The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6663|Deep In The South Of Texas
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/370

More and more traditional companies from other segments are entering the PC power supply market. However, the majority of them actually don’t manufacture their products. In this short tutorial we will teach you how to find out who is the real manufacturer of a given power supply.

We can separate power supply companies into three groups: the ones that design and manufacture their own products (the minority), the ones that design their own products but hire another company to manufacture the products for them, and the ones that use OEM products, i.e. another company designs and manufactures their products, but adding the label, box and manual from the contracting company. Almost all well-known manufacturers that aren’t originally from the power supply business fall in this last category.
For example, my Antec SmartPower was made by Channel Well Technology(who also build for Xclio and Thermaltake), while other Antecs are made by Seasonic.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6602|SE London

Interesting. My Corsair PSU is made by Seasonic (which is why I bought it really because Seasonic make very solid PSUs).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard