Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6690|Belgium

usmarine2007 wrote:

Hitler ideology is the same as the terrorists isn't it?  Kill Jews and people who do not fit your mold and follow what you say to the letter.  Sounds the same to me.
Actually, usmarine2007 is correct in comparing Hitler and his Nazi's to the actual terrorist problem, but he does not seem to understand why, which is why this argument fails.

The major reason why Hitler rose to power in 1933 can be found in the peace treaties after WWI and the fact Germany had to pay enormous amounts in damages which resulted in huge debts.

After the war, the allies imposed a series of peace treaties on the defeated Central Powers. The 1919 Versailles Treaty ended the war with Germany. Germany was kept under a food blockade until it signed the treaty, which declared that Germany (and Austria) were responsible for the war and therefore had to pay all its costs. The treaty required Germany to pay enormous annual cash reparations, based on factors including the value of a soldier's life, which it did by borrowing from the United States, until reparations were suspended in 1931. The “Guilt Thesis” became controversial in Britain and the United States. It caused enormous bitterness in Germany, which nationalist movements, especially the Nazis, exploited in the 1920s. (See Dolchstosslegende). Due to this treaty, one of the worst economic collapses in history took place in Germany, resulting in widespread famine, and inflation.

Without these huge debts, it is very unlikely there would have been one of the worst economic collapses in history in Germany, and the rise of Hitler might not have taken place. Same situation today in the ME, especially in Palestine.

BTW, isn't it ironic that Germany, being forced to pay damages, had to loan that money from the US? In a way, you can argue that the US was responsible for the rise of Hitler, and therefore for the WWII.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6381|Columbus, Ohio

Pierre wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Hitler ideology is the same as the terrorists isn't it?  Kill Jews and people who do not fit your mold and follow what you say to the letter.  Sounds the same to me.
Actually, usmarine2007 is correct in comparing Hitler and his Nazi's to the actual terrorist problem, but he does not seem to understand why, which is why this argument fails.
Just because I do not type it all out, does not mean I do not understand.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-23 11:01:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard