Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

The majority of everything I have heard all day on TV is about Britney shaving her head clean and what that worthless tramp Anna Nichole Smith did. I can understand mentioning it, but there has to be a cut off. People like to look at the pathetic failures of celebrities to make their own lives seem better. But when the news completely becomes entertainment it is out of control. Who the hell cares what was in Anna Nichole's refrigerator, or who she slept with. She is dead FFS. How about a story about the 60 people that have died due to the recent snow storms in the states. I'm more concerned with the 9 year old girl who died in OH because of the Ice storms. You have to dig into the news to see that. Gerarldo needs to eat shit, die, and stop trying to make a story out of pointless crap.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-17 19:20:32)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
It is because the news stations are all forcing themselves into a ratings war and by reporting on things that have no informative value but people are interested in as entertainment they get better ratings. The stations owners are more concerned about better ratings (which mean they can charge more for advertisements) so them sell themselves out to try and get them. Unfortunately people are more interested in learning about the eating habits of washed up singers than the complex politics of the Middle East, Africa and Asia, or really any news stories that have informative value. It really says something about our country.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Spot on docta. If you want this stupid bullshit "news" coverage to stop, just tune out your TV. Turn off your cable box, or put it on HBO or something. If nobody's interested in some fuckup who made millions singing shitty songs, they'll stop covering it.
Smithereener
+138|6323|California
So true. I'd say it's probably because the general public is more insterested in knowing the ins and outs of celebrities instead of something else. Therefore, those "BREAKING NEWS!!! ANNA NICOLE SMITH IS DEAD!! FOR MORE THAN 1 WEEK!" or "BRITNEY SPEARS SHAVES HEAD!!!" get more viewers than some story about how a 10 year old kid is raising money for charity. Which is really sad...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
By focusing endlessly on celebrities and their worthless misadventures they can distract us from the open borders, the emergency room clogged with illegals and the house of cards that is our social security system, while at the same time subtly suggesting through script and dialog that republicans are evil and stupid and only hillary and the democrats can save us.

Oh yeah, guns are bad.

Personally, if I never received an update on Brad Pitt and Angalina Jo whatever's love life problems whilst standing in line at the grocery store it would be just great.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Okay this is just fucking obscene:

https://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3991/untitled2wx0.jpg
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
I'm not.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

Hurricane wrote:

Spot on docta. If you want this stupid bullshit "news" coverage to stop, just tune out your TV. Turn off your cable box, or put it on HBO or something. If nobody's interested in some fuckup who made millions singing shitty songs, they'll stop covering it.
Well that is what I do. I get my news from sources I know will not "spam" themselves with these annoying stories about celeberties. I know which sources will tell me about the latest misadventures of Britney Spears and the ones that tell me about important stuff like the crisies in The Middle East or Africa and chose to use the latter as my news sources whilst avoiding the former as best I can. If everyone did that the imformative value and quality of journalism in today's news media will improve greatly.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6500|Connecticut

ATG wrote:

By focusing endlessly on celebrities and their worthless misadventures they can distract us from the open borders, the emergency room clogged with illegals and the house of cards that is our social security system, while at the same time subtly suggesting through script and dialog that republicans are evil and stupid and only hillary and the democrats can save us.

Oh yeah, guns are bad.

Personally, if I never received an update on Brad Pitt and Angalina Jo whatever's love life problems whilst standing in line at the grocery store it would be just great.
lol.....you would be lost without Brad and you know it *sarcasm*.
Malloy must go
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569
To be fair, it is pretty entertaining to watch them make complete idiots of themselves in public and then play teh 1337 heroes!!!!111!! in movies.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6693|Hell's prison
I cant believe that Anna Nicole and Spears got special 15-20 minute segments and the troops that recently died got a 10 second "Oh by the way mention", that pisses me off.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA
What a great question!! I have no clue why were are obsessed with talentless celebs. . .

Maybe because we enjoy watching the "train wreck" that is their life?? Its sick shit really!!!

I mean all over the internet and news its Britney shaving her goddamn head or Anna No Talent Smith's death. .  . Its rediculous, we have troops in harms way, an economy to watch, political banter to wage amonst ourselves. . . there are more pressing stories to worry about than douchebag celebs who flat out arent that exciting!!

I dropped a deuce bomb earlier that was more exciting than some of the news on TV these days!

BTW FUCKING BASEBALL SEASON IS UPON US, WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN BRITNEY OR BRANGELINA OR ANNA NICOLE!!!  GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm more concerned with who is going to bat behind Barry Bonds than these assholes!!!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-02-18 04:44:18)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

I cant believe that Anna Nicole and Spears got special 15-20 minute segments and the troops that recently died got a 10 second "Oh by the way mention", that pisses me off.
If the troops wanted a mention they should have had bigger breasts.

And no, that isn't a joke.  That's just the way things work in the entertainment news industry.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
Marines have breast plates in the armor, but I suppose that's not enough?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

ATG wrote:

Bigger, rounder breasts.

You'll note that the woman who got captured made the news.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina
Sex sells, and so do meaningless reality TV and empty details of the lives of famous people.

The most disgusting example of this was when Princess Diana and Mother Teresa died in the same week, but very little coverage at all was given to Mother Teresa.

Gee, I wonder which woman contributed more to humankind?...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Anyone who gets upset over it is a willing victim of news obsession. I just don't read/watch whatever articles/reports that don't attract my attention.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6487|Sheffield-England
Paris Hilton can't sing
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6500|Connecticut

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

Bigger, rounder breasts.

You'll note that the woman who got captured made the news.
He has a point. An investigation proved her weapon was never fired either, proving that she surrendered immediately rather than her story, in which she fired upon the enemy and "doesnt remember" what happened. She was made to be a hero because she has tits.
Malloy must go
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6818|NÃ¥rvei

Why did Ceasar build the coloseum ?

Distraction is shown throught the centuries to calm the people and draw attention away from the really important issues !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6419|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Varegg wrote:

Why did Ceasar build the coloseum ?

Distraction is shown throught the centuries to calm the people and draw attention away from the really important issues !
QFT
Love this one.

Also,

Great minds discuss ideas while

Small minds discuss people
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6533|South Florida

Kmarion wrote:

The majority of everything I have heard all day on TV is about Britney shaving her head clean and what that worthless tramp Anna Nichole Smith did. I can understand mentioning it, but there has to be a cut off. People like to look at the pathetic failures of celebrities to make their own lives seem better. But when the news completely becomes entertainment it is out of control. Who the hell cares what was in Anna Nichole's refrigerator, or who she slept with. She is dead FFS. How about a story about the 60 people that have died due to the recent snow storms in the states. I'm more concerned with the 9 year old girl who died in OH because of the Ice storms. You have to dig into the news to see that. Gerarldo needs to eat shit, die, and stop trying to make a story out of pointless crap.
Step 1: Close mouth
Step 2: Close Internet Browser
Step 3: Walk to TV
Step 4: Pick Up Remote
Step 5: Change Channel
Step 6: Find Something Usefull To Post About

It's just what people want. Not neccesarily you, but the general population.

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-02-18 14:34:24)

15 more years! 15 more years!
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6775
The whole world seems to be obsessed with celebrity.

We buy and read magazines of these fuckers coming in and out of restaurants, on holiday, walking down the street. What could be more boring?

Celebrity is now a commodity. Shows like pop idol, popstars, survivor etc are not creating music/compitition. They are creating celebrity. its big business.

Are our own lives so pathetic we have to constantly hear about other peoples lives?
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6594|Sweden
It's the same shit here in sweden. All tv shows are nothing but crap. commercials and stupid soap documentaries.  My tv broke down two years ago and I still haven't fixed the damn thing and don't think I ever will. You have no idea how much other things you get done without it. And I get enough of britney just from reading the newspapers anyway......
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6698|Tampa Bay Florida

ATG wrote:

while at the same time subtly suggesting through script and dialog that republicans are evil and stupid and only hillary and the democrats can save us.
LOL

You somehow like to blame Democrats and liberals for the medias incompetence... I wonder what you hear when you listen to the news?  I think you're hearing one thing, and listening to another.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard