do you think jalalabad is overrated?

yes33%33% - 56
no53%53% - 89
i dont play IO12%12% - 20
Total: 165
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6300
when ever i play IO maps the rotation is usually karkland shar and jalalabad. every1 alway say on how good jalalabad, and is so much fun but the game usually turn just into an all out snipe fest with no one advancing  i usually leave once jalalabad turns up

Last edited by teamorange (2007-02-25 12:30:20)

TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6363|Florida, USA
How is it overrated? I think sharqi, Karkand, Mashtuur, and Jalalabad are the best IO maps out there.
paper_pieon
+7|6292
god do i hate Mashy... despite it actually
nonexistentusmc
+26|6434|Queens, NYC
No one advances because no one cooperates. A good team based squad or two can go far east and one far west to go around and cap flags. But everyone is such a point whore that they just stay by the rocks and shoot and and shoot. Then the US side complains that they lose. I've played Jalalabad many times and have seen the MEC side lose plenty of times thanks to good squads that work together. I do believe that Jbad is a good map, it just requires more patience and smarts and a lot of perseverance.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6569|Melbourne, Australia.
Yes. I used to like it, now 8/10 times it just ends up in a sniper fest. Every now and then you get a decent squad on US trying to push
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6300

nonexistentusmc wrote:

No one advances because no one cooperates. A good team based squad or two can go far east and one far west to go around and cap flags. But everyone is such a point whore that they just stay by the rocks and shoot and and shoot. Then the US side complains that they lose. I've played Jalalabad many times and have seen the MEC side lose plenty of times thanks to good squads that work together. I do believe that Jbad is a good map, it just requires more patience and smarts and a lot of perseverance.
ya but unless you are in a clan you almost never get that type of cooperation
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6452|meh-land
Jalalabad sucks...
nuff siad
aLi3nZ
+138|6496|New Zealand
Its a great map, probably my favorite but only once one of the city flags have been captured.
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6321
Jalalabad is one of the shittest maps there is, with Karkand and Songhua.

Jalalabad is nothing but shitty snipers - cannon fodder for my l96 37-5 today on the MEC team just camping where the rocks are near the outpost, noob snipers come to hide there without seeing me. Next thing they are dead

Karkand is nothing but nade spammers and gaymore whores
and songhua is just no fun.
']['error
Banned
+630|6633|The Netherlands

aLi3nZ wrote:

Its a great map, probably my favorite but only once one of the city flags have been captured.
QFT
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6560|USA

paper_pieon wrote:

god do i hate Mashy... despite it actually
you mean despise.
falafel
+5|6319
it's UNDERrated
David.P
Banned
+649|6263
Problem with jalalabad is when it's infantry only the mec win 9 out of 10 times. Your right everyone snipes there and wants kills kills kills. It get's annoying for us real snipers, There are no good spots that people dont know about, Everyone either has and svd, m95, or l85 and it gets annoying! Most people like me avoid jalalabad servers all together.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6634|Canada
The rounds that I've played on Jalalabad have been a lot of fun. I've only played with some clan mates and once the teamwork gets going, we were hard to stop. We were all at the top of the leaderboard by the time the round ended. Good times.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6434|Wales
32 and 64 player sucks...  16 is great
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6325|Oregon
A perfect team map. Only a good team will win. I've seen the losing team have 10 players with higher scores than the winning team's top player. It requires a good squad or two, and you just have to play smartly. The huge open area at the front does attracts snipers and grenades, but why complain about them when you should be past them and taking the fountain or hotel?
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6311|Orrstrayleea
i love Jalalalaalalalabad wether it IO or not, both are great maps that are fun to play a range of kits
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6610|Gold coast, Aus.
Jalalabad is alot more fun if its not IO and US can get into the city.
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6573|U.S.A
Jalalabad 16 man is fun, 32 and 64 suck.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6670
excellent map. being pinned down at a spawn can happen on any map. It really depends on the server. If the server sucks jalalalallbaalahd sucks. But if your on a server that has regulars that play as a team, and play to win, not just points or kit time, its fun as hell. Sometimes america gets pinned down, and some times america cap MEC out.
pebblebash
Banned
+9|6266

bobroonie.bda wrote:

excellent map. being pinned down at a spawn can happen on any map. It really depends on the server. If the server sucks jalalalallbaalahd sucks. But if your on a server that has regulars that play as a team, and play to win, not just points or kit time, its fun as hell. Sometimes america gets pinned down, and some times america cap MEC out.
AND GLlTCHING INSIDE THAT ROCK IS COOL TOO.
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6377|Scotland
If the US get out of the uncap its great fun.
Longbow
+163|6635|Odessa, Ukraine
Songhua Stalemate 16x IO - best infantry map ever . AK-47 ownz .

Last edited by Longbow (2007-02-25 15:09:27)

pebblebash
Banned
+9|6266

Longbow wrote:

Songhua Stalemate 16x IO - best infantry map ever . AK-47 ownz .
shame the map never gets played, i <3 songhua

9 populated servers playing songhua at this moment according to game-monitor
bobroonie.bda
+143|6670

pebblebash wrote:

bobroonie.bda wrote:

AND GLlTCHING INSIDE THAT ROCK IS COOL TOO.
Whats your point? That again, has to do with the server and admins. So does Sharqi suck because people can glitch inside of hotel? Or how about Karkand, how many glitch on that map?

Good admins, good server, good players, any and every map is excellent.

Most people hate maps because they suck at them. Or its to slow, there not helping there SPM bullshit. Play to win is funner then playing for points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard