ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6646
Just for the fun of it, like when your bored and have nothing to do? I was thinking about writing a story about BF2, don't know how it will turn out, but it's worth a shot.
TheOriginalUberN00b
+16|6492|Hereford,AZ. USA
i have once
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6486|Somewhere else

Several.  All of them were "true" personal stories.  things to get my friends to laugh at.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6548|Texas - Bigger than France
I used to write daily and have three unfinished books/stories.  Unfortunately life got in the way.

Elmore Leonard, a crime genre writer (some books went to movies - Get Shorty, Out of Sight, 52 Pickup), came to visit my journalism professor in college and spoke to my class.  At the time I was attempting to publish some short stories so I got invited to lunch with him.  Great guy - basically said you only need interesting and deep character development, and the story takes care of itself.  You have to write daily - his goal is to at least write one page per day.
http://www.elmoreleonard.com/

I also bumped into Anne Rice at a po-boy joint in New Orleans and asked her the same kind of questions.  She said the middle is the hard part - the beginning and the end are easy - you know the players but you have to travel a long way to get there.

If you are really serious about writing, I think the best way to get feedback is to blog your writing daily.  Then you'll get tips whether you like it or not.  I'd use a pseudonym if you plan to promote to publishers - its too easy for them to do a websearch and read the "crap" you usually produce.

Last edited by Pug (2007-02-22 18:09:29)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
I've got a few short stories and two attempts at novels.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
My friend writes about everything he can. lol. I could never really get into it. I'm better with movies.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida
Once apon a time i wrote my very first story, the end

Yepp, ive wrote my own story
15 more years! 15 more years!
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6665|South West England
I have writing 3, albeit personal accounts, not fiction

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard