Poll

Does the bible belong in the Fiction section?

Yes59%59% - 75
No40%40% - 52
Total: 127
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6522|South Florida
Well its that simple. A book about magical powers, gardens of every plant, snakes that talk, turning of a rib into a woman, a man gathering 2 of every animal onto one big boat he built by himself without getting eaten alive, ect go in the fiction section of the library, why an exception here?
15 more years! 15 more years!
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6636
the bible was invented by muslim magicians that made stuff up to make people think it's real.
Home
Section.80
+447|6844|Seattle, Washington, USA

Although I don't believe in that stuff, I don't think it should be in the fiction section any more than it should be in the non-fiction section. It should be in a 'Religion' section.
KO
Banned
+31|6540|New Jersey
One is suppose to translate the Bible figuratively not literally.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6681|United States of America
Who are you going to put it under as the author? God?
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6527|Sydney, in 1978
It belongs in fiction along with all other "religious" books
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6325

How old is this debate? Where the fuck does it matter? What matters is what you believe, get on with your life. Are you going down to your public library tomorrow dezert and gonna demand they put the bible in the section you want it in? Shut it.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6431
yep
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6746|Mark it zero.
The religion section is another way of placing the fiction books. Why not just put them together?
Smitty5613
+46|6523|Middle of nowhere, California

DesertFox423 wrote:

no, there were several writers, there is no reason to put an author down tho anyways...
Smitty5613
+46|6523|Middle of nowhere, California

Mongoose wrote:

u belong in a dumpster, along with all other athiests
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6618|Gold coast, Aus.
Yes. Fiction is the area where books go if there story is made up isnt it?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6516|Adelaide, South Australia

Homeschtar wrote:

Although I don't believe in that stuff, I don't think it should be in the fiction section any more than it should be in the non-fiction section. It should be in a 'Religion' section.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6681|United States of America

Smitty5613 wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

no, there were several writers, there is no reason to put an author down tho anyways...
Exactly, most books were written by different authors. For fiction, the Dewey Decimel System gives you the number and author's last name so it would be necessary.
theelviscerator
+19|6285

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Well its that simple. A book about magical powers, gardens of every plant, snakes that talk, turning of a rib into a woman, a man gathering 2 of every animal onto one big boat he built by himself without getting eaten alive, ect go in the fiction section of the library, why an exception here?
Professing themselves wise, they became fools.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

thareaper254 wrote:

the bible was invented by muslim magicians that made stuff up to make people think it's real.
Riiiiiiiiiiight....

The bible was written before Mohammad was born. Just thought you would like to know.

It belongs in the theology/religious section. Most libraries have one.

gene_pool wrote:

Not made up entirely... I think somebody just exaggerated a little... Well, a lot. Okay, so maybe some of it is fictional... You can be pretty certain some of the myths are based on fact though.

Oh wait, this is the junk drawer... Err... Don't mind me people...

Last edited by Flecco (2007-02-21 06:27:00)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6768|Rotherham, England

Smitty5613 wrote:

Mongoose wrote:

u belong in a dumpster, along with all other athiests
I like my dumpster, It's free from religion
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
I think religion is bullshit. However it should be in the beliefs section along with all other beliefs.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6655|South West England
Until proving to be Fact, its Fiction. As such, GTFO of Fact, Bible.......
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA
https://tartalacreme.photo.doctissimo.fr/images/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/smiley-boire-manger/TN_8875.gif
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
stef10
+173|6479|Denmark

Flecco wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight....

The bible was written before Mohammad was born. Just thought you would like to know.

gene_pool wrote:

Not made up entirely... I think somebody just exaggerated a little... Well, a lot. Okay, so maybe some of it is fictional... You can be pretty certain some of the myths are based on fact though.

Oh wait, this is the junk drawer... Err... Don't mind me people...
Yes the Bible or the Torah was made long before mohammed was born. It was made by Moses while God told him exactly what to write.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

DesertFox423 wrote:

God didn't write the bible, the disciples and a bunch of other earthlings wrote it.

Smitty5613 wrote:

Mongoose wrote:

u belong in a dumpster, along with all other athiests tongue
Not a very Christian attitude!
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6483|Melbourne

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Homeschtar wrote:

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker

Flecco wrote:

In any case, doesn't matter to me where the library puts it.  The several copies I have purchased are more than sufficient, eliminating the need to read one at the library.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire
Religion = ignorance. Give me one shred of actual proof to suggest otherwise and none of your 'but it's about having faith' nonsense. There's no difference between believing in the God of the bible and praying to the moon for a good harvest. It's all nonsense. You're born, you live and you die. If there's any great meaning in this life it has more to do with being part of one incredible cosmic coincidence than some omnipotent magical being who pulls all the strings in a magical kingdom in the afterlife. That's the problem with humans, we continually search for meaning even if there's none there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard