The Forum Alien
+89|6803|The planet Tophet
ill get it if i get a better compy
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

*TS*tphai wrote:

The "Megatexture Engine" is supposed to be much more efficient than previous DX9 games. I posted the minimum specs in th OP at the bottom.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6532|Edmonton Alberta

Kmarion wrote:

*TS*tphai wrote:

The "Megatexture Engine" is supposed to be much more efficient than previous DX9 games. I posted the minimum specs in th OP at the bottom.
from one of those videos it says that this megatexture engine can render the entire landscape on something like 16 megs of video ram (or something like that i dont remember exactly) ... so thats why theres going to be no fogging effect (like in bf2) from what i understand is you will effictivly be able to see from one end of the map to the other.... thats if u have line of sight of course
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6565
Yay, ET:QW has pretty low system requirements. If you've been able to play Doom 3 and Quake 4 in the past than you'll be able to play ET:QW without problems. It's the same engine, just pimped.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6532|Edmonton Alberta

fierce wrote:

Yay, ET:QW has pretty low system requirements. If you've been able to play Doom 3 and Quake 4 in the past than you'll be able to play ET:QW without problems. It's the same engine, just pimped.
it has lower specs than bf2...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

straz_mataz wrote:

fierce wrote:

it has lower specs than bf2...
A better engine means you do not have to sacrifice quality for performance.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

The release date has been updated to June 5th, 2007.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

I´ll go for this game! The graphics looks awesome! I´ve played ET before, and like it pretty much. Now with the Quake background, it look even more interesting!

The minimum system requierments are a joke, arent they! I dont think this game will run on such a old rig...
DooM
+28|6304
You should all check out www.etqw.com

Updating news and a forum (forum needs to get busier though).
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

DooM wrote:

You should all check out www.etqw.com

Updating news and a forum (forum needs to get busier though).
I have it at the bottom of the opening post as "One of the best sites for information". Sadly I must say I check it everyday . Believe it or not wikipedia is usually on the ball with up to date information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_Wars . I think we are all eager for a new strong multiplayer FPS, hopefully it will live up to everyones expectations.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6719|Oregon
the gameplay of QW is supposed to be a lot like that of Wolfenstein: ET. i re-downloaded it and am practicin my ass off...[TUF] is probably goin to do some CPL events for this game, very exciting stuff.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

the gameplay of QW is supposed to be a lot like that of Wolfenstein: ET. i re-downloaded it and am practicin my ass off...[TUF] is probably goin to do some CPL events for this game, very exciting stuff.
My buddy is beta testing it now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
zeidmaan
+234|6412|Vienna

I dont know if this video has been posted before. IF it was sue me.
http://planetquake4.net/download.php?op … p;lid=2333

You can stream it but I recommend downloading it. Its 286 MB (great quality) and its 37 mins long (I downloaded at 500Kb/s). Its a live presentation of the game that shows many things about the game (classes, rules, objectives, vehicles, megatextures etc).

I think for this game the demo is going to be crucial considering how skeptical many people are. I hope they put out a wicked proper demo. One thing that is amazing but that also worries me is that there is no artificial fog to lower the FOV. One one hand its an amazing feature but on the other hand it is probably going to put snipers in an unbelievable advantage. Maps are supposedly going to be big with lots of open terrain, so you might expect 500 meters kills to become routine. This can of course lead to too many snipers
We will see.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

^^I'll post the Youtube version of it here for the lazy ones.

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650

zeidmaan wrote:

I dont know if this video has been posted before. IF it was sue me.
http://planetquake4.net/download.php?op … p;lid=2333

You can stream it but I recommend downloading it. Its 286 MB (great quality) and its 37 mins long (I downloaded at 500Kb/s). Its a live presentation of the game that shows many things about the game (classes, rules, objectives, vehicles, megatextures etc).

I think for this game the demo is going to be crucial considering how skeptical many people are. I hope they put out a wicked proper demo. One thing that is amazing but that also worries me is that there is no artificial fog to lower the FOV. One one hand its an amazing feature but on the other hand it is probably going to put snipers in an unbelievable advantage. Maps are supposedly going to be big with lots of open terrain, so you might expect 500 meters kills to become routine. This can of course lead to too many snipers
We will see.
skilled sniping = good sniping

also, lone wolfing = failing in QW

lone wolfing = team fails = team gets raped = sniper gets raped
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

If this doesn't have the Quake 2 style (as a prequel), I'll be disappointed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If this doesn't have the Quake 2 style (as a prequel), I'll be disappointed.
Unlikely considering it is a dedicated multi player.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6653|Brisbane, Australia

Eh, looks good, but Ill stay back, it seems things I dont care about turn out awesome and things I put my faith into bomb out.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

You can now Pre-Order and reserve you online name.
http://www.enemyterritory.com/buyitnow/index.html

Some great news for all ET:QW fans:

Reserve your copy of ET:QW online and secure your online username, one of two exclusive Quake Wars posters and a collector's card starter set.

North American pre-orders will be open from March 26th over at Gamestop and from April 12th at Best Buy.

(Delivery date remains unconfirmed however!)

For a full list of vendors and a sneek peek at the goodies on offer, check out the official Quake Wars site.

Also included in the latest Press Release: Details on the Limited Collector's Edition!

More Details:

Advance Username Registration: Get an exclusive keycode to reserve your preferred username now.

Collector’s Cards: Receive the first 2 cards in a set of 12, each featuring a different Strogg or GDF vehicle or deployable with game facts and tips. The remaining 10 cards will only be available in the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Limited Collector’s Edition (see below).

Poster: There are two posters in all, with each retail location offering one exclusive poster each.

About the Limited Collector’s Edition:

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Limited Collector’s Edition features premium packaging with a slipcase, as well as ten collector’s cards, available only through the Limited Collector’s Edition offer. In addition to the premium packaging and collectible cards, fans will receive a bonus DVD, complete with concept art and other cool stuff for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars’ biggest fans.

The release date moved forward 3 days as well.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-29 18:03:27)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
zeidmaan
+234|6412|Vienna

lol collector cards omg

any news on the Demo ?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

http://www.quakeunity.com/stream=2452
New video (Interview). Stats information!

Another hands on as well.
http://www.quakeunity.com/article=22

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-05 19:56:30)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6651
This game is the reason I haven't bought 2142 (edit: apart from the lack of a stats feed, of course ).  I hope Splash Damage keep with the spirit of the Q4 engine and release the full source code.

Last edited by UON (2007-04-08 14:06:04)

Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6324|Brussels, Belgium

UON wrote:

This game is the reason I haven't bought 2142 (edit: apart from the lack of a stats feed, of course ).  I hope Splash Damage keep with the spirit of the Q4 engine and release the full source code.
Same here, I didn't  buy 2142 because I knew it was only a mod with the same engine and the same bugs.

I chose patience, until Quake Wars comes out, I'll wait.

And if the game works like Quake 4 then I may not have to upgrade my pc.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard