anuban
+3|6373
First, I will preface this post by saying that I SUCKKK at BF 2142!!!!  As my stats will attest too.  (But I love it)

I know that this is going to cause heated debate!  However, here it goes! 

I live in Thailand and play on servers in Thailand!  (As I have posted before, it is just about all I can connect to with the poor internet infrastructure here)  There are 2 main servers that people play on here and they always seem to be populated by the same core group of people.  Some of them are really quite good.  I never seem to get an easy fight, well at least not too easy!

Most of the time a hard fight is more fun and keeps me interested more than not.  But it sure does feel good to be able to go into a server and beat up on people once in a while!  I was able to do this the other day on some server in Hong Kong.  There were a few relatively high ranked people in the room but I was able to clean house, without breaking a sweat.  I had something like a 4:1 or 5:1 kill ratio just playing infantry, no armor. 
I know some people will tell me that they do this all the time, whenever they play.  Blah blah blah, I don't want to hear how good you are!

So this is my question, is it easy to find servers in the states or elsewhere that is filled with lets say "less experienced" or "inferior players" ????
LT.Victim
+1,175|6586|British Columbia, Canada
Yes.

But they aren't easy when I join
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6366
In the Advanced Multiplayer Tab you can set a filter for "Rank Restricted Servers" (or something like that, don´t know exactly what its called).
On those Servers are only the low ranked players allowed to join, so its more likely that the competition is less hard there.

But if I´m allowed to give you a tip: Play on those servers where you got skilled players. It´s a better way of learning the techniques. Way better. .
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Afrika_18
+26|6565
I prefer servers with 10-14 people on them.  There's never a shortage of vehicles and for some reason I always own when there's fewer people.  Also, you rarely run into hackers and smaktards on low-player servers.  Great fun.

Oh, I cannot tell a lie: I routinely get fucking PWND on servers with 30+ people....lol
anuban
+3|6373

Sisco10 wrote:

In the Advanced Multiplayer Tab you can set a filter for "Rank Restricted Servers" (or something like that, don´t know exactly what its called).
On those Servers are only the low ranked players allowed to join, so its more likely that the competition is less hard there.

But if I´m allowed to give you a tip: Play on those servers where you got skilled players. It´s a better way of learning the techniques. Way better. .
Sorry SISCO, Thankyou for all of the info  HOWEVER, IF YOU READ my post it says that I live in THAILAND and that is all that there is to play on.  I only have a choice of 2 servers!!!!
DJStoney69
+4|6558|New Jersey
Play and get better, thats all i can say to do. Walking over less experienced players kinda sucks and gets boring and is a quick way to get the boot out the server.
anuban
+3|6373
CAN ANYBODY READ!   I suggest some people need to stop playing the game every once in a while and practice reading COMPREHENSION!!!!!!!

My Question in the original post WAS, Is it easy to find servers with players that are less experienced?

In other words is it easy to find servers that are not filled expert players or clans that destroy everything in their path?

Here in Thailand the 2 servers that are always populated are full of GOOD CLANS and Great players!

I posted this question merely out of curiosity, as I cannot connect to any servers in America or Europe as my connection is too slow.

I also never stated that I needed to learn or wanted to play on a rank restricted server.  I'm merely making the point that the 1 time I went into an easy server it was fun.  It let me gauge how far my skills have come!  It's not always easy to tell that when  you are playing against other players that are really good!

A frustrated poster!!!

Last edited by anuban (2007-02-20 17:20:10)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6653|Washington, DC

Unfortunately, due to your location, you probably won't find any rank-restricted servers near you. You really can only play on those servers near you. After all, you won't get better playing against idiots. You'll get better playing with and against good players. Your KD's might, and probably will suck at first, but that's just part of the learning process.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6366
So let me figure this out.
You wanted to know, If there is a way of finding servers with less skilled players, cause you liked to play on one of those, although you got no chance of playing on one of those servers cause you only got 2 (are you serious? just 2 servers?) you can play on?!

If so, my answer was what you wanted to know.
Otherwise you cant figure out if the players on the server are good, because rank does not say much about skill and if you´re not one of the regulars on the server you got no idea whats going on on there.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6698|Canberra, AUS
If there are only two servers you can play on, why are you asking us?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6644|Gold coast, Aus.
2 servers? Are you sure you patched?
Sambuccashake
+126|6633|Sweden

Spark wrote:

Apparently he's just curious.
psH
Banned
+217|6406|Sydney
I just uber owned some people on Gamearena [TI] tonight, man it was good, i got like 20 Pilum kills IASR
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6460|Brisbane, Australia
Yeah thialand suks, your so close to us aussies and we get worst connection to you guys.

I feel for you, you have the asian skills there, everyone is good.

i sugest, try and play toher servers
anuban
+3|6373

Sambuccashake wrote:

Spark wrote:

Apparently he's just curious.
Thankyou Sambuccashake!  Yes I am just curious about how often people (People in places where there is an abundance of servers) are able to go into rooms and find them populated with players that they are better then!   

The 1 time recently, I was able to get good pings times on servers OUTSIDE of Thailand, I was astonished.  I was able to run circles around everybody without a problem.   

Again thanks Sambucca
Bernadictus
+1,055|6760

Squad up with a team, stick together, play as a team, and you will pwn.

squading up: costs 4 seconds
playing together: costs othing
wining a map like berlin in 4 minutes due to proper teamwork: priceless
jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

Yes, whatever server Entertayner happens to be in.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6833|Nårvei

Like Bernie says owning in a squad is much more satisfactory than owning on your own, try to get in contact with other Thai`s to join or form a community that can play together on a regular basis.

The feeling you get fighting with people you know working as a team is indeed priceless

Randomly i can join a server with nobody i know and come out on top but it not so much fun as teamwork ....
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Slickfish
+24|6646
I dont seem to find servers that are a walk over that often.
Which is good, as I like a good close round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard