Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio
Working on a new BF 2142 theme for frontpage. It's not done yet, but wanted to see what te community thought about it.

Comments welcomed.

http://www.themekings.com/samples/2142demo2007.htm
Pikez_Spudz
+0|6569|Singapore
i think that looks pretty cool, are you still doing more work on it?
Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio
Yep, gotta do the borders next, then its time to slice it up and add the flash navs and banners to make everything function.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6658|Hong Kong
Yikes.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

As a professional designer I grant myself the right to comment on your work.

Many graphics, but overall to light for a good 2142 theme. 2142 Has an overall darker appearance, more brushed metal and more angular. Also, you have way to much graphic work, and to short of space for actuall information.

Im sorry to say that the theme looks more like a pimped up radio in a car than a 2142 themed website.

But hey, that is just my opinion. And hey, I just make my living with doing this stuff, so who am I to comment.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6742|St. Andrews / Oslo

Bernadictus is a nub. Don't listen to him
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Icleos
+101|6752
I'll be straight forward and blunt...
Coming from styling templates and understanding forum design in PHPBB/PHPnuke/mySQL this is something that I would see as one of those cheep templates that could be purchased for $10.  The graphics need an overhaul.  Flash and FrontPage alone aren’t going to get you far in graphics.  Plus FrontPage is an easy made software designed for those who want to just make a website without knowledge of coding.

If you need help with graphics I would recommend cropping the graphics and improvising from the actual game directory.  You can get all the graphics you need to manipulate and preserve the look of BF2142.
Take the GUI background from the Main Menu of BF2142, redesign it from scratch, and use flash to create an environment that will simulate the GUI.

Last edited by Icleos (2007-02-22 11:32:13)

Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio
I appreciate all the inputs thus far. Hey, didnt say it was perfect so I wanted input.

As to the funtionality of the template, it will superceed those who think it's a potential cheap template. I have a strong Background in PHP, Pearl, MySql etc.. so its funtion will can be a cross between a PHP-Nuke site and a innocent FP Theme. Add a shoutbox, complex nav system, glowing light effect, mp3 player etc.. etc... and this could be a sweet theme. Again, not the best, but one someone could appreciate.

Not wanting to mock the bf2142 site too much, but that could be a idea for the next one. Hum we'll see.

Thx again. I appreciate all the input. Positive and negative.

Opps I failed to mention that the tools used to design so far have been Fireworks 8 and PS CS2. (Graphics)

Last edited by Deadstick (2007-02-22 18:54:27)

anuban
+3|6360
I'll agree that the site needs a little work, but, Bernadictus WOW!  Sounds like somebody shoved a corncob up his @$$!!!  Settle down man, the guy was just asking for some input!
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6647|Wigan. Manchester. England.
And he got input?

Its a nice looking site really, in a way it does look 2142ish. But not "Battlefield 2142ish" If you catch my drift?

My props to ya man i like it.
kachunkachunk
+8|6399|Ontario
I have to disagree on Benadictus having buttplugs inserted... that's pretty valuable and free advice that some people actually pay for these days.
fasty77killa
+2|6537|Omaha NE
i thnk websites should the need of the user or person who wants to use it
if you ;like it man use it
i am also a network manager and have built some personal and business websites
it is all about what you want it to do

good coding
Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio

kachunkachunk wrote:

I have to disagree on Benadictus having buttplugs inserted... that's pretty valuable and free advice that some people actually pay for these days.
I second that, thats why I came here to get these opinions. I've already made a few tweaks.... I'll post a link later once all the coding is finished. May be a few days if not a week.
Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio
MP3 PLayer Preview:

I only have 1 song for now, its just a demo anyway but it will give ya an idea as to how it will work.

http://www.themekings.com/themes/gamers/2142/demo.htm

Last edited by Deadstick (2007-02-25 06:33:02)

Janysc
+59|6693|Norway

Deadstick wrote:

MP3 PLayer Preview:

I only have 1 song for now, its just a demo anyway but it will give ya an idea as to how it will work.

Why that painful song...? I'm meeeltiiing...!

Seriously though, seems okay to me. If only it looked more like BF2142.
Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio
I've since made some changes to the entire theme to bring the game more into the theme. Should be ready for release within a week. TY!

BTW, yeah I know the song kinda sucks.... hehe  I did add another song to the playlist though. ENJOY!
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6484|Belgium
I like the genral lay out butt the wirish things (wire) seem a bit out of place IMO but still great
ReDevilJR
+106|6361

Deadstick wrote:

MP3 PLayer Preview:

Maybe an old command and conquer theme would sound good for the music player, perhaps Hell March, HM2, Or Stomp, if you need any .mp3 downloads for those songs, just ask, I'll send them over!
Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio
KiLLMasTer
+3|6791|West Va (USA)
Looks very good....
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6630|Mhz

Only 2 things are a) the mp3 player has no volume and with my speakers I think I just woke up the entire house lol, and b) the pic at the bottom just doesn't look right, the orange 2142 guy, give it a blue tinge so it fits in more, same goes for some of the other images too.
Deadstick
Banned
+10|6465|Ohio
I agree, working on it....   TY!
kachunkachunk
+8|6399|Ontario
I just wanted to say that you're doing well taking advice from others without getting offended. Keep up the good work!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6630|Mhz

Another thing that might or might not look better is on the top banner, try giving it a light brushed steel effect.

light - dark grey gradient add some noise to it then do a heavy motion blur over it. do it over sized and crop it where it looks good, dunno why I'm telling you this you will already know lol.

https://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5274/egwc9.jpg <-- like that but not rushed, less harsh on the streaks and with the lighting in the right place lol, but you get the idea.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-02-25 16:52:43)

Pvt.Kosak
+125|6596
Nice Layout.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard