Dragtastic
+0|6274
Anyone playing BF on a big screen HD TV, something 40 inches or up?  I am thinking about buying a tv with PC compatible slot and wondering what kind of experience you get when playing on something that big.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6573
Im sure it would be fun, I dont know. I know most video games advise not playing on large screens for health warnings though
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6651|Westminster, Colorado
I might have to try hooking my PC up to my 50" HDTV.  I know Darth Fleder played on a 65" for a while and didn't seem to have any issues.
agent146
+127|6384|Jesus Land aka Canada
not on HDTV but on a 35-40 inch TV before but i lost my adaptor for connecting the wires into t.v. and my PC. i played bf2 and brothers in arms on it (t.v.)  although i did not have any small table or stool and had to play lying on my stomach. overall it was good but it was impossible to see the print and i had to second guess where i put a certain video file or reading the print on a rpg game.

Last edited by agent146 (2007-02-20 14:09:41)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6748|Chicago.
I've got a 62" DLP Mitsubishi 1080i HDTV in the family room. Too bad I've been too lazy to drag my rig into there.
bootsy
Banned
+9|6284
i sometimes play it on a 32" lcd hdtv, looks great but wife wants to watch dr.phil,,lol, so im on my 21" lcd/dvi monitor

Last edited by bootsy (2007-02-20 14:10:49)

SoC./Omega
+122|6538|Omaha, Nebraska!

Dragtastic wrote:

Anyone playing BF on a big screen HD TV, something 40 inches or up?  I am thinking about buying a tv with PC compatible slot and wondering what kind of experience you get when playing on something that big.
d4t w0uld b3 the b0mb!!!
too_money2007
+145|6306|Keller, Tx
I played BF2 on my 47" HDTV for a while. Only bad thing about it is, if you have a 16:9 set, you have to add a line to the exe file which stretches your resolution to fit your screen. Makes it look ugly as fizuck.
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6770|California, US

bootsy wrote:

i sometimes play it on a 32" lcd hdtv, looks great but wife wants to watch dr.phil,,lol, so im on my 21" lcd/dvi monitor
i was looking at buying a 32" LCD hdtv, does bf2 run smooth on your tv? and what video card are you using for it also?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6436|King Of The Islands

The big screen is cool, but where do you seat the mouse? I need a desk.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6515|USA
i have played on a big rig.  with the sound and all, it is quite an experience.  if i had the dough to shell out, i would do something of the sorts.
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6468|NY
I dragged my rig into my tv room to try it on my 46" Samsung HD DLP TV and after hooking it up and all that crap, I load up bf2 and it just crashes to desktop. I would imagine there is some setting where I have to change the resolution....I just eventually gave up and unhooked everything; im fine with playing on a 19" LCD in a comfy computer chair.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6692|The Ville
I need to hook it up down in my basement on my 103 inch projector screen I have the cables for it, I just don't know how to re connect the cat-5 wire. I can't even follow diagrams that good so who knows when I'll get to play it down there.

Last edited by Obiwan (2007-02-20 14:59:14)

Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
+22|6643|Top of the leaderboard.
i regularly play on a 62 inch toshiba dlp  hdtv, I love killing people as big as me, but lack of proper seating/place to ergonomically put mouse and keyboard, lead me to usually stay at the desk most of the time.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6646|Norway
Yeah, i tried that on a 42"
It`s fucking amazing!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Would be cool but my 1680x1080 monitor is enough.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

It'd be cool, but as someone else said if it's 16:9 ratio then it is all stretched out and ugly. You can thank DICE for not implementing true widescreen support =/
dubbs
+105|6629|Lexington, KY
I have had it connected to my 32" TV.  The only think I have an issue with is the text is not clear enough to read.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard