David.P
Banned
+649|6275
Are'nt you guys sick and tired of being called Non team Players? I am Everytime i snipe and get a really good score on the server(2nd,3rd, or 4th place) Next round people always harass me about being a noob who cant fight and has to snipe to get points. It pisses me off!

I was kicked so many times from a squad just for being a sniper. In karkand I was mec had my freakin svd found a nice place on top of the square started putting down the americans, Asked the stupid squadleader if he needed any cover and boom got kicked that Sonnavabitch locked the squad and said he does'nt want anybody who is'nt a team player that means snipers!

In Mash I was playing as a sniper and got temp banned for 24 hours, It said i was disturbing gameplay how? Later i found out sniping is not allowed. A ranked server that does'nt allow sniping wtf? Why the hell is it ranked it goes against the BFROE!

On the RH clan server they have rules against rape i know that but wtf! i got kicked for raping when i was owning them on the northbridge with the svd , I was killing all the people on the bridge got kicked for rape I did'nt shoot once into the uncap all my kills we're on the bridge even one of the admins said that bridge does'nt count as part of the base.

In Wake the Chinese got pissed since i was'nt allowing any of them to take off with j-10 in the air i killed the admin 3 times in a row and he kicked me! That Bastard said i was being a smacktard! Asked how got temp banned for 48 hours.

Warlord i'm Insurgents i got the .50 cal and i am killing all of the S.A.S. in the plaza with headshots some asshole calls me a hacker and i get kicked.(He was a clan member i cant remember what they we're called it began with L)

Finally i'm sorry for sounding like a whiny noob who only knows one kit(I love Assault and Engineer)but us snipers face so much discrimination from so many people we're called noobs, hackers, Hell i've even been called a f****n Polack on one server. I'm sick of it noone ever gives us credit when it's due there have been so many times i helped turn a round around with my shooting.(I know i'm not as good as some of you but i'm getting there)
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
As a sniper, you'll face this alot. Don't worry about it.

Seriously. Ignore them. Play like you normall do.
Lasdferret
+16|6485
Its going to happen with any kit, just live with it. No matter what kit, I've even been whined at because I used the assault kit. Just remember, you're almost always in the right. Whiny idiots will whine.
JG1567JG
+110|6589|United States of America
I don't mind snipers, I just hate when over half my team is snipers trying to cap flags against a bunch of enemy infantry.
I myself prefer to have one sniper in my squad if Im SL.  If they are in my squad I want them to move with the squad to a certain extent so they can provide some cover but mainly spot for the squad.  When I am SL I will usally go with what kit the squad needs.  Medic or Support but if they are coverd then I like to be a sniper as SL since you should somewhat stay back to provide a spawnpoint and you can still engage in the battle from a distance.  If you have a squad full of medics and support is covered then you might as well become a medic since the squad will probably move too fast for a sniper to take up position.

Like the two guys befor me said Ignore them and play what you have fun playing.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-02-22 18:45:59)

TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6674

David.Podedworny wrote:

In Mash I was playing as a sniper and got temp banned for 24 hours, It said i was disturbing gameplay how? Later i found out sniping is not allowed. A ranked server that does'nt allow sniping wtf? Why the hell is it ranked it goes against the BFROE!
Sn][per clan server right? I got on their server for the first and last time yesterday. That is one effed up server with effed up rules. I got kicked for taking a flag, and "crossing the ravine" on Dragon. Will report to BFROE and I suggest you do the same.

/On topic:

Snipers are team players. They are good at defending flags and keeping heads down which is invaluable to a team's success.
montypythizzle
+21|6604

JG1567JG wrote:

I don't mind snipers, I just hate when over half my team is snipers trying to cap flags against a bunch of enemy infantry.
I myself prefer to have one sniper in my squad if Im SL.  If they are in my squad I want them to move with the squad to a certain extent so they can provide some cover but mainly spot for the squad.  When I am SL I will usally go with what kit the squad needs.  Medic or Support but if they are coverd then I like to be a sniper as SL since you should somewhat stay back to provide a spawnpoint and you can still engage in the battle from a distance.  If you have a squad full of medics and support is covered then you might as well become a medic since the squad will probably move too fast for a sniper to take up position.

but the sniper has to be good liek DUH
JG1567JG

TechGuy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Sn][per clan server right? I got on their server for the first and last time yesterday. That is one effed up server with effed up rules. I got kicked for taking a flag, and "crossing the ravine" on Dragon. Will report to BFROE and I suggest you do the same.

/On topic:

Snipers are team players. They are good at defending flags and keeping heads down which is invaluable to a team's success.
Why report that server the rules are simple. Sniper only and dont cross the water or ravines.  All they do on that server is snipe. No flag capping and no medics.  Hell they even let you be commander they just don't want you using the UAV.  I for one don't like that style of gameplay since it is too slow for me so I go on to another server and let them people play like they want to play.  You got kicked for breaking their rules.  I got kicked the first time I got on that server for crossing the water on Dragon Valley.  I rejoined and asked why and they told me what was up and that was that.  I play a few more rounds and got bored.  The people that play on that server don't score very high points at all so they are not messing with anyones prescious stats.
JG1567JG

montypythizzle wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

What are you talking about?
TuataraDude
+115|6523|Aotearoa
Wow! This is going to sound a little lame, but I wish I got kicked for being such a good sniper. Yes, it would annoy the hell out of me, but take it as a compliment man. With those sniper stats, you're bound to irritate lesser players. If you ever play on a Kiwi server, you can be in our squad any time.
killaer
+41|6719
Snipers aren't really team players, and I myself do some sniping when I'm in the mood. Basically when you're a sniper, you're going for kills and kills only. Yes, you can see that as helping your team, but by "You're not a team player" I think they mean that you're not on the front lines fighting and capping flags, but instead just hanging back. Sure, you help the team, but that still might not mean you're a teamplayer.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6744|Backward Ass Kansas
Whichever kit I play I always play very aggressive and this means sniper too.  I capped an entire squad on Sharqi charging the TV station with sniper kit and that is one of my most memorable BF2 moments. I was right in front of the AA and I see them coming through the hole in the fence in between me and the construction site. Snipe 2, grenade 2. Hit another with sniper and finish him with pistol. First guy i killed re-spawn as the remainder charge. Toss clays over the wall 2 more.  Reload and waste the last dude as he gets to the top of the stairs.  I would have paid cash to have the battle-recorder file but it was not on.

I don't hesitate one bit to charge and cap a flag as sniper.  I agree the sniper is a great kit for squad leader, you can save their asses, giving them excellent cover, and staying back to let them spawn if your not feeling greedy.

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2007-02-22 19:22:07)

David.P
Banned
+649|6275

BigmacK wrote:

Thanks alot man i feel a bit better knowing i aint alone.

Lasdferret wrote:

Its going to happen with any kit, just live with it. No matter what kit, I've even been whined at because I used the assault kit. Just remember, you're almost always in the right. Whiny idiots will whine.
Really? So if i use shotty too much they gonna call me a shotty whore like in cod2?

JG1567JG wrote:

That is true you dont know how many noobs think they can snipe.(Yesterday i killed 15 snipers with the m95 all headshots each one of them was below a corporal)

TechGuy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

I think so man do they call out random rules at any time? And is their one guy named bwul or something like that?

TechGuy wrote:

/On topic:

That is the best news i have heard all day.

TuataraDude wrote:

Wow! This is going to sound a little lame, but I wish I got kicked for being such a good sniper. Yes, it would annoy the hell out of me, but take it as a compliment man. With those sniper stats, you're bound to irritate lesser players. If you ever play on a Kiwi server, you can be in our squad any time.
51% accuracy is really bad for me and thats only because i used to use the svd alot now i'm strictly bolt action(90% more headshots) If you do wanna get your aim up do what i did use the  ironsight weapons believe me sniping with scopeless weapons will greatly improve your aim and you'll get up to my accuracy.(Or better)

Well thx guys for the responses i did'nt expect them so quick.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6641|Your moms bedroom
i defend flags as a sniper and wait for some lone wolf in I/O to try and cap the flag. sometimes, all the flags are captured except for the one i am defending (any doubt as to why that is?) If my claymores dont kill them, my bullet will. If i notice that everyone on my team is a sniper ill try to switch teams, because that pisses me off and really sucks cause no one goes to cap flags and 90 % of the time the team with the most snipers will lose.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6460|behind my rifle

BigmacK wrote:

yeah... what he said. go to the server =WTC=, just type that in for the server filter, and they have a good, shaqri/karkand IO server, no noobs or sniper haters. o or stop by at our server, wake 24/7 ip is: 193.93.45.204

Last edited by 11sog_raider (2007-02-22 19:30:39)

BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
The Sniper kit may not be able to actually go to the front lines to cap flags or what not, but nonetheless still a valuable asset (normally I create a custom squad just for sniping) in taking out support/assault infantry or other snipers.

Snipers are also good at defending or attacking flags. See the guy coming to cap your flag ? Headshot him or just claymore the path to your flag.

You see a guy using the stationary LMG or Ground Defense,  of course you slaughter him to clear the way for your teammates !

Edit : BTW, nice sniper stats !

Last edited by BakaBakaNeko2 (2007-02-22 19:43:39)

Superglueman
+21|6361|The Great South Land
Sometimes i dont like snipers, but.....

I was in Wake last night, heading towards captured Beach from Airfield, i came across a guy mid way,he took me by surprise but i got him.
Then another guy steps out of nowhere and starts firing. At this point i was low on health and another volley and id be down. Just as i was trying to reaim to shoot the guy, he gets sniped from behind me...headshot.   Saved me....i said thanks and moved on.

Snipers who can seriously cover teammates moving towards the enemy are invaluble...guys who camp off in the distance for safety and hit nothing are not...

Be the former, not the latter....
jimbo21
+11|6653
people get killed by snipers----people get piseed off at snipers for killing them------therefore people hate snipers!!!!!
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

killaer wrote:

Snipers aren't really team players. Sure, you help the team, but that still might not mean you're a teamplayer.
You brought me down but i know what you mean alot of snipers only care about kills i used to aswell(Hell i still do if the team are pissing me off or if they act like noobs then i ignore them) Btw i know a nice saying about the true meaning of a sniper.

"It's not how many enemy's you kill, It's how many teammates you save"

An old friend told me that one.
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

Locoloki wrote:

i defend flags as a sniper and wait for some lone wolf in I/O to try and cap the flag. sometimes, all the flags are captured except for the one i am defending (any doubt as to why that is?) If my claymores dont kill them, my bullet will. If i notice that everyone on my team is a sniper ill try to switch teams, because that pisses me off and really sucks cause no one goes to cap flags and 90 % of the time the team with the most snipers will lose.
Same here recall how many times my L96 saved my team.

11sog_raider wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

yeah... what he said. go to the server =WTC=, just type that in for the server filter, and they have a good, shaqri/karkand IO server, no noobs or sniper haters. o or stop by at our server, wake 24/7 ip is: 193.93.45.204
I'll check it out thx alot man.

BakaBakaNeko2 wrote:

The Sniper kit may not be able to actually go to the front lines to cap flags or what not, but nonetheless still a valuable asset (normally I create a custom squad just for sniping) in taking out support/assault infantry or other snipers.

Snipers are also good at defending or attacking flags. See the guy coming to cap your flag ? Headshot him or just claymore the path to your flag.

You see a guy using the stationary LMG or Ground Defense,  of course you slaughter him to clear the way for your teammates !

Edit : BTW, nice sniper stats !
Thats true i love killing stationary gunner with the m95 it just feels good. Oh and thank you i did'nt really think my sniper stats we're that good.

Superglueman wrote:

Sometimes i dont like snipers, but.....

I was in Wake last night, heading towards captured Beach from Airfield, i came across a guy mid way,he took me by surprise but i got him.
Then another guy steps out of nowhere and starts firing. At this point i was low on health and another volley and id be down. Just as i was trying to reaim to shoot the guy, he gets sniped from behind me...headshot.   Saved me....i said thanks and moved on.

Snipers who can seriously cover teammates moving towards the enemy are invaluble...guys who camp off in the distance for safety and hit nothing are not...

Be the former, not the latter....
Funny i think i know who your talking about, was it insomnia wake? I got saved 3 times by the same guy last night.(Acz.idk or something like that is his name, i'm sorry i'm so bad with names)

jimbo21 wrote:

people get killed by snipers----people get piseed off at snipers for killing them------therefore people hate snipers!!!!!
True true i hate it when i'm zig zagging and the guy still kils me with aheadshot.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6332|teh alien spaceshit
Snipers are a part of the game.
Plus, snipers can be a team player.
With a SVD, I always support my squad at a distance of 5 to 90 yards in Karkland.
Once, I killed an assult with a svd 5 yards away.
To show that you are a team player, why don't you occasionally spot enemies for your team?
You don't akways have to hit the guy, especially with a semi- auto.
Just scare him by rapid firing at close ranges.

Last edited by thtthht (2007-02-22 20:27:19)

montypythizzle
+21|6604

JG1567JG wrote:

montypythizzle wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

What are you talking about?
you will have to run around as medic the whole time reviving him
i am a so.so sniper i used to suck at sniping now im not that bad
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
Why do snipers face that crap you ask?

Because 99.9% of snipers are shit at what they do and are a waste of a slot.  Sniper like you (who, if you are telling the truth) can get 2nd place IAR by only sniping, are VERY rare.

You are just unfortunately good at a kit that almost no one can use effectively, and is the kit of choice for n00bs
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality

TechGuy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

/On topic:

They have been reported MANY MANY times.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
devildogfo
+32|6324|Camp Lejeune
Heh, kind of funny that sniping was controversial for most of the 20th century too.

Agreed, nothing wrong with sniping (as you can see from my stats ). A good sniper is extremely effective when employed correctly. A bad sniper, well, waste of manpower.
Manders01
+1|6585|Reno, Nevada

TechGuy wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

/On topic:

TechGuy, I am a regular on the Sn][per server and am in fact a member of the group. The rules for the server are always scrolling and are clearly stated in the loading screen. If you do not like the rules, please feel free to play on any of the other servers out there. If your so inclined, log onto the forums and discuss it with the staff, or try our other non-sniping server. 99% of the time there is an admin on and as long as you are not behaving like a dolt, things can normally be ironed out.

I guess in the end, if you feel you must go whining to bfroe, whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

As for snipers being hated, I think it all comes down to the vast majority who have'nt a clue how to play the kit that give the really good snipers a bad rap. Just play on and have fun with it. If they think snipers suck ass, put one between their eyes. ;-)

Peace out,

Sn][per Manders01

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard