Fredline
+13|6620|Seattle, WA
I was curious how many people use the MEC Voice as opposed to the American Voice while being on the MEC side.
I tried using the American Voice for both but would get confused as to weather it was a teammate approaching or the enemy.
Also, is that real Arabic the MEC is using or just made up gibberish?
Because it sounds to me like they're saying "Sugar in your bottom" when they say "Thank You" and "Hey young fella!" when saying "We Need reinforcements". (kinda ghey)
Was Dice just being humorous? What do you guys hear? :p
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
Throughout all of the battlefield games ive owned and played (all of them) i have always kept the default voices on.  Why you ask?  For effect.  The game lacks realisim as it is and i like to have some slight variety when i play on the different sides.  Oh and it is also funny to see the entire chinese army speaking  perfect english
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6479
You can change the voice to English if you are a mec????? Why don't people tell me these things. To think I learned Arabic gibberish for nothing.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6438
You can change it so that all countries speak english.  It helps out in situations where you don't really have time to read the side of the screen.  It sucks in situations where a dude comes running at you saying enemy spotted, and you're the enemy.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6581|Melbourne, Australia.
no, i'm used to the MEC voice and knows what its saying . its easier to know where the enemy is too ;D
Commie Killer
+192|6387
Yeah its all real Arabic, though sometimes it doesnt match because they dont have phrases/words for that verse in English(example, "We need reinforcements, over" is translated to "Help needed here" or something close to that in Arabic.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
Another reason i keep the voices at default is because if im on the MEC team, and i hear someone say "grenade!" and not "durka durka mohammad jihad" i know to run away fromt hat area as fast as my pudgy little legs will take me.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6470
after so many hours of playing, u can easily tell when a mec says i need a medic or w/e.  and this way u can tell whos on ur side around a corner or in a building where u can hear em talking but cant tell by the radar if its friend or foe
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6696|South Africa
For effect

Also, X-Fi = hear most things so "First Aid Here" and "Koombala" help a shitload.
r00ts
xD
+81|6542|Netherlands
MEC voice ofcourse, mainly cos you can hear the enemy saying stuff.
And i almost understand all the MEC so thats no problem for me

Also, is that real Arabic the MEC is using or just made up gibberish?
I'm wondering that too

Last edited by r00ts (2007-02-21 12:55:48)

Fredline
+13|6620|Seattle, WA

norge wrote:

after so many hours of playing, u can easily tell when a mec says i need a medic or w/e.  and this way u can tell whos on ur side around a corner or in a building where u can hear em talking but cant tell by the radar if its friend or foe
Exactly!
r00ts
xD
+81|6542|Netherlands

Fredline wrote:

norge wrote:

Exactly!
Exactly Exactly!
lol @ your karma
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

I use the default voices because you can hear the other teams voices yelling various things, thus, getting the jump on them. 
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6479|Sheffield-England
The commander to me sounds like....
"La Tachtical Fighter A Lashta Migor!"
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Because then I know when to take cover.

QUMBULA!
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6618|InGerLand
keep them on always good to the different languages screech at each other when nading in karkand
"HSJFHFFFHS!!!" yay
"SHFJAFSHSJ!!!" yay
"AHHSHDFHF!!!" yay
"MEEEDIIIICCC!!!" ya-oh...i bet he punishes for that...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere
US voice, because i'm just more comfortable with that

i'm just not into putting in the small effort that you'd need to memorize the MEC/Chinese voices to what they mean
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6402|dm_maidenhead
I don't know what it is. But on one of the voice clips it sounds like "anal must have" It might be I need a medic, but I can't remember. It's funny though.
Leataher_Nuts73
+4|6428
I know that Shokran means Thank You in Arabic..but that's cuz I went to Egypt last year....It's actually a very beautiful language if you get to know it..not that I do or anything...

Araka
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6371|Pittsburgh, PA USA
If I'm US & someone throws a grenade & it sounds like "grenade" I know he's not throwing it at me, but if i hear "AmarAkbar" or whatever I know I probably need to move.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
haha
thank you = shukran.

MagikTrik wrote:

If I'm US & someone throws a grenade & it sounds like "grenade" I know he's not throwing it at me, but if i hear "AmarAkbar" or whatever I know I probably need to move.
kumbale

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-02-21 14:44:13)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522
the chinese language for bf2 owns. i learned all the mec shit a while ago and in the past few months i feel im pretty comfortable knowing all the chinese talk also.
edit: am i the only one who thinks the mec nade is "poompoola"

Last edited by =]-[f= ig88 (2007-02-21 14:45:53)

aLeX
.?
+160|6331|:D

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Another reason i keep the voices at default is because if im on the MEC team, and i hear someone say "grenade!" and not "durka durka mohammad jihad" i know to run away from that area as fast as my pudgy little legs will take me.
Lmao + 1 for that

petermassingale wrote:

On one of the voice clips it sounds like "anal must have"
Personally it sounds to me like "anal moustache" Although the definition of an anal moustache is beyond me.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6676|respawn screen

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

edit: am i the only one who thinks the mec nade is "poompoola"
No, me too.

Am I the only one who thinks the spetz commander sounds like pope johannes paul 2nd?
Ghost_of_Viking
+11|6481
mousef!!!

apc sounds kinda fancy in mecish

sniper kind of soudns like "oh no!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard