pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR
didnt work, im at the end of my tether with this one now, any more advice?

BTW my CPu is running at 82 celsius. Not good. Might it be an over heating issue?

Last edited by pers0nah (2007-03-04 09:31:38)

kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6282
Several things:

1. Like said by someone before, run memtest86 - it is a program that tests your RAM for errors. I strongly doubt it is a RAM fault though, but its best to check anyways.

2. The 82C is definately NOT good, especially if you aren't even overclocking. I would suggest using a CPU stress tool such as prime95 (finding it through google should be no problem), whilest running a temperature monitor - I'd recommend speedfan.

If the temperature approaches anywhere near 90C, you are in trouble - the chances are your heatsink on the CPU isn't attached properly - this could be because the thermal paste is ancient, or it became dislodged, or dust etc. The right course of action then would be to reaply some thermal paste and correctly attach the cooler or remove any obvious dust clogs.

However, if the temperature isn't high, I would recommend you run prime for about an 2 hours and see if it gives you any errors. If it does, something in your system is unstable. If it doesn't, then it is more or less definately a software related issue.

To give you any further help, I'd appreciate if you posted your full system specs, - make of motherboard, RAM, etc, and also whether or not you are overclocking.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR

kalashnickov wrote:

Several things:

1. Like said by someone before, run memtest86 - it is a program that tests your RAM for errors. I strongly doubt it is a RAM fault though, but its best to check anyways.

2. The 82C is definately NOT good, especially if you aren't even overclocking. I would suggest using a CPU stress tool such as prime95 (finding it through google should be no problem), whilest running a temperature monitor - I'd recommend speedfan.

If the temperature approaches anywhere near 90C, you are in trouble - the chances are your heatsink on the CPU isn't attached properly - this could be because the thermal paste is ancient, or it became dislodged, or dust etc. The right course of action then would be to reaply some thermal paste and correctly attach the cooler or remove any obvious dust clogs.

However, if the temperature isn't high, I would recommend you run prime for about an 2 hours and see if it gives you any errors. If it does, something in your system is unstable. If it doesn't, then it is more or less definately a software related issue.

To give you any further help, I'd appreciate if you posted your full system specs, - make of motherboard, RAM, etc, and also whether or not you are overclocking.
Im almost certain its the heatsink, im running speed fan now, 55 degrees. I think its the heatsink because its clearly clogged with dust, gonna get my hands on a can of air.
kalashnickov
Extreme Overclocking
+3|6282

pers0nah wrote:

kalashnickov wrote:

Several things:

Im almost certain its the heatsink, im running speed fan now, 55 degrees. I think its the heatsink because its clearly clogged with dust, gonna get my hands on a can of air.
Remember to run it whilst running prime.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard