CameronPoe
+2,925|6571

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

18. You have to believe the writer of this post is a communist jihadist who is probably wearing a suicide bomb belt right now.
Communist. Go live in russia till you can respect the American liberties and see how the liberals take them away.
I think you'll find Russia isn't communist anymore. Try turning on your TV. Do you see the word liberty? It has the same stem as the word liberal. Why is that I wonder? Because liberals generally advocate the freedom to do as we please, within reason. Liberals != Communists: the Cold War is over sonny. You can wake up now. It was all just a bad dream...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-02-19 16:06:47)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6306|Éire
I smell communist... release the hounds.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6545|Global Command
I'm about to throw a major tizzy fit.
Stand by for it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Stand by for it.
I'd say it's justified..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6545|Global Command
It's okay, as a staunch conservative I am used to a double standard, especially when concerning the rabid left wing dominated media.

I think this double standard simply demonstrates the fact that liberals much change the rules to be right whereas conservatives are just right.
BVC
+325|6712
American cons and libs seem so damned extreme...I know this and the other thread are pisstakes but geez, they're not that far removed from the truth!

usmarine2007 wrote:

Ok?  Liberals should be opposed to violent video games yes?  That is why little boys are trading pokemon cards instead of playing with GI Joes.
I was rather fond of Conquest X-30, that thing ruled, always used to kick Optimus Primes arse!  Action man would just sit there and do nothing, because my little brother pulled his leg off one time...not that an astronaut could do much in a war anyway, we just said he survived the Challenger explosion...ehe...
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6662
It seems as if the newly elected Democrat congress is more concerned with "sticking it" to the Republicans and settling a score with Bush than they are with actually making progress.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6296

ATG wrote:

It's okay, as a staunch conservative I am used to a double standard, especially when concerning the rabid left wing dominated media.

I think this double standard simply demonstrates the fact that liberals much change the rules to be right whereas conservatives are just right.
Well if the other thread belongs in the junk drawer, I'd have to say this one does too due to similar content. Either both stay or both go.

That said, I still can't stop laughing any time someone talks about the "rabid left wing dominated media". This would be the same media primarily owned by big conservatives like Rupert Murdoch and populated by conservatives like Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, et cetera. The same media that gave us the "Bill 'n' Monica Show" 24/7 365 days a year for over three years but necklaced Dan Rather when he tried to do a story about Bush dodging his service requirements and allows companies like Monsanto to determine what stories make the evening news. The same media that seems to have mostly forgotten the war going on in Afghanistan (although now they've rediscovered it since the recent troop surge there). The same media that allowed Laura Bush to cry her crocodile tears for the women of Afghanistan instead of asking her where all this concern was when the Taliban were buddies with our government. Double standard != a liberal viewpoint occasionally sneaking through the gauntlet of spineless lickspittle reporters and news staff only concerned with ratings and money.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6306|Éire

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

That said, I still can't stop laughing any time someone talks about the "rabid left wing dominated media". This would be the same media primarily owned by big conservatives like Rupert Murdoch and populated by conservatives like Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, et cetera. The same media that gave us the "Bill 'n' Monica Show" 24/7 365 days a year for over three years but necklaced Dan Rather when he tried to do a story about Bush dodging his service requirements and allows companies like Monsanto to determine what stories make the evening news. The same media that seems to have mostly forgotten the war going on in Afghanistan (although now they've rediscovered it since the recent troop surge there). The same media that allowed Laura Bush to cry her crocodile tears for the women of Afghanistan instead of asking her where all this concern was when the Taliban were buddies with our government. Double standard != a liberal viewpoint occasionally sneaking through the gauntlet of spineless lickspittle reporters and news staff only concerned with ratings and money.
Well said.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6296

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

It seems as if the newly elected Democrat congress is more concerned with "sticking it" to the Republicans and settling a score with Bush than they are with actually making progress.
Sticking it to the Republicans and settling a score with Bush? Are you kidding me? If they wanted to do that, they'd get up and say "Hey, smacktards, we're not letting you have your troop surge and we're shutting down all this bullshit about going after Iran before you get us totally in over our heads.", not "We took a vote! We don't like your war! But we're not going to do anything about it and we think it's time we were all friends!". The Democrats are still behaving like they're whipped by all the empty tough-talk coming out of the GOP and they'll continue to be useless as an opposition party until they stop cringing in fear at all this McCarthyite garbage and start standing up to the people who keep calling them terrorist-appeasers and such.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6669

ATG wrote:

Stand by for it.
It's all about timing

Admin/Mods Online: 0
    Registered users online: 58
    Guests online: 48
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6725|Charlie One Alpha
Heh ATG, you'll have to suck it for a while... that said, I read both of these threads. Now, I consider myself liberal-ish, but I couldn't really find myself in any of ATG's statements (even though they were over-the-top), so by you standards I'm not even a liberal, apparently. I did agree with most of Poe's statements however. Most neo-cons really DO seem to believe these things..
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas
I maintain my stance as a Libertive Conservitval.

However, I am in staunch opposition to neo-conservatism.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Why are people so adamant about putting labels on each other? It seems we have to classify a persons opinion to ensure that free thought is confined. I was taught in kindergarten to avoid name calling and prejudice. My voter card says Republican, that's about the extent of it though, it means nothing else.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

5. You have to believe that it's great to spend billions on dollars on exciting new means of killing fellow humans and at the same time be appalled at the suggestion of putting money towards stem cell research to help cure disease.
So fucking true... 

CameronPoe wrote:

6. You have to believe in the sanctity of life and the horror of abortion whilst maintaining a non-chalant attitude towards 'collateral damage' when dropping bombs on arab villages.
Same here...

CameronPoe wrote:

12. You have to let loose all constraints on big money monopolising everything - because balance sheets and stock market indices are more important than human beings.
Another particularly good one...

CameronPoe wrote:

17. You have to believe burning fossil fuels has absolutely NO impact whatsoever on anything. Buying SUVs is good for the economy and BIG business. W00t!
Yep, a good way to end the summary....

Now, admittedly, not all neocons fit these 18 points completely, but enough of them do to make their group a very scary one.
Turquoise
O Canada

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Sticking it to the Republicans and settling a score with Bush? Are you kidding me? If they wanted to do that, they'd get up and say "Hey, smacktards, we're not letting you have your troop surge and we're shutting down all this bullshit about going after Iran before you get us totally in over our heads.", not "We took a vote! We don't like your war! But we're not going to do anything about it and we think it's time we were all friends!". The Democrats are still behaving like they're whipped by all the empty tough-talk coming out of the GOP and they'll continue to be useless as an opposition party until they stop cringing in fear at all this McCarthyite garbage and start standing up to the people who keep calling them terrorist-appeasers and such.
Exactly.  If we want real progress in this country, it will likely take a true revolution -- as in overthrowing the government.  Unfortunately, that's virtually impossible at this point.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6772|United States of America

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Ahhhhhh.....Liberals playing a war game.
Neo-conservatives are really good at war. Let me see. Vietnam. Iraq. Afghanistan. All unqualified successes! Did you see the film of those guys scrambling onto a chopper leaving the US embassy in Hanoi? Hilarious.
Did you ever see how it was Liberals who caused that, and then when leaving Vietnam, are the ones responsible for the millions of deaths afterwards?
Turquoise
O Canada

Miller wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Ahhhhhh.....Liberals playing a war game.
Neo-conservatives are really good at war. Let me see. Vietnam. Iraq. Afghanistan. All unqualified successes! Did you see the film of those guys scrambling onto a chopper leaving the US embassy in Hanoi? Hilarious.
Did you ever see how it was Liberals who caused that, and then when leaving Vietnam, are the ones responsible for the millions of deaths afterwards?
Neoliberals like Kennedy are the inspiration for how Republicans became interventionists.  Bush is basically a modern neoliberal with conservative social views.

Either way, the warmongering tendencies of both neoliberals and neoconservatives are the reason why we get stuck in expensive and needless wars.

Republicans were much better off as isolationists.  It's too bad they lost their way....  Too many Democrats like Lieberman are just the same.  Even Clinton had a mild case of interventionist addiction, which would explain a lot of the reason for his interest in removing Saddam in the late 90s.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6383|Columbus, Ohio

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Neo-conservatives are really good at war. Let me see. Vietnam. Iraq. Afghanistan. All unqualified successes!
Ok?  Liberals should be opposed to violent video games yes?  That is why little boys are trading pokemon cards instead of playing with GI Joes.
Errrmm. Have you seen my BF2142 stats? Your generalised view of people in the 'outside world' is incredibly warped.
I said "aren't they supposed to" not "they don't play."  And no, I do not need to see stats of some gay ass game.  I cannot believe I just heard a "check my stats" in the debate section.  Come on Cam.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-19 18:27:54)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

I have already posted the difference between the two.

A Conservative and a Liberal were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Conservative gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Liberal was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Conservative's pocket and gave the homeless person fifty dollars.

Now you understand the difference between Conservative and Liberal.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

Kmarion wrote:

A Conservative and a Liberal were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Conservative gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Liberal was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Conservative's pocket and gave the homeless person fifty dollars.

No one cares.
Turquoise
O Canada
Apparently, you cared enough to post.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Miller wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No one cares.
Wow that was out of left field Miller.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

Kmarion wrote:

Miller wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No one cares.
Not being mean, but, no one cares. It doesn't matter if you tell anyone, they won't understand it. Even if they do, they will then complain if they are liberal, and if conservative, argue with that liberal about it, thus causing more mess than it cleaned up.  Politics bore me now too, so I am just going to be as much of a jerk as possible. Not towards the Cons, just libs.
Turquoise
O Canada

Miller wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Miller wrote:

No one cares.
Not being mean, but, no one cares. It doesn't matter if you tell anyone, they won't understand it. Even if they do, they will then complain if they are liberal, and if conservative, argue with that liberal about it, thus causing more mess than it cleaned up.  Politics bore me now too, so I am just going to be as much of a jerk as possible. Not towards the Cons, just libs.
Major Spittle beat you to that.  Although admittedly, he does occasionally make a good point or two.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard