The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6690|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Anyone else celebrate it by eating loads of Pancakes or is it a Uk only thing?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK
crap forgot about that. although i did wonder why there was squeezable lemon and syrup in ever row in sainsbury's.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio
Pancake Day?
Maple Syrup for me thank you.  Four kids (well 5 if you include me) in my house along with a dog.  Started cooking them when I got in from work at 6, finished them at 8.35, we eat them in order but it's me who cooks them so your's come round every 10-15 mins. Thank christ it's a once a year thing.  I used a batter mix but did see "Aunty Bessies" pre cooked and frozen variety that might be worth a shout next year.

https://www.auntbessies.co.uk/images/ab_products/3d_softpacks/200/3D-Pancakes.jpg

https://www.bakersandlarners.com/catalog/catalog/images/Maple-Syrup.jpg

Or, Kill the kids? and finish by 6.30
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Ginger day is every day, a life long celebration
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio
So, why are we celebrating pancakes?
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6781|mansfield
i love pancake day but my wife never made them.

BIATCH !!
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6788|Rotherham, England
Gotta go with home made i'm afraid 1927. The aunt bessies may look like an easy way out but i'll bet they taste like crap. Or at least nothing like the ones you made using spit and elbow grease

Edit: Treacle for me (aka golden syrup) https://british-accents.com/products/p-misc/lyles-golden.jpg

Last edited by pedigreeuk (2007-02-21 07:01:14)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK
Its a Christian thing to celebrate that crappy 40 days fast in the desert or whatever it was, they used all their eggs and flour and milk and stuff to make "pancakes" before they went on the fast, its become a tradition in England.
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6737|Sweden
https://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2432/eb4882412tyor4.gif
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6552|Valhalla

usmarine2007 wrote:

That’s why apparently...
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6384|Columbus, Ohio

Vilham wrote:

Its a Christian thing to celebrate that crappy 40 days fast in the desert or whatever it was, they used all their eggs and flour and milk and stuff to make "pancakes" before they went on the fast, its become a tradition in England.
So like Fat Tuesday here?
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6671|Teesside, UK

Vilham wrote:

crap forgot about that. although i did wonder why there was squeezable lemon and syrup in ever row in sainsbury's.
Snap.  Will probably nip out of buy some eggs etc and have it later in the week.

usmarine2007 wrote:

Because it was pancake day duh!!

usmarine2007 wrote:

Pancakes as well or other food?

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-02-21 07:11:15)

pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6788|Rotherham, England
USmarine2007: WIKIPEDIA LINK

pedigreeuk wrote:

Gotta go with home made i'm afraid 1927. The aunt bessies may look like an easy way out but i'll bet they taste like crap. Or at least nothing like the ones you made using spit and elbow grease
My Mrs does 12 hour shifts just about every day so I do the cooking in my house, I do it when she aint in work anyway as I enjoy it and I'm good at it however, stood in the same spot for over 2 hours in a boring routine cooking the same thing over and over as the kids keep asking "Is this one mine?" whilst getting nudged (non - sexual) by the dog even makes me wan't to cheat.  I can't see me doing the frozen method next year as my daughter likes to make them with me (6) whilst her lazy ass brother and sis chat on MNM or whatever you call it saying all that lol,l33t,pwn,looolz,funniest boi ever shit.  I reckon I cooked approx 40-50 all of which about 12".

Lil bastards didn't even do the dishes.
That Fat Tuesday rings a bell, something to do with all the housewifes having lard n milk left over or summat?
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6439|San Antonio, TX

usmarine2007 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Yeah Pancake day is the same as Fat Tuesday here.  I attend an Episcopal church, and they always have a pancake dinner the day before Ash Wednesday.  Marks the beginning of Lent.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6439|San Antonio, TX

1927 wrote:

That Fat Tuesday rings a bell, something to do with all the housewifes having lard n milk left over or summat?
I always thought it had to do with unleaven bread, like from the bible.  No yeast added, so the bread doesn't rise, but pancakes have a slightly better taste to them.

silo1180 wrote:

1927 wrote:

I always thought it had to do with unleaven bread, like from the bible.  No yeast added, so the bread doesn't rise, but pancakes have a slightly better taste to them.
I honestly don't know I can only take your word for it and after spending 2+ hours in the company of pancakes last night, like fuck am I going to wiki it!

Tell me something?  Are the only Pancakes you Americans have the little 6" type.  Usually breakfast ones?
falafel
+5|6347
I've never heard of the pancake tradition but we in sweden eat this thing
wikipedia link
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/Semla.jpg/662px-Semla.jpg

(sorry for the image size, a little big maybe )

Last edited by falafel (2007-02-21 07:21:00)

falafel wrote:

I've never heard of the pancake tradition but we in sweden eat this thing
wikipedia link
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … -Semla.jpg

(sorry for the image size, a little big maybe )
"King Adolf Frederick of Sweden died of digestion problems on February 12, 1771 after consuming a meal consisting of lobster, caviar, sour cabbage, smoked herring and champagne, which was topped off by 14 servings of his favourite dessert: a semla served in a bowl of hot milk".

Im not suprised, 14 of those things? There massive no wonder they invented starving for 40 days after eating them things.  Even Macdonalds would have trouble supersizing that mofo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard