BVC
+325|6734
I was reading some chilli sauce/hot sauce recipes the other day and thought I'd make some, since I use heaps of the stuff.  Then I thought about Kmarion's boilup thread.

Post recipes of stuff you like here.

To get the ball rolling:

Pubic's kiwifruit chilli sauce

Ingredients:
Chilli peppers to taste (I used 5 of these puffed up green ones)
10 tomatoes
8 kiwifruit
2 onions
3 green capsicums
8 gloves garlic
1 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
3/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup sugar

Method:
Peel the kiwifruit and garlic.
Finely chop the onions, tomatoes, garlic, kiwifruit and capsicum, and throw in a big pot. If you can be bothered, peel the tomatoes by boiling them until the skins crack, then removing the skins.
Chuck everything else into the pot.
Boil it for 15-20 minutes, stirring as needed.
Blend the mixture until it is at the desired consistency, then cook for a little while longer.

Yum _b

If you're tasting it as you go, I recommend having a few cold beers handy.

Phone cam pic:
https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/Warlord_Malice/food/Pubicskiwifruitchillisauce.jpg

It looks kinda gross but it tastes beautiful!
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6569|The lunar module
Good thread

Apollo's Afterburner Salsa

This is a variant of the Xnipec salsa  from 'Great salsas by the boss of Sauce' by W.C. Longacre & Dave De Witt.

Please, wear surgical gloves when handling the Habs.

2 red Habanero chili peppers, chopped
2 orange Habaneros, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp fresh Cilantro, chopped
Pinch of sugar
Dash of salt

Mix the onions and lime juice in a bowl & let soak for approx. half an hour.

Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Put in the fridge for an hour or so to let the flavors mix.

Enjoy with a steak, an omelette etc.
cospengle
+140|6525|Armidale, NSW, Australia
OK. I've been waiting for the opportunity to share my cooking expertise with some poor sunsupecting fellow BF2Sers.

Two Minute Noodles

Ingredients
1 packet of 2 minute noodles
water

step 1: boil water
step 2: add flavour sachet to boiling water
step 3: place 2 minute noodles in saucepan and cook for 6-8 minutes
step 4: remove from heat
step 5: enjoy
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
Four Cheese Pizza, Deep pan.

1.Go to local store, buy frozen pizza roughly matching description.
2.Insert in oven, 220 degrees.
3.Wait 20 minutes. Have a fag.
4.Remove pizza.
5.Eat
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6621|MANCHESTERRR
The perfect 3 slices of toast

For this you will need:

1 four slot toaster

Bread of you choice, Warburtons Toastie is the best in my opinion.

Butter - Lurpack Speadable - Lightly Salted

Topping - Marmite (Love It) or if it isnt your thing, choose something that is

METHOD

1. Open your fresh loaf of bread up and dive down to the middle to select the three softest and freshest pieces.

2. Elevate your bread, so it gains air and gains more of a softer more tasty feel.

3. Insert your bread ino the toaster HORIZONTALLY at all costs make sure that the bread i fully submerged in the toaster toasting bay.

4. Turn heat to '3'. At this setting, the toast is not undercooked nor over cooked, its perfect.

5. Prepare the butter + spread for the climax of the cooking. Also, make sure you have a plate handy.

6. Once the toast has popped, add the butter, which you should have left out of the bridge so it is soft, and will not tear the bread.

7. Lovingly add your topping, not too much, just the right amount

8. Continue to eat how you like it. I personally make a sandwich out of mine.

ill add pics later.

Recipe for dodging homework

See above.

Last edited by pers0nah (2007-02-24 05:58:59)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6568|Global Command
Ribeye steak and Layered Shells Florentine

Take a medium yelloe onion and slice 1/4 " slices. Place these in a small bowl and cover with red wine to soak. Peel and skin a garlic clove, place the peeled pieces in a small strip of tin foil. Apply a little olive oil and black pepper and close the packet, set aside.

Place the steak on a plate at room temperature. Sprinkle  cracked black pepper and salt onto both sides of the steak, no other sauce or marinade should be used but salt and pepper. Set aside.

Prepare pasta;
1 1/4 cups frozen chopped spinach (10 oz. pkg.), thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup part-skim Ricotta
OR
1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
OR
Egg substitute equivalent
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese (3 oz.), divided
3 cups shell macaroni (8 oz.), uncooked
1 27 1/2-ounce jar Ragú Light Pasta Sauce — Tomato and Herb
1.    In large bowl, stir together spinach, Ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese.

2.    Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.

3.    Toss hot pasta with 2 1/2 cups pasta sauce. In 11 × 7-inch baking dish, spread one-half pasta mixture. Layer spinach mixture evenly over pasta; cover with remaining pasta. Spread remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese.

4.    Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

When there are only 15 minutes left on the noodles go ahead and crank up the broiler on your oven and put the garlic packet in next to the noodles . I make a tray out of tin foil so as to avoid the mess. I put the marinaded onion down first and cover it with the steak. I broil the first side until it is beginning to burn with the door closed ( sears one side, locked in flavor ) and then broil the other side with the broiler door open.

Done right, the steak is as tender as you can imagine, the marinaded onion and garlic almost negates any need for steak sauce. I might have green beans as a side dish and perhaps a bagette.

Goes best with red wine, a 2002 Napa Merlot perhaps.

* ketsup on steak should be considered a capital crime.

Last edited by ATG (2007-02-24 07:24:20)

chrissy1668
+3|6641
garlic mayo dip

4 or 5 tablespoons of hellmanns mayo
dried garlic granules
dried finely chopped parsley

METHOD

Put the mayo in a bowl (got to be hellmanns mayo) then gradually sprinkle on the garlic and parsley mixing well tasting as you go , add as much garlic and parsley to suit your own taste.

its lovely and goes with anything, goes down well at bbqs and with salads, pitta bread, onion rings, chicken ect

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard