without your helpful post, really. I mean, I often wonder...Is it the Marine Corps AND Green Berets, or is it the Marine Corps Green Berets? Thanks to you I have FINALLY figured out which it really is. It is the Marine Corps Green Berets just as he had originally stated.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

chitlin wrote:

the insurgets could be al quaeda ^^ but really theyre mahdi army .. and ira while they might call themselves an army are just terrorists so putting them in a battlefield situation wouldnt make sense.

im all for whatever army they want to put in there cuz it makes for a more diverse and interesting ..oh yeah other than dutch special forces .. why dont we put the jamaican special forces while were at it ^o^
What is your obsession with the Dutch?
bs6749
+3|6745

chitlin wrote:

cia and mi6 are NOT elite military organzations they are intelligence groups ...

calling seals terrorists? youre a scumbag dude ...

the dutch special forces are The Korps Kommando Tropen they have one active unit and 2 reserves and are basically inactive

hahahaha SAS was the first and will always be the best
thats funny seeing how the seals and sas were formed for world war 2 and the army rangers first action was in 1675. as far as combat experience they have the most barnone.. revolutionary war, war of 1812, civil war, world war 1, world war 2, korea, vietnam, grenada, iran, iraq, somalia, bosnia/croatia, afghanistan..

the idf is not an elite group but the name for the entire iraeli military .. thier best scpecial forces group is Sayerot Mat'kal and while they are good they are used mainly in wartime and crisis situations i think you are refering to thier version of swat who do most of the raids in israel.. however they do still do assassinations..
I am not sure, but I do believe that the word "owned" could be properly placed at the end of his reply.
bs6749
+3|6745

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

chitlin wrote:

Everytime I hear something about the Dutch I immediatly remember the part in Austin Powers Goldmember or whatever it is called where Gold member is trying to say "father" but it always comes out as "faz-ya". That and when Austin's father says "there are 2 things I can't stand: 1. People that are intolerant of others (pause) and 2. The Dutch). ROFL
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

bs6749 wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

chitlin wrote:

Everytime I hear something about the Dutch I immediatly remember the part in Austin Powers Goldmember or whatever it is called where Gold member is trying to say "father" but it always comes out as "faz-ya". That and when Austin's father says "there are 2 things I can't stand: 1. People that are intolerant of others (pause) and 2. The Dutch). ROFL
I have to say, that whas damn funny .
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794
Okay.

In the original Gulf War there were 24 British fatal casualties, nine of which were caused by US fire, according to CNN

In the recent Iraq war:
March 21 8 soldiers killed when a US chopper went down in Kuwait
March 22 ITN (British) reporter killed during coalition attack in Southern Iraq
March 23 RAF pilot and navigator shot down by US patriot missile
March 25 2 killed in friendly-fire incident on a Challenger tank
March 28 1 killed after US A-10 attack on British armoured vehicle
April 6  BBC translator killed during US attack on US special forces convoy (13 others also died)
Total 15 friendly-fire, out of 32.

Grand total 24/56

Okay, so not quite most but a very significant percentage.
dshak
+4|6814
good lord... I was merely saying that I would have liked to see the Israeli SF unit in the game, but I guess what I really did was start a post so people couild demonstrate how truly and competely full of themselves they are.

SORRY!

WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE THREAD HAVE TO BECOME A PISSING CONTEST!?!?!

Oh, and aardfirth - yeah it really sucks about friendly fire, but its happens, and I wonder how many british lives were saved because of the efficiency of the US military in those conflicts?? I wouldn't go getting all riled up and anti american if I were you, I still seem to recall some kind of "world war" in which the US basically saved your ass. I loved it in the other thread on here where people were saying the British and Russians would have won the war without the US, how was that going for you anyway?

bah, there I've gone and started pissing myself.

Last edited by dshak (2005-12-04 13:25:25)

thinner44
+1|6811

dshak wrote:

good lord... I was merely saying that I would have liked to see the Israeli SF unit in the game, but I guess what I really did was start a post so people couild demonstrate how truly and competely full of themselves they are.

SORRY!

WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE THREAD HAVE TO BECOME A PISSING CONTEST!?!?!

Oh, and aardfirth - yeah it really sucks about friendly fire, but its happens, and I wonder how many british lives were saved because of the efficiency of the US military in those conflicts?? I wouldn't go getting all riled up and anti american if I were you, I still seem to recall some kind of "world war" in which the US basically saved your ass. I loved it in the other thread on here where people were saying the British and Russians would have won the war without the US, how was that going for you anyway?

bah, there I've gone and started pissing myself.
I do agree with your original statement, it's a shame that it happens, but sure as day follows night, it will

As for blue on blue, that kind of thing has been happening since conflicts began... it's an almost inevitable part of it.
dshak
+4|6814
Out of curiousity I did a google search...

I found pretty much WORD FOR WORD the site you used to report all those incidents of friendly fire, but oddly enough, you left out all of the insertions were British units killed British units themselves... interesting.
thinner44
+1|6811

aardfrith wrote:

I was going to make a reasoned argument on this but I really can't be arsed.  I don't give a hoot who's in the game so long as it's not Al Qaeda and the IRA (terrorist groups that have attacked my country).  I'm slightly dubious about having Americans in the game as they funded the IRA (and other Irish terrorist groups) for a long time and most Britons killed in wars in Iraq were killed by the Americans but I'm prepared to accept that SEALs are probably not to blame for these things.

So, I can understand people that would have been upset about Israel's inclusion had it happened but I can also understand any Chechnyans that have suffered the Russians' wrath etc.

Making any game that uses real-life military organisations is bound to run into problems somewhere in the world.  Live with it.
"Live with it" . What a really odd thing to say after your statement above. I think if I was an American I would be slightly offended by your remark that "they funded the IRA (and other Irish terrorist groups)" . A very very small minority did indeed support the IRA.... but not every American. Please substantiate your claims if you're going to post inflammatory remarks. As for 'blue on blue', that's been happening since conflicts began, from all sides.
AlexDiasTeixeira
+2|6772|Netherlands, The - Rotterdam
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
No man the Dutch Special forces rock the world:p only i don't know what their name is".. Lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

^... hehe

We let other countries do that

Last edited by AlexDiasTeixeira (2005-12-04 13:41:25)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
hey man i was just answering this dudes question

random side note download / buy / rent / w/e a movie named 9 rota ..a russian move about afghanistan in the 80's ..really awesome
Game*
Jihad!
+0|6805
FOrget u all with ur isreali and american special forces....... GO CANADIANS YEAAAAAAAA JIHADDD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard