Poll

Is it forbidden to switch seats in a helicopter???

Total: 0
ssonrats
+221|6695

SargeV1.4 wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

It's harder to solo. You have no advantages doing it. Whining about it means you cannot defend yourself against an opponent over which you have an advantage. In other words, you are looking for an excuse to blame your death on.
Wrong,

50% of pilots are useless, don't point you at aa, ignore chopper spotted, don't evade tv's and some even try to cap flags sometimes.

In the rare event that you get a good pilot, yes, you will have a huge advantage but soloing means you have 100% control over the helicopter.
Your inability to think about what I said seriously scares me. How can you actually consider that a valid arguement? Of course your advantage if you're flying with mr. X the nub is going to go away, but a solo pilot has no advantages over a chopper CREW.

Well, actually, there is one which is that a solo pilot cannot go wrong in communications, but towards the higher end of the learning curve this goes away, which is where solo'ing lies anyway.
It's a valid arguement because you said "It's harder to solo. You have no advantage doing it." Untrue, in some cases as stated in my post, a decent soloist will beat an average team every time.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6800|the middle of nowhere
No.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6488

ssonrats wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

Wrong,

50% of pilots are useless, don't point you at aa, ignore chopper spotted, don't evade tv's and some even try to cap flags sometimes.

In the rare event that you get a good pilot, yes, you will have a huge advantage but soloing means you have 100% control over the helicopter.
Your inability to think about what I said seriously scares me. How can you actually consider that a valid arguement? Of course your advantage if you're flying with mr. X the nub is going to go away, but a solo pilot has no advantages over a chopper CREW.

Well, actually, there is one which is that a solo pilot cannot go wrong in communications, but towards the higher end of the learning curve this goes away, which is where solo'ing lies anyway.
It's a valid arguement because you said "It's harder to solo. You have no advantage doing it." Untrue, in some cases as stated in my post, a decent soloist will beat an average team every time.
Lmfao ummm...logic?
Ok, so there is no advantage to soloing, unless you're better than the both of them.  Then you have an advantage..  WTF does that have to do with soloing?  If you're better, you're better.  It has nothing to do with soloing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6821|PNW

too_money2007 wrote:

Is it: No.
Should it be: No.

If DICE didn't want us to do it, they would've coded it into the game preventing us from doing so. A skilled soloer is by far the single greatest asset to a team. If the choppers still had 14 side rockets, our role would be imeasureable. The ability to minigun ground soldiers, rocket/tv tanks/vehicles, and tv helos/jets makes it the ultimate vehicle. The cobra owns you all. And more importantly, I own you all in the cobra.
They sort of did. The chopper will start spinning violently, but not fast enough to stop quick hopping.

I don't see any problem with it, but it sort of gets lame when you're fighting a guy who just does that for every single shot. Funny when your minirockets kill him anyway.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6640|Your attic
Unless it's also "illegal" to solo a tank, then no, solo'ing is fine.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6528|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Is it: No
Should it be: Yes
Will it be: No

I've been flying Battlefield Choppers (hence the name Nightstalker) since Desert Combat, and always with a gunner.  Because of this, I consider myself a Veteran.  I got BF2 shortly after it came out, and I refuse to play it now because of what it's become.  Back when it took 10,000 points to Reach CORPORAL, a lot less people played for points, there were less people, and they all had a better attitude.  Hell, Karkand was even fun back then (Which is why it is my most played map on the all-important Stat page).  I had a clanmate who served as my gunner, and we could go toe-to-toe with any other opposing Chopper team out there.  There was no such thing as Soloists.  A victory in a Chopper duel felt like a personal triumph, and they almost always ended with "nice Duel" "Good Shot" etc...  Then a whole flood of people took the game, and it became all about the almight Point.  Pilots leaving others stranded on the Deck, a sudden dropoff of VOIP and text use (except as insults), and a much more individual oriented game.  That's why I left, because it stopped being fun, and became Counterstrike with Tanks.

I tried to adapt with the crowd, but in the end it just wasn't worth it.  I knew if I was killed by a pair in a gunship that teamwork was involved, and that said team would go and attack my Ground Forces and Help their own team out.  Now it's ZOMG RAPE TEH CARRIER FOR TEH POINTS LOL!  IMA REDLINE YOU! GTFO MY CHAWPER.

Whatever happened to the good old days?

On a completely random note, let's see you guys pull this off.  Landing an Apache on a FLYING AC-130:
https://img463.imageshack.us/img463/8058/screenshot1vn0.jpg
It may not look like it, but I stayed on for a good 10 seconds, and it would have been longer if the pilot had been flying Level.  If you don't believe me, look at the clipping of the rocket pod into the Fuselage.  I was on there, and I got more screenshots.
fibtech
+10|6324

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Is it?  No.
Should it?  Yes.   Helos are more effective with 2 people....I don't care how good you are doing solo TVing.
There's nothing worse then picking up someone who yells " Hey I need a ride", only to find that they fire the TV missiles towards no apparent target, or rattle off machine gun fire because the sound is fascinating to them.  Believe it or not some guys are still surprised to learn that those missiles are "steerable".  Teamwork is always mentioned whenever this subject is brought up and I can honestly say that when I'm playing infantry, I want my teams chopper to take out the armor or attack chopper from the opposing team.  I don't care how many guys are in it.  I always laugh at the babies who call seat switching "glitching".  As if someone made a mistake in coding the game and didn't realize it.  It's part of the game.  Get over it.

No-It's not Illegal
No-It shouldn't be illegal
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6836|Bulgaria
Of course it's NOT forbidden!
But I still hate it, it's some kind of exploit, but only a skilled heli pilot (not me, that is) can make use of it.
So, if you can - do it.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6745|South Africa
I don't get it.

EG: If someone runs at you from 100meters with a knife and you don't shoot them, they knife you, is it an exploit?!?!?!? Is it forbidden??!?!?! Should it get you banned?!!?!?!?!

No! its your fault for not taking advantage of the situation. FFS.

As mentioned above : "If you can - do it"
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6671|Gold coast, Aus.

=*RSA*=SiKFuK_187 wrote:

IS IT? NO! SHOULD IT? NO!

fasty77killa wrote:

Helos are more effective with 2 people
Looking at your stats, I wouldn't let you gun for me. In fact, I will OB you and and keep on you shooting your corpse (WITH MY ROCKETS) till I finally pass out from LOL.....
I have a 2.1 KDR with choppers. Would you let me in?

Probably not. Fact is gl finding a better gunner then me on a pub server. I have a low chopper KDR because i pilot more then i gun. Many rounds i end up 0-4 or something, more if we get base raped ect. But my gunner will be on 50-4.

Stats are a horrible way to depict someones skill.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6681|Finland

gene_pool wrote:

I have a 2.1 KDR with choppers. Would you let me in?

Probably not. Fact is gl finding a better gunner then me on a pub server. I have a low chopper KDR because i pilot more then i gun. Many rounds i end up 0-4 or something, more if we get base raped ect. But my gunner will be on 50-4.

Stats are a horrible way to depict someones skill.
So true.

My KDR in a chopper is 1.3.. But on the other hand 8,159 driver points should say something.
I need around tree fiddy.
Pikez_Spudz
+0|6609|Singapore
its probably better to just have two people in it in the first place, but as long as you can control it with one person, i dont see why not
ssonrats
+221|6695

oChaos.Haze wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Lmfao ummm...logic?
Ok, so there is no advantage to soloing, unless you're better than the both of them.  Then you have an advantage..  WTF does that have to do with soloing?  If you're better, you're better.  It has nothing to do with soloing.
What the fuck are you talking about? You've lost me :S.

You just said there is no advantage to soloing, there is as i have stated twice now, given the right situation, i'd rather solo, most teams suck that i play against, easy pickings.

Last edited by ssonrats (2007-02-22 02:09:40)

Drexel
+43|6526|Philadelphia
My opinion is this:

EA shouldn't ban it, rather, make the chopper go in random, more quick movements instead of the constant slow circle that it is now.  If the chopper sometimes spins right, and then next does a nose dive, then those solo fliers would have a much harder time doing it.  If they can still do it even with the faster spins and random directions, go for it.

As for now, I am a believer that solo choppers aren't doing as much as they could be.  I don't solo, even though I'm quite good at it.  I rather go around helping others in my clan get their helo badges instead.  (Plus for some medals I'm gunning for needs a bunch of kill assists)

gene_pool wrote:

Looking at your stats, I wouldn't let you gun for me. In fact, I will OB you and and keep on you shooting your corpse (WITH MY ROCKETS) till I finally pass out from LOL.....
Yea, I bet you minimize your game and check everyone's stats every time you jump in every vehicle you play.  Good response though, sounds like your about this many years old (holding up one hand).

Last edited by Drexel (2007-02-22 10:44:39)

zcradic
+0|6459
Is it forbidden to switch seats?

No, who gives a shit, if people want to solo let them.  Its just the same as having a gunner and a pilot except for your both.  IMO flying in the clouds and tving is boring though plus I cant hit anything so I would rather fly low shooting hellfire rockets at stuff.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6519

I think the votes speak the truth...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Drexel
+43|6526|Philadelphia

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

I think the votes speak the truth...
I think the question is wrong.   If it were restated as "do you think solo chopper is wrong"  I believe you'd get a totally different result.  The question of is it forbidden is not an opinion, it's a fact: it isn't.  I nulled the vote because of this issue.

If you think that this poll proves anything, you are totally wrong.

In fact, lets try it out.  I'll make the poll.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-02-22 11:05:09)

oChaos.Haze
+90|6488

ssonrats wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

Lmfao ummm...logic?
What the fuck are you talking about? You've lost me :S.

You just said there is no advantage to soloing, there is as i have stated twice now, given the right situation, i'd rather solo, most teams suck that i play against, easy pickings.
You said soloing has the advantage when the solo pilot is better than the duo he faces.   And I said, that's obvious.  It has nothing to do with the fact that he's soloing that gives him the advantage.  It's because he is better.  The advantage, advantage being something superior in the GAME, not the PLAYER, is ALWAYS with the duo.  Even if they get shot down by the better pilot, they still had the advantage.  They just blew it.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-02-22 11:06:32)

too_money2007
+145|6358|Keller, Tx
People saying that a pilot/gunner team is better than a soloer are wrong again.

Now, I don't have the fastest PC ever, but I can see everything. I can play with everything maxed and still get 40-60 fps.

I've flown numerous times with pilots who say, after I've tved a helo or tank or something, that they couldn't even see it.

I've play with guys over VIOP and still, they can't react as fast as me when I see a target. The best I've ever played with, there was a delay there still. So, a soloer is better since we can find our targets quicker, and we don't have to rely on someone else to line us up.

/thread
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6351
Hell no, It isn't.

If EA didn't want people soloing then they would fix it. I love soloing.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6373|Graz, Austria
It's not illegal, as it's a standard feature in the game and not a glitch.
But it should be disabled for jet & helos.

Sir Aidyn Sage wrote:

IT should be taken out {seat switching in Helo or bomber} in reality you can not switch and it should be that way here, it would take care of the WHORES that red line, Bail and Crash, adn the whiners that yell BAIL OUT.....

Remove the Seat switching option it these two, make it so you have to exit the Helo or Plane to switch.....
I seconded that.
Only allow seat-switching when the jet/helo is on the ground and not moving.

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-02-22 14:59:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard